Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2019, 05:51 PM   #101
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
You could have fooled me after inferring that 3/4 lines have been unjustly torpedoed by Peters. Its quite a reach to suggest that in calling these lines 'an abomination' you actually just meant you simply didn't like them. You would be the first person to call a poster out for doing exactly what you just did.

These changes make perfect sense given how poorly Monahan has been playing and this is exactly where an elite coach makes his presence felt. There's every reason to believe a prideful Monahan will be kicked right into high gear by this and start playing like a top line player again. Until then, Ryan deserves a chance to run with this based on the last 25 games he's had, even though it will surely be short lived. He's certainly far better than just a 4th line centre on this team.
But don't you agree their an abomination? And that they are meant to send a message by Peters? If so then not sure what we're talking about to be honest.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:51 PM   #102
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
This is what I've grown to love about Peters. He knows when to go for broke or mix the bag with his team.

He doesn't sit around with his hands at his sides like so many of the Gulutzan esque stooges do and hope things turn around. Coaches who are too scared to try something new or are unwilling to trust young players with significant roles get you nowhere in today's league.

My money is on a pretty notable resurgence for this team tonight given the message being sent via lineup changes and opportunity the team has to lock the division down.
Absolutely. Probably the best bench tactician Calgary has ever had.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:56 PM   #103
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
But don't you agree their an abomination? And that they are meant to send a message by Peters? If so then not sure what we're talking about to be honest.
Not an abomination and to be honest it comes across as trying to get specific players going than sending a message. You might be on an island with this "abomination" talk.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:01 PM   #104
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly, I'm fine with the mixed lines. Playoffs are already a lock, not winning the division would take both an epic collapse and an epic SJ win streak.

Whether the point is to send a message, test chemistry, whatever, now is the time to do it.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2019, 06:02 PM   #105
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

I am not confident against the Stars they have had our number. Huge statement game
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:09 PM   #106
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Six points in five games if both teams win. If the Flames finish those games 2-3-0, SJ has to win out to catch them.
Even then, we almost certainly win the tie breaker anyway. Goes to ROW if I'm not mistaken?
We'd have to screw up pretty bad to lose the division at this point.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:39 PM   #107
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don’t want to see Dallas in the first round. Always want the Flames to win, but a Stars win would really push them into the first WC spot.
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:49 PM   #108
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Monahan, Neal and Czarnik are all shooters. Thats interesting to see them on one line.

I wish Peters left the 4th line be, they've been so good lately.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:57 PM   #109
Phaneuf_Phan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Mixing lines is good. No need to show our first round opponent what our real lines look like.
Phaneuf_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote