Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-23-2020, 07:54 PM   #2861
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

I donít get the sense blankall fully reads your posts PepsiFree. Seems like just grabbing at a few lines to push back on with zero recognition of what you actually wrote and said. If we donít get a live feed of a PepsiFree-blankall cage death match, might as well leave him alone in his corner.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2020, 09:22 PM   #2862
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
They are in line with their neighbors. Since September 1st the rolling 7-day average of new cases has gone up by the following amounts in Scandinavian countries:

Norway: 261%
Denmark: 612%
Sweden: 625%
Finland: 813%
And of those only Denmark has had an uptick in deaths.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:11 PM   #2863
powderjunkie
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The real test for the economy is coming. And Canada has been printing money to try and get through this.

However, Sweden's economy actually grew in Q1 and only shrank 8.3% in Q2. So a net -7.7% growth for Sweden:

https://countryeconomy.com/gdp/sweden

Canada's economy fell by 2.1% in Q1 and 11.5% in Q2, for a total of -13% growth....that's a massive difference in economic terms.

https://countryeconomy.com/gdp/canada

On top of that, it's not just about the economy, it's about people's lives. In Sweden people were living their lives. Children were in school and at parties. Young people were in nightclubs. Adults were visiting family.
Another way of looking at it is that Sweden went against their trendline by 8.5%, whereas Canada deviated by ~9.4%...

Every quarter in 2019 for Sweden was 0.1-0.3% - so Q1 2020 was consistent.

Canada 2019: Q1= 0.3%, Q2=0.8%, Q3=0.3%, Q4=0.1%

Canada fell off a bigger cliff in Q1 2020. How much of that should we attribute to the last 2-3 weeks of March?
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:13 AM   #2864
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1319778759109640195
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:29 AM   #2865
Eric Vail
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Reminds me of Vancouver

NSFW!
Eric Vail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:19 PM   #2866
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shockingly stupider than a riot about losing a hockey game, it is a riot about trying to prevent the spread of a deadly virus.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:36 PM   #2867
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Naples is the Alabama of Italy, not surprising. But still sad.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 05:07 PM   #2868
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 05:42 PM   #2869
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeburger View Post
A few years back I caught a cold, but instead of resting I pushed myself and went on a strenuous hike in the mountains. A couple days later I went to the hospital with mild chest pains, turns out my cold led to viral myocarditis. At the time I remember being completely shocked that a common cold could cause longer term complications such as that, but I learned that it happens sometimes. Was provided a clean bill of health some months later, thankfully. Learned to take it easy and that I wasn't the invincible young man I thought I was.
That's how my friend's dad died. He was the fittest person I knew. Avid lifelong cyclist (bike commuted to work from the suburbs for over 30 years), hiker, and cross-country skier. Never drank or smoked. Had never been seriously ill. Someone I would have laid money on making it to 90. Contracted viral myocarditis when he was 61 and was dead three weeks later.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:26 PM   #2870
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well crap, 5 days and 2 soccer practices in to my sons winter season we just got a call that one player and his family from the 9 kid squad have tested positive.

We called health link to just ask what the best course of action is and were told that my son should quarantine for 2 weeks regardless of if he gets a test or not (heís going tomorrow am for one) and myself who helped coach 1 of the practices should just monitor of symptoms and can get a test (also tomorrow) if I choose. The Health link nurse said aside from that I can carry about my regular day to day business as can my wife and daughter who were at the practices but not in close contact.

Sounds odd to me that although I was helping coach I was told just monitor for symptoms and go about my daily business. Or am I just overthinking it ?
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:20 AM   #2871
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

My understanding is the following.
If you were within 2m of the infected kid for a prolonged period of time without proper PPE then you are a close contact,

If you are a close contact you isolate for 10-14 days not sure which. I think one of the things they have learned is while Covid is very contaigious it’s also hard to get. If you aren’t a close contact you just monitor for symptoms. What club if you don’t mind sharing?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:49 AM   #2872
Amethyst
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post

If you are a close contact you isolate for 10-14 days not sure which. I think one of the things they have learned is while Covid is very contaigious itís also hard to get. If you arenít a close contact you just monitor for symptoms. What club if you donít mind sharing?
10 days for symptoms; 14 days for close contact. The extra time for close contact is in case symptoms just haven't developed yet.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2020, 04:01 PM   #2873
agulati
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ontario crosses 1000 cases in a day for the first time
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 04:26 PM   #2874
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
Ontario crosses 1000 cases in a day for the first time
PremiŤre fois, Ontario?
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:38 PM   #2875
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Flames Fan View Post
If anyone has Prime I watched "Totally Under Control" last night and it's a sobering look at the failures of the US in handling the Pandemic.

It reminded me that in the beginning Alberta was taking the South Korea route - TEST, TRACE, CONTAIN. Well here we are with our highest daily count ever yesterday, an App that does absolutely nothing for tracing, people who are ignoring contact tracers, and a social media disinformation campaign about masks and the virus.

Personal Responsibility works if people are personally responsible, the sad reality is that many aren't.
How was the show? Thinking I'll add it to my list to watch. And agree with your point - the steps done in Asia have worked great but many knew that it would never work in the West because we don't have a significant enough portion of the general population who are willing to sacrifice a level of their personal privacy for the sake of stopping the spread of the virus (contact tracing and potential monitoring of movement) or a level of their personal freedom for the greater good (wearing masks while outside of your home to keep others around you safe).
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:58 PM   #2876
Knut

Exp:

https://time.com/5899432/sweden-coronovirus-disaster/

Maybe Sweden’s plan wasn’t the greatest after all.

Quote:
Sweden’s plan wasn’t so great after all.

————

“In one case which seems representative of how seniors were treated, patient Reza Sedghi was not seen by a doctor the day he died from COVID-19 at a care home in Stockholm. A nurse told Sedghi’s daughter Lili Perspolisi that her father was given a shot of morphine before he passed away, that no oxygen was administered and staff did not call an ambulance. “No one was there and he died alone,” Perspolisi says.”
Knut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:19 AM   #2877
Snuffleupagus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post

Maybe Swedenís plan wasnít the greatest after all.
Never was, their death rate and case rate is over twice that of Canada and it didn't save the economy.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:32 AM   #2878
Nancy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Never was, their death rate and case rate is over twice that of Canada and it didn't save the economy.
Their deficit for 2020 is running at CAD $20 billion (SEK 140.4 billion) and ours is $165 billion, so I wouldn't really say that our economy was saved either.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...mber-2020.html
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:05 AM   #2879
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Their deficit for 2020 is running at CAD $20 billion (SEK 140.4 billion) and ours is $165 billion, so I wouldn't really say that our economy was saved either.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...mber-2020.html
Literally nobody has suggested that.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 10:44 AM   #2880
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Literally nobody has suggested that.
Literally no one has saved their economy at all.