Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2022, 03:04 PM   #4501
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Idk about Fuzz and Sliver but you sure made a lot of hay over Ozy and Muta's positions in the Election thread a few years back

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=173517

I'd say their assessments were pretty much bang on ultimately.
Dion....lol
Old 11-30-2022, 03:09 PM   #4502
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Idk about Fuzz and Sliver but you sure made a lot of hay over Ozy and Muta's positions in the Election thread a few years back

You're going to get me more hate mail than I normally do
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 03:12 PM   #4503
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

IMO if the Lieutenant Governor says no, then literally nothing can happen under the act as written. Not sure why any Lieutenant Governor would agree to take part in this.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 03:34 PM   #4504
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I have never voted for the Provincial conservatives, and likely never will.
That said, the I told you so argument is lame and unconstructive.
I'd say it's lamer to take no responsibility for voting in this mess in spite of warning signs beating you over the head. If you have to hear 'I told you so' once out of the thousands of posts in this thread, tough ####. It's taken a lot of restraint to pretend all of this isn't the fault of Conservative voters for the past few years.

And really, it didn't start as an 'I told you so.' It started as a statement of annoyance at how the voters who ushered in this era of ####### conservatism are not apologizing to the rest of us for the negative impact their actions continue to have on us.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 03:36 PM   #4505
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
IMO if the Lieutenant Governor says no, then literally nothing can happen under the act as written. Not sure why any Lieutenant Governor would agree to take part in this.
The Lieutenant Governor refusing to give assent to an otherwise legally passed bill would in and of itself be a constitutional crisis. Even if the bill is dumb.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 03:58 PM   #4506
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1597989624449994753

This is pretty personal to me, and I find it ####ing disgusting that a politician would even think of wading into this. The medical system backed by absolute experts(and we have some of the most amazing around) have very good reasons for this, and it has been weighed in the courts twice, who have backed them up. Smith needs to #### right off on this one. Her bat#### crazy ideology does not over rule the rights of other transplant patients, their safety, and the integrity of the system. Let alone the decisions of medical experts and the courts.

And that's before we even get into the absolute idiocy of refusing to get a vaccine(after getting many others) so you can have your life saved. Probably the saddest part of it is Smith herself, with her covid and vaccine denialism that led this soul to prefer choose over something so safe. Misinformation is literally going to lead to this person's death, while the peddlers of that, Rebel and Western Standard, profit off of it throguh endless dog whistle stories and "fundraisers".

It's all so gross.

Also, #### that "reporter" for calling it "medical coercion". I can't believe the state of what we allow to call themselves media in this country.

Last edited by Fuzz; 11-30-2022 at 04:06 PM.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 04:03 PM   #4507
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

All the rural doctors should get together and state that if the UCP win the next election they will all leave the province.
Old 11-30-2022, 04:06 PM   #4508
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
You're going to get me more hate mail than I normally do
Excuse me! The hate mail is reserved for me, thanks

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...postcount=3673
Old 11-30-2022, 04:24 PM   #4509
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hold up. She might have a leg to stand on.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1598063605550927873
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:31 PM   #4510
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post

Yoho, is Carson Jerema a constitutional lawyer?
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:35 PM   #4511
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Yoho, is Carson Jerema a constitutional lawyer?
Probably no more so than Jason Markusoff.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:36 PM   #4512
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post

It still gives emergency act like powers to the cabinet with 2-4 year expiry. That is clearly government overreach. Legislation can be constitutional but still terrible.

It also creates ambiguity as a cabinet member could issue a directive that is not constitutional and the only thing the act does to prevent that is to say not to do it. So now you are asking individual bureaucrats to assess the constitutionality of an edict from the federal and provincial government in real time.

Bad legislation is bad legislation. If she wants to stop enforcing say carbon tax regulations then she should just do so explicitly through the legislature on a case by case basis in full view of the public.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 04:52 PM   #4513
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
“Nothing in this Act is to be construed as authorizing any order that would be contrary to the Constitution of Canada.” The act does not permit “any directive to a person, other than a provincial entity, that would compel the person to act contrary to or otherwise in violation of any federal law.”
Cool, so I'm going to publish an Allowing Murder within a Murder-Free Canada Manifesto and nothing bad will come of it so long as I add introductory text that says "this manifesto should not be construed as encouraging the murder of humans or any kind of homicidal activities" -- that'll work, right?
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:56 PM   #4514
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Absolutely wild reading back on those posts man.
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izzle For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 05:22 PM   #4515
dsavillian
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzle View Post
Absolutely wild reading back on those posts man.
I'm rather impressed by the robust debate regarding the evil, vile concept of ... *checks notes*

subsidized daycare
Old 11-30-2022, 05:32 PM   #4516
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Excuse me! The hate mail is reserved for me, thanks

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...postcount=3673
The vitriol I recieved back then was nothing short of extraordinary. Basically the bulk of my Ignore list came from that thread. I had people following me into other threads too. Even had to provide one poster how to recognize cyberbullying after he wished death upon me. That's not healthy for anyone on CP or in general.

I don't know what it is with CP'ers that have NameNumbers as their name format but they certainly get angry. Among others, of course.

But I've been here on CP for 20 years, and nothing will change my perspectives and posting style. I plan to be here for a very long time
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 06:00 PM   #4517
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
The vitriol I recieved back then was nothing short of extraordinary. Basically the bulk of my Ignore list came from that thread. I had people following me into other threads too. Even had to provide one poster how to recognize cyberbullying after he wished death upon me. That's not healthy for anyone on CP or in general.

I don't know what it is with CP'ers that have NameNumbers as their name format but they certainly get angry. Among others, of course.

But I've been here on CP for 20 years, and nothing will change my perspectives and posting style. I plan to be here for a very long time
Honestly, good for you, mate for continuing to be here. You were on the receiving end of some pretty shameful stuff. Especially from posters who have now seemed to forget that the Alberta politics thread exists.
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izzle For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 06:19 PM   #4518
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

But do you have someone trying to hack your CP account a few times a week? Step it up!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 06:30 PM   #4519
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
The Lieutenant Governor refusing to give assent to an otherwise legally passed bill would in and of itself be a constitutional crisis. Even if the bill is dumb.
Yeah, I realize it will be a constitutional crisis, but I can't see how it's avoided. The bill makes the LG responsible for ordering defiance of federal law if it happens. No LG will do that. The GG appoints the LGs through a non partisan panel, but none will ever comply imo.

And to yoho, this is why it doesn't matter if it might be constitutional. Imo the only reason it works is because the LG theoretically makes the orders (but this is so far past normal in our system.)
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 06:31 PM   #4520
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:

There is something about anonymity and politics that turns somewhat normal people on CP into grade "A" #######s. Nobody should ever have to endure the vitriol that was sent your way. Disagree if you must but leave the personal crap out of it.

Never change and keep your posting style.