Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-11-2021, 07:58 PM   #41
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
The Easterby situation is strange. His name is blowing up in the media, but the team keeps saying he has minimal involvement. Caserio has been on the Texans’ radar since Bob McNair was in charge. Just a guess on my part, but I’d bet that Easterby was hired to help get Caserio, rather then Easterby being some crazy manipulative person taking over the team.
O’Brien, Easterby, Caserio are part of that Patriots mafia so I agree that Caserio has been on their radar for a while. But it does sound like players and other sources are complaining about the power that Easterby wields. The fact that the owner even needs to dispute it is telling.

Caserio might be a fine hire honestly. Hard to tell from here. Hiring a search firm and then doing your one thing does sound like old Cal lacks solid leadership instincts. But he was born rich so he has that going for him.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 07:58 PM   #42
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Too lazy to link the article. Belichick declining his Presidential Medal of Freedom. Says one of his biggest prides has been working with his team in discussion with latest events and racial equality. And couldn’t accept the Medal after recent events.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patek23 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 08:43 PM   #43
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Howie's relationship with Lurie is going to be the biggest deterrent for prospective hires.
Well, Lurie got hooked on the hype.of Chip Kelly and it was the wrong situation for all basically from Day 1. He chose Kelly over Roseman then and Roseman was smart to hang around in the weeds because he knew Lurie would need him sooner than later to sort out all the turmoil that Chip caused.

So yeah, he has his ear for life.

Quinn should do ok in Dallas assuming he can keep JJ out of the.player ears. And, could step up as a HC if the JJ finally has enough of McCarthy.

Not a huge surprise NFL teams use search firms. Navigating the very tricky and sensitive Rooney rule is something they'd prefer to hand off to a third party so they keep the search at arm's length, at least to start.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:11 PM   #44
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Well, Lurie got hooked on the hype.of Chip Kelly and it was the wrong situation for all basically from Day 1.
I mean this is just factually wrong. I'm not remotely a Chip Kelly fan, but they won the division and a playoff game in his first year with a pretty average team.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:24 PM   #45
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Well, Lurie got hooked on the hype.of Chip Kelly and it was the wrong situation for all basically from Day 1. He chose Kelly over Roseman then and Roseman was smart to hang around in the weeds because he knew Lurie would need him sooner than later to sort out all the turmoil that Chip caused.

So yeah, he has his ear for life.

Quinn should do ok in Dallas assuming he can keep JJ out of the.player ears. And, could step up as a HC if the JJ finally has enough of McCarthy.

Not a huge surprise NFL teams use search firms. Navigating the very tricky and sensitive Rooney rule is something they'd prefer to hand off to a third party so they keep the search at arm's length, at least to start.
This is the first time I’ve heard the Rooney rule called tricky. I think it’s pretty elementary and doesn’t require a search firm to navigate from what I can tell. And arguably it exposes you to more risk by not hiring their recommendation and having the decision maker involved from the beginning which is one of the few stipulations of the rule.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:00 PM   #46
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Why would Pederson go back to being a coordinator? Guarantee he'll have a HC gig before the end of the month.
Yeah, I was thinking they replace Nagy with Pederson. I don't think the Bears are too fond of Trubisky, and I think they may be willing to move on from Nagy.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:19 AM   #47
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Yeah, I was thinking they replace Nagy with Pederson. I don't think the Bears are too fond of Trubisky, and I think they may be willing to move on from Nagy.
Pederson in Chicago would likely create an interesting QB situation if they stay with Trubisky and Foles. I don't know what his relationship is like with Foles after their time together in Philly.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:55 AM   #48
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trubisky is a UFA. It'll be interesting to see what kind of market he's gonna have, probably will end up doing like Mariota and taking a decent paying backup job with the potential to supplant the starter.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:00 AM   #49
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

As much as I think Schotty did a good job as OC for the Seahawks this year in the first half, it was evident that he led a very predictable and boring offense in the second half/playoffs, somehow hoping their opponents would forget the fact they now knew all the schemes and reads.

I don't think a more perfect tweet exists summarizing the Hawks' season. I don't really know what they do since Schotty isn't likely to get fired but needs a swift boot up his a** to wake him up.

Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:09 AM   #50
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Trubisky is a UFA. It'll be interesting to see what kind of market he's gonna have, probably will end up doing like Mariota and taking a decent paying backup job with the potential to supplant the starter.
Mariota will probably be available as Raiders need to cut cap and he's making too much money not to play. I think I would take him over MVP Mitch if I was looking for competent backup that can push a starting QB. It's possible the Raiders could trade Carr to say the Patriots who were aggressive in pursuing him last offseason according to Raiders insiders. I will never put anything past Gruden when it comes to QB's as he's always had a wandering eye.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 01-12-2021 at 09:12 AM.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:21 AM   #51
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Eagles list of HC interviewees requests so far:

Saleh 49er DC
Smith Titans OC
Bowles Bucs DC

and a special shout-out to Monday when they reportedly reached out to Lincoln Riley. Curious how this turns out, I’d love Riley because you’d think he would be happy to ship whiny wentz out of town and run with Jalen
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:37 AM   #52
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lincoln is probably waiting for the Cards to can Kingsbury after next year to hook up with Kyler. Although if I was the Cards I wouldn't wait that long. Kingsbury has been pretty underwhelming.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:53 PM   #53
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

How was Gus Bradley as a DC for the chargers the last four years? He’s taking his talents to Las Vegas to get the Raider defence up and running.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:24 PM   #54
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Favorites to be the next Eagles head coach

Eric Bieniemy +450
Duce Staley +500
Mike Kafka +600
Lincoln Riley +700
Arthur Smith +900
Robert Saleh +1000
Brian Daboll +1200
Todd Bowles +1500
Old 01-12-2021, 05:32 PM   #55
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Eagles list of HC interviewees requests so far:

Saleh 49er DC
Smith Titans OC
Bowles Bucs DC

and a special shout-out to Monday when they reportedly reached out to Lincoln Riley. Curious how this turns out, I’d love Riley because you’d think he would be happy to ship whiny wentz out of town and run with Jalen
I'd hate Riley because it would mean he'd be leaving OU. Not sure why he would want to leave anyway, he's king of one of the top programs in the country and get's paid a crapton of money to be there. I wouldn't give that up for the uncertainty and fickleness of the NFL
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:33 PM   #56
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rejoice Seahawks fans, Schottenheimer got Schitt-canned.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1349146332783665154
Old 01-12-2021, 06:18 PM   #57
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
I'd hate Riley because it would mean he'd be leaving OU. Not sure why he would want to leave anyway, he's king of one of the top programs in the country and get's paid a crapton of money to be there. I wouldn't give that up for the uncertainty and fickleness of the NFL
I can't see Riley taking the Eagles job unless they offer him a 5-year deal and back up the Brinks truck.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:24 PM   #58
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean why would Riley accept any less than that Matt Rhule took? Yeah it might be hard to find a team who will give you 7 years, but $9 million per sounds like the floor for Riley, especially since I think he's making $7.5 million per at Oklahoma. Poaching him is going to cost money, years and probably some level of control.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:33 PM   #59
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1349153926273265664
Old 01-12-2021, 07:40 PM   #60
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson has never played a game in the snow, and he doesn't want that streak to end in Saturday's AFC divisional playoff game in Buffalo against the Bills.

Asked about his experience about playing in the snow, Jackson said: "Zero. Saturday would be my first time playing football in the snow, if it does. Hopefully, it don't."

As of Tuesday, there is a 40% chance for snow showers at Bills Stadium on Saturday night. Accumulation could be as much as an inch.
Oh how i am now hoping for a classic lake effect snowfall.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-buffalo-bills