undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The dumbening continues...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...240760?cmp=rss

So much dumb.
Seems like the only option is to get rid of all bears......

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2017, 06:07 PM   #1362
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Death penalty very likely here. I'd be inclined to feed her to the pigs as a sentence.

Quote:
In an affidavit that reads like gothic fiction, investigators describe how a teen reunited with her birth mother last year on an isolated farm in Missouri — only to be tortured there, forced to crawl through hog pens and have salt rubbed in her wounds, and then finally murdered last month and burned in a fire pit.

Rebecca Ruud, 39, was arrested Monday by Ozark County sheriff’s deputies and charged, among other crimes, with the first-degree murder of Savannah Leckie, whom she had given up for adoption at birth, 16 years before.

The baby had been taken in by a husband and wife in Minnesota, according to sheriff’s documents, and raised there nearly all her life.

But Savannah’s adoptive parents eventually divorced, and by late 2016 the teen was having trouble getting along with her adoptive mother’s new boyfriend.

In November 2016, Ruud, who had been in casual contact with Leckie for years, “agreed to take Savannah back and she was delivered to Ruud in Ozark County,” wrote a sheriff’s deputy, as he recounted all the things the girl would subsequently endure.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nl_most&wpmm=1
Old 09-13-2017, 05:38 PM   #1363
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO — California prosecutors said Wednesday that a fast-food restaurant cashier gave birth to a baby girl while at work and then tried to kill her by flushing her down a toilet.

The San Mateo County district attorney said Sarah Lockner, 25, has been charged with attempted murder after the newborn survived.
Quote:
Prosecutors say Lockner went to work the night of Sept. 4 at a Redwood City McDonald’s complaining of stomach pains and visited the bathroom numerous times, raising concerns of co-workers.

A co-worker discovered a large amount of blood on the bathroom floor and peered over the stall to check on Lockner.

The co-worker told investigators she saw a baby face down in the toilet bowl and Lockner pushing on her back while flushing the toilet.
http://www.calgarysun.com/2017/09/13...ring-her-shift
Old 10-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #1364
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's a large dose of perspective.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/11/w...?smid=tw-share
Quote:
In Tula Toli, Rajuma fought as hard as she could to hold onto her baby, Muhammad Sadeque, about 18 months old. But one soldier grabbed her hands, another grabbed her body, and another slugged her in the face with a club. A jagged scar now runs along her jaw. The child was lifted away from her, his legs wiggling in the air. “They threw my baby into a fire — they just flung him,” she said.

Rajuma said two soldiers then pulled her into a house, tore off her veil and dress and raped her. She said that her two sisters were raped and killed in the same room, and that in the next room, her mother and 10-year-old brother were shot. At some point, Rajuma thought she had died. She lost consciousness. When she woke, the soldiers were gone, but the house was on fire. She sprinted out naked, past her family’s bodies, past burning homes, and hid in a forest. Night fell, but she did not sleep. In the morning she found an old T-shirt to wear and kept running.

Many people in the refugee camps have been eerily stoic — seemingly traumatized past the ability to feel. In dozens of interviews with survivors who said their loved ones had been killed in front of them, not a single tear was shed. But as she reached the end of her horrible testimony, Rajuma broke down.

“I can’t explain how hard it hurts,” she said, tears rolling off her cheeks, “to no longer hear my son call me ma.”
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #1365
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default The "I Don't Want To Live On This Planet Anymore" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
A few months ago I was out there biking when they had warning signs for bears, clearly stating all dogs MUST be kept on leash. Every goddamn dog owner had their dogs loose, frolicking in the grasses and running into the creek. People are idiots, unable to comprehend a simple warning. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Fido was running loose in this case.

Same thing happens in areas that are clearly marked as “wildlife areas” ;as opposed to parks) with alligators.

Alligators can be anywhere around here, but the places I’m talking about are the really obvious unimproved areas like swamps and rivers- not neatly trimmed landscapes with fake lakes.

Particularly sad when people take Fido paddle boarding in places like the Loxahatchee River— it’s labeled a “wild and scenic river”, with Fido jumping off the board for a swim, and people falling off their paddle boards.

There’s an SUP meetup that actually goes to these places.

I just say , when was the last time you fell out of a canoe or kayak on a body of water with little to practically no current, waves, or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by missdpuck; 10-11-2017 at 05:43 PM.
missdpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:43 AM   #1366
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I almost can't even share this horrific story.

http://ktla.com/2017/10/16/mom-charg...turning-it-on/

According to an arrest warrant obtained by Atlanta station WXIA and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, investigators believe the mother, 24-year-old Lamora Williams, killed the children "by placing them in an oven and turning it on."

As a new dad, I just can't even.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:36 PM   #1367
ASP#26525
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post

According to an arrest warrant obtained by Atlanta station WXIA and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, investigators believe the mother, 24-year-old Lamora Williams, killed the children "by placing them in an oven and turning it on."

Ugh.... That is horrifying to even imagine. She says she, "couldn't do it anymore" but prison is a desirable alternative?

And more golden news from Georgia:
http://ktla.com/2017/10/10/15-day-ol...ring-from-bed/

Quote:
A Georgia father is being questioned by police after his 15-day-old daughter was found dead in the woods in Newton County over the weekend.
ASP#26525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:45 AM   #1368
CrispyGriz
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post

As not a dad i cant even.....I understand the mental illnesses can make people do extreme things, but i still cant wrap my head around something like this...
Old 10-19-2017, 11:04 AM   #1369
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was watching the news a few weeks ago talking about how there are some organizations out there trying to remove the sigma of abandoning a baby at a safe location like a hospital. They have a "safe drop" area, where you can walk up to an exterior wall, open a compartment and leave the baby inside. A light then goes off inside the hospital showing there is a baby there and the staff come and get it.

Hopefully things like this gain more traction. I'll stay out of the debate on if you should abandon your child or not as that is a different discussion. But giving parents a safe option for the child seems pretty important given the alternatives we see right now.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:57 AM   #1370
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Seriously WTF

http://calgarysun.com/news/world/par...e-2d9bfdafa6c2
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:39 AM   #1371
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

As a a still-new dad, I really need to stop looking at this thread
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2017, 04:43 AM   #1372
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kyle MacDonald and his ilk.

Quote:
Kyle MacDonald
@oneredpaperclip
It is my OPINION that no humans actually died in the Vegas event. I’ve yet to see any actual PROOF of deaths. Have you seen any real PROOF?
3:23 PM · Oct 27, 2017
I can’t believe there are conspiracy theorists who believe Boston Marathon bombing and Vegas shooting victims faked their injuries or that “crisis actors” are actually a thing.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:00 AM   #1373
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Kyle MacDonald and his ilk. I can’t believe there are conspiracy theorists who believe Boston Marathon bombing and Vegas shooting victims faked their injuries or that “crisis actors” are actually a thing.
Yep. I mean, hell, remember this?

I honestly think Alex Jones's spreading of this particular piece of nonsense was what kicked the conspiracy nut segment of the right wing into overdrive.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:03 PM   #1374
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's disheartening nonetheless to see people spreading this. Especially a Canadian.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:11 PM   #1375
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

So this popped up in "What's new at Costco this week"

DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:13 AM   #1376
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
So this popped up in "What's new at Costco this week"

Dogs are so damn entitled now. The other day I saw someone in my neighborhood walking a Husky and the dog had boots on. Huskies are made for cold weather and snow and I doubt the dog really needed to be wearing boots.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:58 AM   #1377
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Dogs are so damn entitled now. The other day I saw someone in my neighborhood walking a Husky and the dog had boots on. Huskies are made for cold weather and snow and I doubt the dog really needed to be wearing boots.
If there was snow on the ground it might have been because of the salt some people use to melt sidewalk ice. It's really irritating for all dogs and can damage paws quickly. And they can always get snow balls in between their pads which is annoying. Depends on the snow condition though. I think sled dogs usually wear boots too but that's just because of the extreme wear and tear.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 11:38 AM   #1378
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
If there was snow on the ground it might have been because of the salt some people use to melt sidewalk ice. It's really irritating for all dogs and can damage paws quickly. And they can always get snow balls in between their pads which is annoying. Depends on the snow condition though. I think sled dogs usually wear boots too but that's just because of the extreme wear and tear.
Depends on the Dog, mine is a total wuss.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:29 PM   #1379
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Depends on the Dog, mine is a total wuss.
Yeah my dog gets super pumped for walks but if he gets outside and there's wind and/or rain, he immediately goes into "F this" mode and tries to turn around and go back inside.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #1380
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Here's the link- in case anybody else's wife was looking over their shoulder and said "we need to get one of those."
https://www.costco.ca/Gen7Pets---Mon...100372196.html
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote