Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2017, 11:51 PM   #41
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just don't find Mary that interesting. I found myself fading out during her scenes and story. The "tweeting" thing - what was that about??

I enjoyed those one-off almost "X-Files" / "House" style of episodes from previous seasons.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2017, 09:32 PM   #42
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finally caught the first episode. I thought the mini mystery about the missing son was far more interesting than the main mystery it lead to. Also, I am starting to worry the plot twist at the end of the episode means they are running out of ideas but will reserve judgment until the end of the season. Anyways, I still enjoyed the episode but would put it in the lower half of the series.

Episode 2 is called "The Lying Detective". The title alone makes me think it will be superior to Episode 1.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:12 PM   #43
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Mrs. Hudson FTW!
Old 01-12-2017, 10:16 PM   #44
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Episode 2 was good.

Very much looking forward to enjoying the finale at the movie theatre.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:59 PM   #45
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ep 2 was very good but I could have done without how over-the-top the killer was.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #46
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched the last episode... My opinion may change if I watched it again, but my initial impression was that the end of the episode was completely illogical and unsupportable by anything else in the episode.

I don't see any way that the sister could have gotten out for episode 2, nor could she have pulled off the details of the traps she led them through in episode 3 had she been comatose on the floor in her room.

Disappointing end.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:01 PM   #47
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think she was able to pull off the traps by manipulating the people around here. That was well enough explained.

I agree about not being able to get out. That seems a bit far-fetched, and I don't think them just asking the question and not getting a response was really addressing it all.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:04 PM   #48
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate to say it, but these episodes kind of make me think that Sherlock may have jumped the shark.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2017, 03:39 AM   #49
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I hate to say it, but these episodes kind of make me think that Sherlock may have jumped the shark.
"Jumped the shark" isn't the right expression. "Exploded the apartment" is more suitable.

I still enjoyed the season and look forward to one more however it does seem like they are running low on ideas. I also bet they are regretting killing off Moriarty as none of the other villains were half as good and they had to come up with an obscure way to bring him back

Also,
Spoiler!
Old 01-17-2017, 05:10 AM   #50
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

That last episode was preposterous even for Sherlock's standards.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #51
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
"Jumped the shark" isn't the right expression. "Exploded the apartment" is more suitable.

I still enjoyed the season and look forward to one more however it does seem like they are running low on ideas. I also bet they are regretting killing off Moriarty as none of the other villains were half as good and they had to come up with an obscure way to bring him back

Also,
Spoiler!
If the chain was long enough.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:02 PM   #52
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I enjoyed the last episode. For me, plausibility is a minor concern. There's little plausibility for James Bond movies and that doesn't bother me
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:36 PM   #53
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

That last episode redeemed this season for me.

I loved it!
Kavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:30 PM   #54
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought it was a good enough season. They weren't going to beat season 2, but that's okay. I enjoyed it and will watch the next season.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:20 AM   #55
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post

I personally enjoyed Charles Augustus Magnussen and Culverton Smith just fine. You can't beat Moriarty but those episodes with smaller villains were equally as enjoyable as the JM episodes in their own ways IMO.

Anyways

Maybe they can take it down a notch if there's another season and make the first two episodes about some smaller yet challenging cases? Another Case in Pink or Hound of Baskerville would be welcomed. That episode was a bit James Bond-y for Sherlock. I think they should stick to deductions and chases and leave the secret government run super human prison stuff for other, dumber shows.

I will say the tension between characters in the finale was great - like the elimination part between Mycroft and John (though if she was so smart, how could she not foresee that move by Sherlock?). Mikey's heartless side really came out. He's usually so easy going and you sense some compassion in him, but turns out it's only for his brother. Was interesting seeing a different side to him. The plot was awful though and too convoluted. Usually Sherlock is quite thorough at explaining things without gaps so that the plot progressions seem believable and we're not left scratching our chins. Not the case in this episode.

Poor Molly.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote