Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 06:06 AM   #7241
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkflames View Post
How old were you when Anders Eriksson? I dont think you and I are talking about the same player if you are comparing him to Derek Forbort.

In general I like your posts but this is ridiculous..this is like me thinking Rick Tabaracci was one of the great flame goalies of all time because of game 4 against Chicago in 96 when I was probably a similar age as you were when Eriksson played. Unfortunately that sentiment doesn't hold up today...and neither does your ridiculous take.
Whoa whoa, hey now. No need to bring Tabby into the conversation.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:28 AM   #7242
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Again, this is false. I was a huge fan of Deryk Engelland and Robyn Regehr. I liked Dion. I loved what Travis Hamonic brought to the table in 2018-19, he was a true warrior on the back end who played tremendous defense. His other two years were not quite as good.

I loved Cory Sarich. I was a big fan of Kris Russell for a while. I liked Michael Stone when he first got here and I even enjoyed Dalton Prout.

Derek Forbort cost a decent pick and was substantially worse than any of these guys. I didn't like Anders Eriksson and he was free... Forbort was roughly as good and cost a fourth.

I agree about Yelesin. I think Lerby starts in the A for sure unless he really wows in camp but if he does well, we could see a couple call-ups. Yelesin could challenge to be the 7 on opening night.

Not even close dude. Like TK said how old were you when he was playing for the Flames?
Old 09-21-2020, 07:50 AM   #7243
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukkudo View Post
Not even close dude. Like TK said how old were you when he was playing for the Flames?
I assume he was 6-7 years old. Amazing analytical skills for such a young age! I was picking my nose and scratching my butt at that age.

Last edited by keenan87; 09-21-2020 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:38 AM   #7244
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
I assume he was 6-7 years old. Amazing analytical skills for such a young age! I was picking my nose and scratching my butt at that age.
Wait, we're supposed to stop that?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crown Royal For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2020, 08:45 AM   #7245
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Are you this sanctimonious and condescending with everyone who says anything negative about Flames management, cuz there was pages and pages of vitriol directed at Tre in the "Should Treliving be Fired?"thread, and I don't recall seeing you policing anyone who "fired shots"-and there were many. Do you just sit and wait for someone to slip up, so you can swoop in and feel better about yourself?

I was simply making a joke about how Tre himself would like to go back in time and select Demko, and you pointed out that it was Burke's draft. Does this mean that we should deflect all blame away from Tre, and put it on Burke for anything that happened during his tenure here?

I doubt anyone is as big a fan of Treliving (or Burke) as I am. It wasn't a shot, just a joke-relax, keyboard warrior.
Easy there.

My post wasn't even that bad, it was actually pretty benevolent. It was not intended as an attack on you per se, but more towards the group of people who would make that argument as a way to cast shade on Treliving. No need to overreact here, you could have clarified your intent and perhaps got in on the joke and laughed it off.

You made a post that directed blame towards Treliving for the 2014 draft, I guess I missed the sarcasm in that the intent of your post was actually the opposite. That was not clear. At least two of the more articulate and balanced posters on this forum thanked my post, so I suspect they read it the same way I did.

I haven't had my eyes on the 'fire Treliving' threads because they are basically just a sewer for rable rousers to vent their,often poorly thought out, arguments. Regardless, your post would be made in full force and in lock step by many of these types of posters here who think Treliving is to blame for that draft while pointing out long list of other faults, some fair, some not. Make no mistake these types would complain no matter who the GM was. Why would anyone want to engage in a discussion with someone whose arguments are rooted in 'Fire Treliving because he hasn't found a 1C/1G/Elite coach' without any context? Remember the ask for Ben Bishop? It was the Flames first in 2016(Tkachuk). The very same people who are criticizing Treliving for not acquiring a 1G are the same who would be livid they traded a top 10 pick for a 1G.

So, apologies if I took your post at face value. It sounds like we're on the same page. Moving on.

Last edited by TOfan; 09-21-2020 at 08:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TOfan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2020, 08:51 AM   #7246
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
Wait, we're supposed to stop that?

I think what he’s saying is that he used to pick his nose and scratch his butt. He still does, but he used to, too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrdonkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2020, 08:54 AM   #7247
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Me coming in the trade rumors thread and reading about Anders Eriksson

But seriously, how did we jump the rails so hard? Let's get back to baseless speculation and horrifyingly lopsided trade proposals please!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2020, 08:59 AM   #7248
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was 13/14 when Anders Eriksson was on the Flames. His play was so bad that it gave me nightmares.

I think Forbert was unbelievably awful during these playoffs. He truly did remind me of Anders Eriksson, Niklas Grossmann, Douglas Murray, etc. with his level of play.
Forbert is better than what he showed during the playoffs. But in the 4-5 OT loss to Dallas, Forbert was a -3 and basically lost the Flames that game. It's been years since someone has played that poorly for the Flames in any capacity (although Stone has also been very bad).
Old 09-21-2020, 09:01 AM   #7249
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkflames View Post
How old were you when Anders Eriksson? I dont think you and I are talking about the same player if you are comparing him to Derek Forbort.

In general I like your posts but this is ridiculous...this is like me thinking Rick Tabaracci was one of the great flame goalies of all time because of game 4 against Chicago in 96 when I was probably a similar age as you were when Eriksson played. Unfortunately that sentiment doesn't hold up today...and neither does your ridiculous take.
Comparing Anders Eriksson to Forbort is like calling Tabaracci one of the greatest Flame goaltenders of all time? Just how good do you think Forbort is?
Old 09-21-2020, 09:10 AM   #7250
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I loved Rick Tabaracci as a kid, he was the best. Looking back now, it's pretty clear the guy was average at best...but at the time positives were few and far between, so you took what you could get.
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2020, 09:14 AM   #7251
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
I loved Rick Tabaracci as a kid, he was the best. Looking back now, it's pretty clear the guy was average at best...but at the time positives were few and far between, so you took what you could get.
As a kid I thought Tony Champion was the greatest WR to ever live because of his name. Suffice to say kids are stupid and their opinions should be immediately dismissed.
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2020, 09:40 AM   #7252
Teroy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Why the hell don't all of you stick to the topic and quit your bickering about his or her opinions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Teroy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2020, 09:47 AM   #7253
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teroy View Post
Why the hell don't all of you stick to the topic and quit your bickering about his or her opinions.
Lets be honest, this thread is basically all just made up #### anyway, who cares.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:53 AM   #7254
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Comparing Anders Eriksson to Forbort is like calling Tabaracci one of the greatest Flame goaltenders of all time? Just how good do you think Forbort is?
How's this, Forbort is more like Tabby or Brathwaite, Eriksson was like Philippe Sauve.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:53 AM   #7255
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Lets be honest, this thread is basically all just made up #### anyway, who cares.
Anders Eriksson, that's who.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:00 AM   #7256
Niemo
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
As a kid I thought Tony Champion was the greatest WR to ever live because of his name. Suffice to say kids are stupid and their opinions should be immediately dismissed.

Are we playing this game? Jeff Reese should've won the Vezina in my eyes back in this Flames days.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:08 AM   #7257
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

They're all just faster, smaller, slower, larger Colbornes to me.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:11 AM   #7258
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
They're all just faster, smaller, slower, larger Colbornes to me.
Colborne was really just a bigger, left handed version of Jeff Shantz.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:13 AM   #7259
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Andy Strickland saying Pietrangelo was asking for $9.25 mil/yr from the Blues.
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #7260
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Andy Strickland saying Pietrangelo was asking for $9.25 mil/yr from the Blues.
Yeah that's about where I figured it would be.

It's not unreasonable to me. I'd be overjoyed to get him at that rate.
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread