killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought my Olympian was a dark horse to win going in. Damnit
Old 10-03-2017, 10:32 PM   #162
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Finally caught the premier... kinda thought it was a weak opening episode.

Honestly, the only characters I liked were Stephen and JT... sorry I meant Ryan & Rob. Along with middle-aged Cochrane (Mike). Survivor has been on a bit of a lull for me haven't had a season I really liked since Second Chances. Don't have high hopes for this one but we'll see.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:39 PM   #163
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Tonight was very anti-climactic.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 11:40 PM   #164
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tribal was pretty funny tonight.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:04 PM   #165
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty safe, straight forward game so far. Anyone else watching Australian Survivor?
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:25 AM   #166
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
Pretty safe, straight forward game so far. Anyone else watching Australian Survivor?
My wife and I are watching. Disappointed that the goats finally got Loki. Probably Jericho's to win now.

Really enjoy the bigger cast (24) and the longer time spent playing (55 days). The Aussies game play is different from the Americans which can be great (unpredictable) sometimes and maddenly frustrating at others.

It's nice having 2 or 3 episodes a week too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:39 AM   #167
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Yeah I quite enjoy the Australian version. My cousin's ex boyfriend was on this season. Mark, the former special ops commander that went against Locky in most challenges.

The New Zealand one however was garbage. It was the reverse setup, multiple episodes per week, and almost all of it boring camp footage.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:36 AM   #168
Guest1

Where can you watch the AUS one?
Old 10-06-2017, 11:41 AM   #169
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
Where can you watch the AUS one?
I don't think there will be any legal options.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #170
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally caught the episode.

Well...it seems that Simone didn't impress any of us as pickers, and she didn't impress any of her teammates. Probably the right decision, really.

Now that she's explained it...that was actually a pretty clever gambit by Chrissy with the "First Tribal Only" idol.

I really liked the second half of the Immunity challenge. That was a pretty neat puzzle, and it seemed like it was harder than it looked like/I thought that it'd be, at the start.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #171
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Neat little challenge but all in all the first couple of episodes have been characterized by safe play. Guess it should be expected but the problem I have so far is no one is growing on me. Usually I have someone I get drawn to and want to win. A whole lot of meh so far.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:07 PM   #172
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Patrick Bolton going home, Pool A loses its first player in Kevanguy.

I dunno what to think about this episode. I thought that the reward/immunity challenge in the first episode was a good idea...but I don't like that the last 2 ep's have had reward/immunity challenges, too. Maybe it's because this crew doesn't really seem interesting enough socially to fill up an episode with just one challenge.

I feel it was pretty dumb of Cole to go telling everyone right away that Joe has the idol. That is something you bomb-drop when you have lost the immunity challenge, and are scrambling before the vote. That was quite the mistake by the Healers in the challenge, too.

I do like the slightly longer Tribal, though. I was also amused with the look on Patrick's face when the third vote was read. Some pretty sour grapes from him, too. It almost seemed like a foregone conclusion to me that he was going home...but there's a lot I'm not seeing, and I'm not on the island, so maybe it wasn't nearly so obvious to him.

Jeff didn't say "merge" next episode, but did say "team swap"...makes me wonder if they are going to stick with three and even them out, or merge up into 2.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:27 AM   #173
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

lolpatrick. No self-awareness at all. I think he would been a difficult ally to control going forward and with a swap coming his strength wasn't needed anymore.

I've enjoyed the episodes so far, they have an old-school feel to them. More about the people and social interactions and less emphasis on big moves. Game changers was lacking that aspect.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #174
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Hahahaha if there was ever a case for the redhaired kid about to go postal, that was it.

What a maroon. Poor guy had no clue what was going on around him, and then took it totally personally when he was voted off. Welcome to Survivor....PUNT
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2017, 11:01 PM   #175
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
My wife and I are watching. Disappointed that the goats finally got Loki. Probably Jericho's to win now.

Really enjoy the bigger cast (24) and the longer time spent playing (55 days). The Aussies game play is different from the Americans which can be great (unpredictable) sometimes and maddenly frustrating at others.

It's nice having 2 or 3 episodes a week too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
lol thanks for the spoilers
Old 10-18-2017, 09:59 PM   #176
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, well...that was quite an episode/tribal.

The tribe swap went about how I expected, though I honestly expected Blue to perform at least a bit better. Kinda surprised that they didn't.

The Secret Advantage was a huge thing, too. Talk about the perfect person to 'block'. And while Joe really does have that 'used car salesman' vibe...he really seems to be able to read the game, too.

One thing I am really liking are the 'this tribal only' Advantages. That's certainly a neat idea, and a rather powerful one, too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 10:45 PM   #177
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great episode.

Really liked how they misdirected with Devon getting the advantage... I thought he would be one blocking the vote, not the other way around. I thought one of the heroes were getting their votes blocked for sure.

Joe makes Alan seem sane. Didn't like the argument he started after the challenge but his instincts were on point during tribal.

Cole is so naive and clueless.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:03 AM   #178
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Great episode.

Really liked how they misdirected with Devon getting the advantage... I thought he would be one blocking the vote, not the other way around. I thought one of the heroes were getting their votes blocked for sure.

Joe makes Alan seem sane. Didn't like the argument he started after the challenge but his instincts were on point during tribal.

The chick that found the advantage said who she would be helping...still needed the idol too

Last edited by dino7c; 10-19-2017 at 12:05 AM.
dino7c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:47 AM   #179
rumy
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Great episode.

Ya, Cole is going to sink his own ship with his inability to keep his mouth shut and keep a secret.
rumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:00 PM   #180
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah, you have to think that Cole is going to get hammered for that....but it is an interesting strategy.