Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2019, 03:48 PM   #4821
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

We're going to see a crushing defeat, undone by literal divine intervention as the Lord of Light raises all the fallen and Doctor strange opens up a portal to bring them all to the battle for impending victory
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:51 PM   #4822
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
if Jon and Beric are fire/light wights, why didn't they crumble when their resurrector (i.e. Thoros and Melisandre) bit the dust? why do only the bad wights have to play by the Phantom Menace droid rules?
Well I'm thinking of how the Children of the Forest made the original Night King, by stabbing him with the dragonglass. So when Daenerys finds out about Jon blabbing to Sansa, and she will, she'll kill him. So I'm just playing a hunch that maybe the combination of Fire (Targaryen) and Ice (Stark) makes him special or some ####.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:02 PM   #4823
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

My guess is Jon kills Dany after she torches king landing killing 1000s of innocents
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:27 PM   #4824
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Well I'm thinking of how the Children of the Forest made the original Night King, by stabbing him with the dragonglass. So when Daenerys finds out about Jon blabbing to Sansa, and she will, she'll kill him. So I'm just playing a hunch that maybe the combination of Fire (Targaryen) and Ice (Stark) makes him special or some ####.
It looked there was some pretty elaborate children of the forest ceremony involved. They were all standing in that swirl pattern....which they never explained the significance of. Although, I am still holding out hope, that Bran will eventually do something, and that may involved visions of the past actually putting everything into context.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:31 PM   #4825
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Can you believe Dany was able to #### up this advantage?

Like ####ing Euron is a god...
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #4826
JeanLucPicard
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Episode 4 was the best of this season. Especially the second half. very tense. feeling of panic.
JeanLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:38 PM   #4827
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Actually, if Jon represents both of these, A Song of Ice and Fire is his story. Which means he'll be on the throne. It's so simple now.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:39 PM   #4828
JeanLucPicard
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

My random theory is that Euron and Jamie will die trying to kill each other. Arya will take Jamie's face and kill Cersei.
JeanLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:44 PM   #4829
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

That'll be an awkward conversation with Jamie and Euron both wondering who the dad is with Cersie standing there, "uhm...ah..." and us wondering how she doesn't look pregnant after the months it took Jamie to go to Winterfell and back.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #4830
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Euron figures out Cersei's lies, and then bails and dies in a final showdown with Yara.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:04 PM   #4831
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Could be that Azor Ahai bringing light is actually about bringing peace to the realm, and Jon could play the part of Azor Ahai by driving his sword through his love Dany when she goes mad, making his sword lightbringer as he defeats the darkness of our worse natures.

Probably not, but random things are happening now.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #4832
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
That'll be an awkward conversation with Jamie and Euron both wondering who the dad is with Cersie standing there, "uhm...ah..." and us wondering how she doesn't look pregnant after the months it took Jamie to go to Winterfell and back.
Tyrion could take the mic and play the Jerry Springer role.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:18 PM   #4833
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Actually, if Jon represents both of these, A Song of Ice and Fire is his story. Which means he'll be on the throne. It's so simple now.
This is exactly why the writers will try to put in some kind "twist" to show off how clever they are. We are in the age of this. Some random character will develop super powers, fly through Cersei's castle, and destroy everyone.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:25 PM   #4834
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

So if Arya takes Jamie's face to kill Cersei, can she use both hands?

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:43 PM   #4835
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
What am I missing here? Cersi and Euron and their forces could have easily toasted Dany et al including her last dragon right there on the beach.
It didn’t bother me at the time I watched it. Cersei knows if she makes a move, they’ll kill Qyburn and maybe that’s not a trade she wants to make, even if she is evil and doesn’t care about anyone but herself. And maybe the dragon was far enough back to be out of range. Any number of explanations, even if they’re not rock solid.

But one thing doesn’t make sense with any explanation I can come up with. Cersei hired Bronn to travel across the entire damn continent to murder her brothers. Now one of them is 40 feet in front of her and she doesn’t kill him? Even if she doesn’t want to lose Qyburn, it is clear that Cersei’s hatred for Tyrion is strong and she’ll go to great lengths to have him killed. But you know what? This is Cersei Lannister we’re talking about and a deal is a deal. She’s gonna let Bronn live up to that bargain she made with him. Ok then.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:25 PM   #4836
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_12 View Post
My guess is Jon kills Dany after she torches king landing killing 1000s of innocents
Isn't there a popular prophecy that requires this to happen in order to be true?
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:31 PM   #4837
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
It didn’t bother me at the time I watched it. Cersei knows if she makes a move, they’ll kill Qyburn and maybe that’s not a trade she wants to make, even if she is evil and doesn’t care about anyone but herself. And maybe the dragon was far enough back to be out of range. Any number of explanations, even if they’re not rock solid.

But one thing doesn’t make sense with any explanation I can come up with. Cersei hired Bronn to travel across the entire damn continent to murder her brothers. Now one of them is 40 feet in front of her and she doesn’t kill him? Even if she doesn’t want to lose Qyburn, it is clear that Cersei’s hatred for Tyrion is strong and she’ll go to great lengths to have him killed. But you know what? This is Cersei Lannister we’re talking about and a deal is a deal. She’s gonna let Bronn live up to that bargain she made with him. Ok then.
That meeting was parlay.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:44 PM   #4838
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
That meeting was parlay.
That was quite obvious.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:50 PM   #4839
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

You were wondering why Cersei didn't kill Tyrion right then and there?

Mind you, parlay is more of a guideline than a rule.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:02 PM   #4840
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

She let him go because she knows there's still 2 episodes left.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post: