Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-27-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:
Default LF - 2 in 1 Washer Dryer (single unit)

Anyone selling one or know where I can buy one? They are on the sites like Amazon, HD, WM, etc, (canadian versions), but they wont ship here. The local stores can order them in, but they're expensive as hell, compared to the price on amazon.ca or HD.ca.

Something like this.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:54 PM   #2
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Anyone selling one or know where I can buy one? They are on the sites like Amazon, HD, WM, etc, (canadian versions), but they wont ship here. The local stores can order them in, but they're expensive as hell, compared to the price on amazon.ca or HD.ca.

Something like this.
It probably doesn't help you very much but I bought a combo unit for my rental condo from CompactAppliance.com. It is a US website and only ships in the US but the prices are significantly cheaper than Canadian retailers. I had it delivered to the shipping outlet at the border and drove down and picked it up. When I bought it the dollar was right around par and I saved a little more than 50% once everything was taken into consideration.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:03 PM   #3
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

http://www.trailappliances.com/ab/pr...ination-units/

Visit your local Trail Appliances dealer! lol
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:07 PM   #4
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I used one of these when I was in Paris at the apartment I rented. It sucked. It took 9 hours to finish the cycle, and did a terrible job. I had a few pairs of shorts with the Nike swoosh on it, and the dryer peeled the swoosh off. Most of them came out wrinkled. I ended up going to a laundromat and washed and dried them again there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2017, 04:25 PM   #5
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
I used one of these when I was in Paris at the apartment I rented. It sucked. It took 9 hours to finish the cycle, and did a terrible job. I had a few pairs of shorts with the Nike swoosh on it, and the dryer peeled the swoosh off. Most of them came out wrinkled. I ended up going to a laundromat and washed and dried them again there.
The condensing dryer aspect of the machines certainly isn't perfect and from what I understand most people who use these machines hang their clothes to dry. It is better than nothing though and I'd rather have one of these combo units vs running out to the laundromat.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 05:38 PM   #6
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
The condensing dryer aspect of the machines certainly isn't perfect and from what I understand most people who use these machines hang their clothes to dry. It is better than nothing though and I'd rather have one of these combo units vs running out to the laundromat.
Why not opt for something like this? We have something similar in our condo.

longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:52 PM   #7
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a 2-in-1 in my condo. It was here when I bought the place, so I don't know how much it cost. I believe it was purchased at Trail.

As already mentioned, the drying cycles take a very long time and your clothes still come out a little damp, so you can't just pull something out of the dryer and wear it like you can with a traditional dryer. I have a small drying rack I use. I don't have any problems with wrinkles.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:37 PM   #8
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
Why not opt for something like this? We have something similar in our condo.
The condo I bought is in an older building which was originally an apartment building so the units did not have in-suite laundry. When the units were converted to condos some of the units had laundry hookups installed in the storage closet but they didn't put in exhaust for a conventional dryer. It is an old school concrete building and the storage is in an interior location and I assume they didn't want to have to drill through a bunch of concrete walls to run ducts to the exterior.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:10 PM   #9
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
The condo I bought is in an older building which was originally an apartment building so the units did not have in-suite laundry. When the units were converted to condos some of the units had laundry hookups installed in the storage closet but they didn't put in exhaust for a conventional dryer. It is an old school concrete building and the storage is in an interior location and I assume they didn't want to have to drill through a bunch of concrete walls to run ducts to the exterior.
Makes sense.

Sounds like your only option is the single unit combination. I recently lived in Baku for 3 years and my apartment had such a unit. As squiggs96 mentioned they are completely useless when it comes to drying clothes. I always hung mine to dry.

longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:53 AM   #10
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Well, cp. Thanks for that info. Looks like I'll just buy a washing machine and a drying rack. Much cheaper.

And Trail can EAD. Make me give you my name and ph# just to get a price on something? Nope. Guess I'll be shopping elsewhere.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote