Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2019, 06:50 PM   #241
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
^Interesting. More than I would have thought
Yeah, surprised me too. I agree with WhiteTiger and it is highly unlikely for a 3-way tie.

Looking a little further, out of the 23 3 finalist seasons the third place castaway has received 0 votes 18 times and only 4 times has the vote been unanimous.

In the 15 2 finalist seasons, only once has there been a unanimous decision. J.T. over Fishbach.

Going to 3 was supposed to hopefully ensure that 2 of 3 non goats make the finale. It’s clear from the numbers that there is always one goat but it would be interesting to see if the vote gap narrowed between the winner and the first runner up as well as look at the effect the final 4 fire making challenge has had.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #242
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dug a little deeper...

For Final 2 Seasons, the mean percentage of vote received by the winner was 73%.

I noticed a trend of closer votes in the earliest seasons vs those towards the end of when the did final 2.

I figured All Stars is about halfway through the final 2 seasons and the point in which strategy really started to develop.

Borneo to All Stars, the mean percentage of votes received by the winner: 66%
Post All Stars to when they switched to final 3, the mean percentage of votes received: 81%

This is why I assume they switched it up.

For final 3 seasons, the mean percentage of votes received by the winner: 74%.

For final 3 seasons that have a final 4 fire making challenge, the mean percentage of votes recieved: 64%
Old 12-14-2019, 11:28 PM   #243
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

JUST A TERRIBLE SEASON

I only care if Janet wins.

What a waste of time(the whole Dan thing pissed me off something fierce).
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 08:44 AM   #244
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, the 40th best season comes to end tonight with the season 39 finale. Should be interesting. Dan will not be at the finale.

Heard on RHAP that Dan was originally cast for David vs. Goliath but replaced last minute with Mike White. I wonder what that season would have looked like? Angelina probably would have pummelled him.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:07 AM   #245
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, this season hasn't worked, and not because of the whole Island of the Idols thing. It didn't work because the characters were either unlikable, plastic, or just plain not good players.

They really missed on the recruiting this year I think.

It makes me miss the days of Rob, and Johnny Fairplay and the big lie, and the Black Widows. Richard Hatch in the first season was amazing to watch.

They didn't have that, the resume's going forward aren't all that impressive.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2019, 09:32 AM   #246
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is the first year that while I will watch the finale, I'm not terribly interested in it, and I'm only doing it to 'finish off' the Season. I don't care who wins or doesn't. There pretty much hasn't been anything of interest or anything that really worked in this season. Even the Idols gimmick was underused, though I'll grant it had a LOT more potential than I originally thought it did, and I wanted to see more of it.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #247
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's funny, I thought the Island of the Idols was going to be the worst part of the season, and it turns out it was the most underutilized bit. I wish there was more of that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:16 AM   #248
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
It's funny, I thought the Island of the Idols was going to be the worst part of the season, and it turns out it was the most underutilized bit. I wish there was more of that.

Honestly, I think there was some real potential in the Island of the Idols, I wanted an element where they could play the players, and if they got a player to make a big risky move that backfired, Rob or Sandra could enter the game at that point. Or if they put a challenge out to a player to remove a player the twist would be a Rob or Sandra taking that persons place.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:23 AM   #249
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eh, I didn't want Rob and Sandra IN the game, but I liked the little games they played. It would have been better maybe at a larger scale, and a bit more of them.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:55 PM   #250
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did everybody quit watching?

I feel like I'm the only one whose wife had him watch the finale.

I don't want to give any spoilers, but stick around at the end and you can watch Jeff try and avoid a lawsuit with Kellee.

Survivor handled the whole "touching" of Kellee terribly. They didn't act until he touched a producer? If I were her, I'd sue.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:33 PM   #251
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I doubt there will be a lawsuit, mainly because they probably already wrote her a check.

But what a weird and not great season, and I was left with a maybe the right guy won feeling as I walked away.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2019, 09:40 PM   #252
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I thought both of my picks might be voted out in the first few episodes so to see one finish 2nd was kinda neat. Overall a pretty underwhelming season. Glad to see the next season with returnees.......usually I'm not a fan when there's a few mixed in with new players because they're targeted, but a season of all past winners I think will be a nice change from the sub par season we just witnessed.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:41 PM   #253
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Winners at war could be really good except they're bringing back edge of extinction, I'm interested in how the Fire Credits are earned. I would be putting bounties on people.

They really should have bought back Oppengrupenfuhrer Jerri Manthey (Her nickname on Survivorssucks.com

Old 12-18-2019, 09:46 PM   #254
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I doubt there will be a lawsuit, mainly because they probably already wrote her a check.

But what a weird and not great season, and I was left with a maybe the right guy won feeling as I walked away.
Yah it wasn’t live because they didn’t want her to speak her mind or be too trembly that a live show would give.

Bad season is bad.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 10:45 PM   #255
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was actually a little surprised Dean didn't win. He played a pretty strong game. I don't know why he didn't talk about the game changing move when he saved Tommy, or the only reason he didn't need to play the impunity idol was because he won the challenge and totally controlled the game at that point.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2019, 11:59 PM   #256
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, that was a boring Finale and a tedious 'reunion' show. Pretty much a 'perfect' cap to this season.

At least Winners At War looks interesting, though the EoE angle of it doesn't.

Overall, this was a pretty epic fail of a season.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:07 AM   #257
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I was actually a little surprised Dean didn't win. He played a pretty strong game. I don't know why he didn't talk about the game changing move when he saved Tommy, or the only reason he didn't need to play the impunity idol was because he won the challenge and totally controlled the game at that point.

I thought Dean was going to win, but it always seems that the nicer guy or gal with the social game will win over the Outwit outlast candidate.

I was impressed by Dean fighting for his life in front of the Jury.

Everyone focuses so much on the I'm not voting for the guy that blends in and follows the numbers until the end, that it seems like the Jury never understands that its a good strategy if you get your threat out in the end which is what Dean did.

They were right about one thing with the winner though, he had enough mojo to get everyone to trust him.

Old 12-19-2019, 06:01 AM   #258
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

GoinAllTheWay and Komskies wins the CP virtual million bucks each! Congrats guys!
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2019, 07:16 AM   #259
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

One of the crappier seasons of survivor in a while. I’m a little peeved how easy Missy and the other one got off for their exploitation of another cast members obviously traumatizing sexual assault experience. “We can’t judge people for their actions when they’re in the game” is a brutal cop out because you definitely, rightfully, judged dan for his.

And missy getting praised for calling probst out while doing all of the above just shows how scared this world has become to stand up for themselves. We praise Michelle on one end and probst completely backtracks on his “I didn’t make a big deal out of it because that would insinuate that it shouldn’t happen” comment.

Brutal. Lost a lot of respect for this show. But happy Michelle got her moment to get that out. I can only imagine how ####ing hard it was to sit there on the jury after that experience especially while that slime ball was still in the game.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:17 AM   #260
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

double post

Last edited by GreenLantern; 12-19-2019 at 07:26 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote