Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Ivrnet

Notices

Old 07-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #381
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

So I have discovered my issue with VR. Its these fixed focus head units that are affected by my laser eye surgery I had 12 years ago.

My eyes cant focus that close to my face. The reason the samsung unit looked better is it has a manual focus button.

So that sucks. Now I have to find someone to take this thing off my hands!
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:33 PM   #382
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgar View Post

The boundary grid is so holodeck like, and the hand controllers worked great. There was a screen door effect, once they eliminate that, it will even be better.
The screen door effect and video quality on things like Netflix are what's keeping me from jumping in with both feet. I have the Gear VR and it's been pretty much collecting dust since the novelty wore off.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #383
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
The screen door effect and video quality on things like Netflix are what's keeping me from jumping in with both feet. I have the Gear VR and it's been pretty much collecting dust since the novelty wore off.
Watching things like Netflix is the last thing I'd use VR for. TBH, I don't think I've even bothered for that.

Whenever I see VR, I think of either the Vive, Oculus or PSVR. I don't even think or consider things like Gear VR much at all - it's pretty baseline for what you can do with it.

(Reading that sounds a little pretentious but not sure how else to put it.)
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:31 AM   #384
LockedOut
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like Oculus will release a couple of wireless headsets next year. Just rumor for now but pretty likely.

http://wccftech.com/facebook-launch-...ess-oculus-vr/
LockedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #385
TorqueDog
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
So I have discovered my issue with VR. Its these fixed focus head units that are affected by my laser eye surgery I had 12 years ago.

My eyes cant focus that close to my face. The reason the samsung unit looked better is it has a manual focus button.

So that sucks. Now I have to find someone to take this thing off my hands!
Well, sh-t. I had LASIK in 2010, I wonder if I'm going to run into the same issue. I've really only tried HoloLens which was fine, but not a true VR headset. I tried a sh-t one in the West Ed. and I was always one awkward movement away from vomiting.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #386
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software

Exp:

Now this is the kind of thing I'd like to see more of. A virtual tour of Cherobyl: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017...yl-vr-project/

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote