Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2018, 07:01 AM   #81
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

med hat and Brandon - long bus ride, especially if this series goes 6 or more games
Old 03-23-2018, 10:59 PM   #82
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was at the Tiger/Wheatie game tonight, Hollett was stellar and the Tigers buried their chances in a dominant 7-2 win. I doubt the rest of the series goes that way, but that was fun.

And good to see my Canes whoop the Rebels 6-0!

Again, probably not going to keep going that well for them, but I'll take it when I can get it. Woo! Just dying for another Canes/Tigers 2nd round rematch. Last year was a blast.

Also, how about those Raiders hey? Upset the big, bad Warriors in their own barn game 1. Would LOVE to see an upset in that one.

Also good to see my boy Skinner get the SO in game 1 vs the Pats.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:20 AM   #83
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Also, how about those Raiders hey? Upset the big, bad Warriors in their own barn game 1. Would LOVE to see an upset in that one.

That was brutal. Raiders played well but we had our chances, entire line up needs to wake up. Tomorrow should be much different. I hate that neutral zone clog they create but it's working against us.

The way PA has played since the deadline I don't know if it would be considered an upset. This division is full of strong teams.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:46 PM   #84
FLAME ENVY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Chiefs take game 1 in OT! Spokane started OT shorthanded to boot.
FLAME ENVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:32 AM   #85
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow. Canes hammer the Rebels 8-3 in game 2!

Man I hope they can keep this up.

Disappointing that in a 9-7 game (foe Tri-City) that neither Dube or Valimaki registered a single point.

Moose Jaw and Regina even their series'.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:31 AM   #86
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Rockets are great at finding and developing superstar skaters especially D-Men but why can't they ever find goalies to steal a playoff game once in a while baffles me.

The Rockets pull out to a 3 nothing lead real quick and then the Americans roll off four straight goals to take a 4-3 lead and that was all in the first period.The Americans goaltending was not very good either giving up six goals on 16 shots with Dea in net. Once Warm came in he really settled down the game however. Series is far from over but I thought that would be the Rockets downfall in the playoffs.

Last edited by Drake; 03-25-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:56 AM   #87
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The Rockets are great at finding and developing superstar skaters especially D-Men but why can't they ever find goalies to steal a playoff game once in a while baffles me.

The Rockets pull out to a 3 nothing lead real quick and then the Americans roll off four straight goals to take a 4-3 lead and that was all in the first period.The Americans goaltending was not very good either giving up six goals on 16 shots with Dea in net. Once Warm came in he really settled down the game however. Series is far from over but I thought that would be the Rockets downfall in the playoffs.
It's not a huge surprise to see them losing. The BC division is super weak and the us division really strong. Unfortunately they got the crossover team.

But yes their goaltending is sub-par. Aside from big deals for stars every few years they don't seem to trade very often and they didn't make a move here. Probably also because they have one of the best goalie prospects in the dub in Basran.

I believe the lack of trades is often also because of the intense culture they have. The Hamilton family runs the team very much like a mom and pop and they have a lot of rules for the kids... Stuff around dress code, haircuts, shaving etc from what I remember.

I think it encourages parents to send their kids and they get a lot of ncaa commits but I think it keeps them from trading for mid level guys from other teams casually.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:47 PM   #88
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tigers are laying the boots to Brandon again tonight. 5-1 headed to the 3rd.

Could turn on a dime but so far things looking good for a rematch of last years 2nd round southern Alberta 7 game battle!
Old 03-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #89
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unless the Pats change how they’re playing and actually show a will to create a scoring chance from the middle of the ice this series is likely gonna be over come Friday. Fire 40 shots all you want but not gonna score on Skinner with 95% of them long distance shots.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:52 PM   #90
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canes blew a late 2 goal lead and almost lost in OT off a weird carom off the boards.

Luckily Flodell was able to recover and the Canes went back up the ice and got the OT winner 38 seconds in! 3-0 series lead!

PA also blew a late 2 goal lead. 2 goals for the Warriors in the last minute and a half to tie. Then Burke ends it in the first minute of OT. Tough one for PA but speede5 will be happy haha
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2018, 12:57 PM   #91
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

I went through a range of emotions listening on the radio! Those last two goals were with an empty net!
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:39 AM   #92
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Playoff time!

Kelowna vs Tri City - 5 games - TC a pretender, shouldn't have bought at deadline

My picks in bold.
Boy did I nail that one lol
Old 03-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #93
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Boy did I nail that one lol
Ridiculous Dube was even allowed to play last night. Barron Thompson got 3 games for a similar knee on knee hit.

Morgan Geekie had 9 goals and 4 assists in that series.
Hes already in their top 5 in playoff history for most goals and it’s been 4 games.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:08 AM   #94
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Injuries really catching up to the Tigers. The Wheat Kings have completely taken over that series. Amazing. The Tigers just throttled them in games 1 and 2. All Wheaties now.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:48 PM   #95
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm cheering for Stuart Skinner and the Broncs to go all the way. Skinner was third star with 40 saves as they took a 3-2 series lead.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:50 PM   #96
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^Ugh. It makes me sick that the coilers drafted him. Totally tainted now and it isn't even his fault.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:04 AM   #97
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes! Good riddance rebels!
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2018, 09:08 AM   #98
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Portland 30 seconds away from winning the series and ends up losing in OT. Had the lead 4 times and couldn’t hold it.

Yamamoto hadn’t scored in the series until OT of Game 5 - the Chiefs will need more from 17 if they plan to get back into the series.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:10 PM   #99
FLAME ENVY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Portland 30 seconds away from winning the series and ends up losing in OT. Had the lead 4 times and couldn’t hold it.

Yamamoto hadn’t scored in the series until OT of Game 5 - the Chiefs will need more from 17 if they plan to get back into the series.
Yammy is nursing an ankle strain and has subsequently been pretty invisible this series. The Chiefs blew a late lead in game 4 with two epic defensive lapses, a win in game 4 would have evened things up. Big win yesterday to keep the series alive however. The Boy's are confident going back to Spokane for game 6.

JAD with 6 points in the last 2 games, including the beautiful set-up for Yamamoto's OT winner!
FLAME ENVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:02 PM   #100
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tigers lose game 6 in OT, their 4th loss in a row and are out.

Hurricanes host the Wheat Kings in round 2. Not bad for a couple of teams that sold at the deadline.

The pesky Raiders win games 5 and 6 to force a game 7 against the Warriors.