Franchise Player

Exp:
Default GAME 5: Riders at STAMPEDERS

Saskatchewan Roughriders at Calgary Stampeders
McMahon Stadium
Saturday, July 22
Kickoff: 7 p.m.
TV: TSN, ESPN3

Calgary (2-1-1) is playing their 2nd home game this season and they are hosting the Riders (1-2). Stampeders will be looking to avenge a terrible Week 4 loss to the Alouettes. Montreal just outplayed them in the 4th quarter courtesy of the running of RB Sutton. Calgary never lost a back-to-back game since 2012.

OFFENSE

R Kamar Jorden led the Stamps offense last week with 140 receiving yards on 9 catches. It was the first time this season that Jorden did not catch a TD pass from Bo Levi Mitchell. R Davaris Daniels (5 for 79 yards and 1 TD) and Marquay McDaniel (7 for 68 yards) had a decent game last week but needs to be better against their archrival Saskatchewan Riders. RB Jerome Messam did not finish the game and was disqualified after tossing Als LB Chip Cox to the ground. Messam hasn't scored a TD since the opening night and will definitely to score at least one against his former team.
Stamps offense missed several opportunities to scored some touchdowns on the red zone and settled for Rene Paredes 5 field goals instead.

DEFENSE:

In the 2 games they played the Riders in 2016, Stamps defense racked up eight quarterback sacks and recovered a couple of fumble.

Stamps defense were missing several defensive linemen and it shows against the Alouettes especially in the 4th quarter where RB Sutton just ran over the defense linemen and the linebacking crew. When they started stopping Sutton, Durant started throwing passes.

Stamps will be getting their best Defensive lineman Charleston Hughes back tomorrow night and it should definitely help.Rookie DB Tunde Adeleke will also be back tomorrow after sitting a game due to injury.

SPECIAL TEAM:

Kicker Rene Paredes was perfect 5 for 5 last game. It is definitely a good sign to see Paredes making the field goals after struggling for the first 3 games. Stamps will dress Marken Michel tomorrow night to back up Roy Finch on punt return and will probably do most of the kickoff return. Roy Finch was limited to 7 returns (4 punt returns and 3 kickoff) so he can concentrate on his RB position after Messam got kicked out of the game.

ROSTER MOVES:

IN: DB Tunde Adeleke, OL Shane Bergman, DE Charleston Hughes, R Rory Kohlert and WR Marken Michel.

OUT: WR Juwan Brescacin(inj), FB Rob Cote, DE Reuben Frannk, DB Osagie Odiase and OL Justin Renfrow.

GO STAMPS GO!!
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Tonight is also Purolator Tackle Hunger Night, so if you can bring a food or cash donation to McMahon.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the Riders may pull this one out. Stamps defense has been pretty bad against offenses that aren't exactly top shelf and the Riders have been putting up solid numbers offensively. Until I see some improvement in defense this team will need the offense to be scoring a lot of points and unfortunately the offense has not been very consistent at all and downright poor in the red zone.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #4
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I think the Riders may pull this one out. Stamps defense has been pretty bad against offenses that aren't exactly top shelf and the Riders have been putting up solid numbers offensively. Until I see some improvement in defense this team will need the offense to be scoring a lot of points and unfortunately the offense has not been very consistent at all and downright poor in the red zone.
With the injuries along both the Oline and Dline, i suppose its possible. Very unlikely however.
Quote:
The Calgary Stampeders haven’t lost back-to-back games since 2012 for a span of 91 regular-season games without two losses in a row.
I suppose it will have to happen again sometime, but at home against the devil himself and the Riders, after a bad week in Montreal, and a really pissed off Mitchell and Messam in the backfield? Doubtful.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #5
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Almost game time. Weather is kind of weird. The dark cloud and a bit of wind came then sunny again. Hopefully it does not rain because our running game been weak so far this season. Messam has been a dissapointment so far but I am sure he'll be motivated to play well against his former team and also being ticked off today after getting kicked out of the game early last week.

Sucks, looks like I won't be seeing the beginning of the game because of this stupid soccer game.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:04 PM   #6
John Doe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
Almost game time. Weather is kind of weird. The dark cloud and a bit of wind came then sunny again. Hopefully it does not rain because our running game been weak so far this season. Messam has been a dissapointment so far but I am sure he'll be motivated to play well against his former team and also being ticked off today after getting kicked out of the game early last week.

Sucks, looks like I won't be seeing the beginning of the game because of this stupid soccer game.
It is on TSN 3. Hasn't started yet
John Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Doe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #7
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Come on tsn. Nobody outside of Toronto gives a rats ass about this soccer game. I guess that's why I have to pay you more money every month so I can avoid this situation, but it's not nearly worth it.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:16 PM   #8
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
It is on TSN 3. Hasn't started yet
I got rid of my Best of HD since TSN and Sportsnet are already the basic HD cable. Saves me $30 a month and I rarely use some of those HD channels.

I knew I saw a Rider player made contact on Parker. Even though Stamps took advantage on that penalty, I still hate that illegal contact penalty especially when the receiver got touched was way ahead of the play. Oh well I can't complain now.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:18 PM   #9
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

4 minutes and 8 seconds in and we've had three challenges. Boo.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:19 PM   #10
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
4 minutes and 8 seconds in and we've had three challenges. Boo.
definitely a PI.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:21 PM   #11
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't believe the ref did not threw a flag on that PI. He was right there watching the play.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #12
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

another wasted chance on scoring a TD.

Paredes good on FG attempt.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #13
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quay wide open.... TD!!!!
Old 07-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #14
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey Chris Jones, #16 is pretty good, you might want to cover him...or not.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:40 PM   #15
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hughes!! Career sack #90.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #16
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like the return of Shane Bergman to the OL is opening up some holes for Messam to run through tonight.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #17
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

The look on that kid's face when McDaniel threw him the ball after scoring a TD.

Nice that Messam is bulldozing his way the last few series.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:48 PM   #18
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

McDaniel!! What a catch.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #19
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

And then an interception - Ugh.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #20
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oooohh nice catch Quay! No roughing penalty after the play.

Shoot Riders intercepted the ball.