Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #181
Methanolic
Franchise Player

Exp:

So,

Kerr has said, The team rarely practices the PP.

Does that not show that the coaching staff is NOT doing a good job?

Your Power Play sucks!!! .......and you don't practice it!!!!!!??????

FIRE KEENAN!!!! & Marcoux, Preston, Playfair!!!
Methanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #182
IceMan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

man kerr is really giving it to the callers tonight lol wow
IceMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #183
LockedOut
Franchise Player

Exp:

First time I've listened to Overtime in a while. Now I remember why I stopped listening. Kerr is just an ass sometimes.
LockedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #184
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Heres a question.. If we dont practice the PP, what exactly does Preston do? Give his lackluster advice to the players on the bench? I'd quit listening to him too.
cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #185
zamler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rob Kerr must be under contract, because he sure as heck doesn't seem to like doing the call ins. Why so miserable?

He makes me laugh I'll give him that.
zamler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #186
zamler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
Heres a question.. If we dont practice the PP, what exactly does Preston do? Give his lackluster advice to the players on the bench? I'd quit listening to him too.
Tells the players to shoot the puck more? That's probably in the biggest font on his resume.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #187
Hustle
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Rob Kerr must be under contract, because he sure as heck doesn't seem to like doing the call ins. Why so miserable?
He's a tool sometimes, but he has to deal with a lot of stupid callers too.

Anyways, that was a terrible game. I don't know what this team needs to do to find their mojo again.. but I suggest they do it quickly. 'Nuff said.
Hustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:38 PM   #188
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

5-8 in our last 13, which include losses to the Lightning, Canes, Thrashers, Leafs, Blues and Jackets(I know they're good. But we should beat them). What the hell kind of division championship push is that??

I'm actually getting sick of Vancouver losing, I'm tired of still having hope that we can win the division. It's heartbreaking.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #189
zamler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I'm actually getting sick of Vancouver losing, I'm tired of still having hope that we can win the division. It's heartbreaking.
Really? I never get tired of seeing Vancouver lose. Even if they were 20 points out of a playoff spot, I'd still enjoy watching them lose games.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2009, 10:53 PM   #190
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Really? I never get tired of seeing Vancouver lose. Even if they were 20 points out of a playoff spot, I'd still enjoy watching them lose games.
not so true. i cheered every Edmonton win last year that got them closer to 9th place and further away from a top 5 draft pick, it's great to see Ottawa doing the same thing this year
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #191
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't like Kerr all that much but a caller about an hour ago suggested having Jokinen, Iginla, and Phaneuf sit in the press box and healthy scratch them next game.

Aside from the logistics of not being to call up guys from the A, it might have been the stupidest call iv'e ever heard.

THe next caller (who claimed to have a degree in psych) suggested the team was "down" because Lombardi and Prust were traded and it affected their psyche. Good lord, these guys are professionals, it comes with the territory, i'm sure they're used to guys being traded all the time.

If I had to listen to that nonsense every night i'd be bitter too.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #192
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
I don't like Kerr all that much but a caller about an hour ago suggested having Jokinen, Iginla, and Phaneuf sit in the press box and healthy scratch them next game.

Aside from the logistics of not being to call up guys from the A, it might have been the stupidest call iv'e ever heard.

THe next caller (who claimed to have a degree in psych) suggested the team was "down" because Lombardi and Prust were traded and it affected their psyche. Good lord, these guys are professionals, it comes with the territory, i'm sure they're used to guys being traded all the time.

If I had to listen to that nonsense every night i'd be bitter too.
Fully agree with you!

Just a couple of points:

1. There is an argument to be made about the PK with Lombardi and Bork out. The problem with the nature of Bork's injury was that much of his advantage was the result of speed which will likely be hindered when he comes back.

2. The PP can not be nearly as effective knowing they are worst in the league for short handed goals. It seems every time the team converges on the net and throws it to the point, it ends up in their own net.

3. Missed shots, this horse has been somewhat beaten to death today, but Calgary needs to smarten up on their shots. I have no problem with players missing the net on a wrister, because they are picking corners, but if they are just shooting as hard as they can, there needs to be a player on the far side for the likely deflection, block or miss. This has resulted in a very significant number of goals this season. I am not saying stop slapping the puck, I am just repeating the same cliche, "make sure it gets through"
Old 03-26-2009, 11:30 PM   #193
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

What was the reasoning behind inserting Pardy back at forward? He looked fine, but was that change just for the sake of change?

Pardy belongs in the line-up, but only at D.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:58 AM   #194
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

This disappointing loss officially puts the Flames out of contention for first and second place in the conference.

I hope the Flames can get out of this funk very soon. No team does well in the playoffs when slumping at the end of the season. The BJs simply out did the Flames in every category possible.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #195
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Columbus, Ohio - Police have charged a rabid Calgary Flames fan for making threatening calls to the Columbus Blue Jackets during Thursday night’s game at the Nationwide Arena.
The threats apparently centred on rookie netminder Steve Mason, who stopped all 33 shots in a 5-0 victory over the Flames.
According to the Columbus Dispatch, police arrested and charged Peter Stenzel, 52, for inducing panic, a misdemeanor. The man was apparently wearing a Calgary Flames shirt when officers arrived at his home in Columbus.
http://www.calgaryherald.com/Calgary...022/story.html

LOL! Caller ID!

If they're arresting him for inducing panic then how come the team and Preston got out of the building?
Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #196
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
http://www.calgaryherald.com/Calgary...022/story.html

LOL! Caller ID!

If they're arresting him for inducing panic then how come the team and Preston got out of the building?
Why doesn't this have it own thread? Gold!
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue jackets , fire preston , flames , panic , post game