Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2019, 02:40 AM   #121
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default O offence, where art thou? Flames lose 3-0 to Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
So nothing but hockeydb scouting and emotional outburst in this post? Thank u, next

Also, I kinda wish it was that easy. I would have been long gone. But I think I'm attached to this franchise for life, i'm in too deep at this point. Plus I love most of this roster, and Sean. I just don't think he's really that special at all. Should have been Bennett. He was the chosen one. He was supposed to be a Johnny x Chucky hybrid.

Defeatist loser mentality. But if you wanna celebrate mediocrity, that's not my place to judge.

If you mean what you state in your second paragraph do us all a favour and cheer for another team. I’m really sorry you are “in too deep” as a fan of the team second in the ####ing league. You only post negative ####, at this point I have to think you are trolling with your username.

“Defeatist loser mentality” nah dude, I just understand that it’s incredibly hard to succeed in professional sports and when your team does have a great season you should appreciate it and not endlessly bitch about one specific player, constantly. Have you even enjoyed this season? Serious question, because if you haven’t you should really question why you follow this team to begin with.

Go cheer for Tampa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Beninho; 03-26-2019 at 02:48 AM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2019, 02:52 AM   #122
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
If you mean what you state in your second paragraph do us all a favour and cheer for another team. You only post negative ####, at this point I have to think you are trolling with your username.

“Defeatist loser mentality” nah dude, I just understand that it’s incredibly hard to succeed in professional sports and when your team does have a great season you should appreciate it and not endlessly bitch about one specific player, constantly. Have you even enjoyed this season? Serious question, because if you haven’t you should really question why you follow this team to begin with.

Go cheer for Tampa
I told you already I would if I could. I would be a Leafs fan because of Marner or a Canes fan for Aho.. Or or maybe an Avs fan. They will be so fun to watch next season with MacK + Rantanen + Landeskog + Barrie + Makar + potentially Kaapo Kakko. Insanity. But it isn't that easy. Watching other teams is just boring. I don't know how to build that emotional investment that I have with the Flames. I've been watching them play since I was a child and I use to cry physical tears when we'd lose. Anyways, why are you so concerned lmfao. This has nothing to do with me or my fandom, or how I choose to express it.

This is about Sean Monahan being GARBAGE. Lmfao. He needs to figure it out. I really hope BT can finagle another GM this summer into trading for him thinking he's a #1 center. Will be funny to watch him transform into a Frederik Gauthier clone on another team where he isn't forcefed favorable zone-starts and minutes besides one of the most skilled wingers we will see in this generation.

Last edited by Love; 03-26-2019 at 03:01 AM.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:55 AM   #123
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default O offence, where art thou? Flames lose 3-0 to Kings

Quote:
I told you already I would if I could. I would be a Leafs fan because of Marner or a Canes fan for Aho.. Or or maybe an Avs fan. They will be so fun to watch next season with MacK + Rantannen + Landeskog + Barrie + Makar + potentially Kaapo Kakko. Insanity. But it isn't that easy. Watching other teams is just boring. I don't know how to build that emotional investment that I have with the Flames. I've been watching them play since I was a child and I use to cry physical tears when we'd lose. Anyways, why are you so concerned lmfao. This has nothing to do with me or my fandom, or how I choose to express it.

This is about Sean Monahan being GARBAGE. Lmfao. He needs to figure it out. I really hope BT can finagle another GM this summer into trading for him thinking he's a #1 center. Will be funny to watch him transform into a Frederik Gauthier clone on another team where he isn't forcefed favorable zone-starts and minutes besides one of the most skilled wingers we will see in this generation.

Amazing, you are the worst type of fan. Just know that.

I appreciate that you decided to show your true colours. Only a fair weather fan like yourself would rather watch the Leafs, Avs, and the ####ing Hurricanes over the Flames. I don’t know if you are aware but the flames have a better record than all those teams. I took a screenshot of your post because I found it so funny. Enjoy being miserable

Last edited by Beninho; 03-26-2019 at 03:19 AM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2019, 02:56 AM   #124
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Amazing, you are the worst type of fan. Just know that.

Ouch. I'm hurting
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:41 AM   #125
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrangy View Post
I think it’s time for some more Derek Ryan 1C action

And call Dubé back up

Gaudreau-Ryan-Tkachuk

Mangiapane-Monahan-Lindholm

Dubé-Backlund-Frolik

Bennett-Janko-Hathaway

And get Kylington back in for the love of excitement, Fantenberg is good but boring

Good but boring were the Kings tonight, but that got them a 3-0 win.

You’d rather exciting but dangerous?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:53 AM   #126
DynamRyan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
So nothing but hockeydb scouting and emotional outburst in this post? Thank u, next

Also, I kinda wish it was that easy. I would have been long gone. But I think I'm attached to this franchise for life, i'm in too deep at this point. Plus I love most of this roster, and Sean. I just don't think he's really that special at all. Should have been Bennett. He was the chosen one. He was supposed to be a Johnny x Chucky hybrid.

Defeatist loser mentality. But if you wanna celebrate mediocrity, that's not my place to judge.
Huh? I think Beninho was drawing attention to exactly the opposite...and how we've now actually gotten out of perpetual mediocrity, not celebrating it.

Monahan maybe isn't the driving centre that traditionally centers a top line, but that doesn't mean he isn't an absolutely invaluable part of the roster. Sure, he doesn't use his body effectively sometimes. He still plays at almost a PPG pace. Not sure anyone is making excuses for him. Players sometimes go through slumps. He'll come round. And if he doesn't, well then we're in trouble, right? What exactly can we, as fans, apart from moaning, do about it? Not Much. Enjoy the ride.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:16 AM   #127
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else think Monahan is hurt?
Old 03-26-2019, 06:22 AM   #128
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

I think he’s hurt. And if they aren’t resting him for the playoffs, my belief is that it’s the type of injury that only surgery will fix, and rest won’t do anything.

We have had two major passengers added into our forward ranks in Monahan and Neal, and it’s killing our offense. Gaudreau benefitted a lot from playing with Ryan. We’ve gotta sort this out for the playoffs.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:22 AM   #129
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
If he is, then honestly he shouldn't be playing, because he's not productive out there, and the line is suffering as a result. It performed MUCH better with Ryan centering it.

My main concern going into the playoffs was the goaltending, now my main one is the first line and the absolutely garbage PP. If you can't take advantage of your PP's at a reasonable rate in the playoffs, this team has no chance, and is gonna be yet again another early first round exit.

Figure it out. Switch the lines up or something.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:27 AM   #130
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nope. His slump has gone on since the all star break and now it's to the point he's lost confidence.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2019, 06:35 AM   #131
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

WTF is wrong with some of you? This is the most exciting and dominant team we’ve seen in Calgary in 30 years! People are ####ting all over it, and PPG players, because of one loss, in a game where the Flames out shot and out chanced the opposition by a 2-1 margin? Give your heads a shake. The Flames didn’t play their best, but they dominated and were beat by a hot goaltender. Get over it.

Also, the Sean Monahan talk is garbage. You’re complaining about a 30 goal PPG center. Do you know how long we’ve been waiting for one of these players? The guy is freaking ahead of Iginla in scoring at the same point in their careers. Give the guy the respect he deserves.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2019, 06:44 AM   #132
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I understand everyone has an opinion, but for the love of God can we please stop suggesting that we bench our 30 goal PPG centre?

No team in history sat their #1 C in the midst of a career season and neither will Bill. Sheesh.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2019, 06:45 AM   #133
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anything it sounds like Love wants to be a fan of some magical fairytale team where each player peforms exactly at expectation for their talent level every game and the outcome of each match is as predictable as the sunrise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2019, 06:56 AM   #134
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
If anything it sounds like Love wants to be a fan of some magical fairytale team where each player peforms exactly at expectation for their talent level every game and the outcome of each match is as predictable as the sunrise.
Or the hope for the magical goalie who never had a bad game. How many times have I seen “if we only had an average goalie this game we’d have won easily” by mainly looking at save percentage. Do you know how valuable a goalie would be who never had an off game? Put him on a team like Tampa or San Jose and they’d be 70+ win teams. Just having a guy who never has under .910 save percentage would mean you’d almost never lose in regulation unless you got shut out. Heck even a goalie who never had a game below .900 would also be crazy good to have.
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:56 AM   #135
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yep, my guess he is hurt. However its not something rest will cure.

Probably an off season surgery.
flambers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:00 AM   #136
wired
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Its kind of funny reading the posts of some forum members.
Having an online pissing match over who's the better fan.
Get over yourself kids, if you have had too much to drink, wait until the morning to vent.
wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:02 AM   #137
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Nope. His slump has gone on since the all star break and now it's to the point he's lost confidence.

Exactly. This happens to the best of em.

I mean look at Toby Reider.

CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:16 AM   #138
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vintage game from the Kings. They were able to clog up pretty much every passing and shooting lane all night, especially in the 3rd. Terrible game by Monahan. Just terrible. Couldn't hold on to the puck to save his life and pretty much every play died on his stick.

I hate to rag on the guy, but his stats can be so misleading sometimes. I know he's PPG, has a career high in points, has hit 30+ goals once again. Yet I feel disappointed in his 31 goals. He was on pace for 50 goals...then 40...and now has simply matched his career high. Only 4 goals in his last 24 games. Ouch.

I know he's a bit of a golden child around here, and god forbid anyone criticizes a guy who puts up good stats like him. But he leaves me wanting so much more, especially when he looked like a lock to hit at least 40 goals.

For a team in last place, the Kings sure played hard and desperate all night. Kudos to them.

Flames PP sucked hard. Needed a big goal and they failed miserably.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 03-26-2019 at 07:20 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:26 AM   #139
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

If our power play hadn't been complete crap in the first, that game likely turns out differently. As it is, all you can do is tip your cap to Campbell.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:29 AM   #140
Yobbo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We all know that Monahan hasn't been at his best for a while now, but I think a more worrying topic is the power-play. It's hasn't looked dangerous in quite a while now, and if we want to make a long run, that needs to start clicking.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote