Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 10:27 AM   #21
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm a little creeped out that someone went looking for super old and rare pictures of Giordano
Old 03-10-2016, 11:37 AM   #22
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Then the thread could have been started differently, instead of "is this a photoshop OMG I'm confused??!!!"

Could have been a good discussion if the OP did the Google search and then started the thread about how the Coyotes let Gio walk and how much they probably regret it. That would make for some good discussion.
People are just responding like jerks because of who started the thread, which is fair enough I guess, but it's still a good question/discussion to have.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2016, 04:29 PM   #23
smiggy77
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Lol common guys. I know everyone's a bit annoyed with OP from the other threads but let's not be bullies.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:17 AM   #24
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Then the thread could have been started differently, instead of "is this a photoshop OMG I'm confused??!!!"

Could have been a good discussion if the OP did the Google search and then started the thread about how the Coyotes let Gio walk and how much they probably regret it. That would make for some good discussion.
You're pretty much the worst poster on here these days.

Why didn't you initiate a conversation about how the Coyotes let Gio walk? That would make for some good discussion, instead of pissing and moaning about someone asking a question. Maybe he didn't want to create a long discussion about a team Gio tried out for over a decade ago, every thread doesn't need to have "good discussion".

I'm happy he asked the question because I never would have known Gio had been associated with another NHL team, unless Scorpion still wanted to have a discussion about it afterwards. As far as I'm concerned it already is and already was a good discussion before you chimed in.

He didn't Google it, deal with it. This thread existing has literally no effect on you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doctajones428 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2016, 10:41 AM   #25
druetetective
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Why does everyone give Scorpion such a hard time?

So he went a little over the top on his David Jones fandom.

Big deal!

I like Colborne and Backlund way more then the average fan. I can think of dozens of posters who are more intolerable.

Like guys that are super pessimistic or won't lay off their hate for 1 player. My least favourite is the condescending know it alls who refuse to use IMO or I think because their opinion is better than yours. How dare you disagree with them as their hockey knowledge is vastly superior!

Lets lay off the guy. We are all Flame fans and part of the same community. Live long and prosper!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to druetetective For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2016, 10:50 AM   #26
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

I was gonna say that doesn't even look like it's him. He changed quite a bit.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:54 AM   #27
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I'm a little creeped out that someone went looking for super old and rare pictures of Giordano
Nah, I came across it in a basic image search for 'Mark Giordano'. In truth, I was looking for a photo for the desktop background for my laptop.

Old 03-11-2016, 01:39 PM   #28
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Nah, I came across it in a basic image search for 'Mark Giordano'. In truth, I was looking for a photo for the desktop background for my laptop.
That's way less creepy.

Just kidding...

I'll always be hard on people who choose to be ignorant, but never on people who ask questions in the hopes of learning. That's what this thread was.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #29
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by druetetective View Post
Why does everyone give Scorpion such a hard time?

So he went a little over the top on his David Jones fandom.

Big deal!

I like Colborne and Backlund way more then the average fan. I can think of dozens of posters who are more intolerable.

Like guys that are super pessimistic or won't lay off their hate for 1 player. My least favourite is the condescending know it alls who refuse to use IMO or I think because their opinion is better than yours. How dare you disagree with them as their hockey knowledge is vastly superior!

Lets lay off the guy. We are all Flame fans and part of the same community. Live long and prosper!
I don't mind Scorpion at all. Yeah, his favourite player isn't a star and hasn't had a remarkable career, but that doesn't matter.

One of my absolute favourite players during his time here was Tom Kostopolous. He was an absolute workhorse. Another player that still stands out to me when I was first really getting into hockey and became a Flames fan (Slightly embarrassing fact, I didn't start watching hockey until I was 16, and then exclusively the Flames at 18) was Nigel Dawes. I remember him playing really good for his one season with us, 25 year old with 14 goals and 32 points in 66 games on the 3rd line while making league minimum? Yeah, I still don't understand why we let him go.

And even if Scorpion's love for David Jones is a sham and just his schtick to annoy people, then have at it. Sure a lot better than many posters schtick of near constantly making outright abrasive, rude and confrontational bait posts
Old 03-11-2016, 06:54 PM   #30
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctajones428 View Post
I don't mind Scorpion at all. Yeah, his favourite player isn't a star and hasn't had a remarkable career, but that doesn't matter.

One of my absolute favourite players during his time here was Tom Kostopolous. He was an absolute workhorse. Another player that still stands out to me when I was first really getting into hockey and became a Flames fan (Slightly embarrassing fact, I didn't start watching hockey until I was 16, and then exclusively the Flames at 18) was Nigel Dawes. I remember him playing really good for his one season with us, 25 year old with 14 goals and 32 points in 66 games on the 3rd line while making league minimum? Yeah, I still don't understand why we let him go.

And even if Scorpion's love for David Jones is a sham and just his schtick to annoy people, then have at it. Sure a lot better than many posters schtick of near constantly making outright abrasive, rude and confrontational bait posts
Agree with your post but wanted to chime in about Dawes. The reason they bought him out was because he was small, not fast, and totally one dimensional. He had decent hands and a good shot but that was literally it. You can't posess that mix of characteristics and only be talented enough to play on the third line. Classic tweener player, not unlike Dustin Boyd.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:26 AM   #31
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire of the Phoenix View Post
Agree with your post but wanted to chime in about Dawes. The reason they bought him out was because he was small, not fast, and totally one dimensional. He had decent hands and a good shot but that was literally it. You can't posess that mix of characteristics and only be talented enough to play on the third line. Classic tweener player, not unlike Dustin Boyd.
Yeah I suppose so, I don't really remember much about his overall play. His goal and point totals were pretty much the only thing that stuck out to me back when a third line 15 goal scorer wasn't as common as today. And it's not like I thought he was overly great, just a little better than the endless list of Boyds and Lundmarks we've gone through
Old 03-15-2016, 10:02 AM   #32
domingo
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
He looks like a celebrity that I can't quite put my finger on at the moment.
Mr. Bean?
Old 03-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #33
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

It makes me think of what undrafted players the Flames invited for tryouts but let go, only to see them go elsewhere and have success.

I know the Flames invited Wideman to camp and St. Louis signed him away from our camp. But that was different than the Giordano/Phoenix situation since we didn't let Wideman go, but rather he took a contract from another team.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:28 PM   #34
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just unearthed this photo:

That’s Gio. Looks like it was taken c. 2004, and he’s clearly wearing a Phoenix jersey.

Whaaat? Was Gio once part of the Yotes’ system? It’s not a Photoshop, at least as far as I can tell.

I know he never played for them, he was undrafted… would it be from an invite to rookie camp, or something like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by domingo View Post
Mr. Bean?

I think I'm thinking a young Jason Aldea (country singer)

Old 03-29-2019, 11:51 AM   #35
brew
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Another thing I didn't know, but thanks google search for finding this buried thread

Desert Bread

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brew For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2019, 11:52 AM   #36
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Yeah I saw that too the other day! Really neat.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:59 AM   #37
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
He looks like a celebrity that I can't quite put my finger on at the moment.
A young Rowan Atkinson!

NSFW!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaudfather For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2019, 03:51 PM   #38
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Is this a question that could have been googled, without a thread?
Old 03-29-2019, 03:53 PM   #39
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctajones428 View Post
Is this a question that could have been googled, without a thread?
beats me, ask 15-year-old TheScorpion

The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2019, 03:59 PM   #40
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
beats me, ask 15-year-old TheScorpion
Psh, that punk? I'd rather go on some other random board and complain about him...
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMike For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread