Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2023, 11:59 PM   #5681
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I received a PM today from a user with a join date of Jan 2023.

They took issue with one of my recent posts in this thread, but it wasn't overly insulting in tone.
It just just made me wonder which former poster it is as I doubt a truly new member would bother.
I know who.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 04:56 AM   #5682
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nice can-do attitude by Premier. Can’t wait for hand outs with strings attached by Feds.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1612607502910369792

https://twitter.com/user/status/1612799436924792834

Last edited by Yoho; 01-10-2023 at 06:29 AM.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 05:36 AM   #5683
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Her husband David owns the restaurant.
Meh. Guilty by association.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 06:19 AM   #5684
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:

They took issue with one of my recent posts in this thread, but it wasn't overly insulting in tone.
It just just made me wonder which former poster it is as I doubt a truly new member would bother.
What a ####ing loser.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 06:50 AM   #5685
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
What a ####ing loser.
on the bright side, after the message I think I'm now officially part of the CP Trudeau loving, anti-UCP circle jerk now.

As the new guy, do I bring tissues for the clean up?
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 07:40 AM   #5686
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Ha those make me laugh.

I haven't received one in sometime

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 07:44 AM   #5687
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Nice can-do attitude by Premier. Can’t wait for hand outs with strings attached by Feds.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1612607502910369792

https://twitter.com/user/status/1612799436924792834

OK so the first one is Smith saying that the Feds have made it clear that they are not coming to the table to discuss healthcare. Where in fact they said they would, many times in fact, if the provinces would just show where the money would go. That's it, that's the big bad scary strings that are attached to this. Show your damn receipts. But the premiers don't want to show the receipts, they just want the money to spend as they see fit. Now this could be turned around and say, "Would we deceive you and spend it on other things, trust me". The problem is that this already happened the first time around and now that trust is broken.
Could you imagine if your work just took a Trust me bro as an expense report?

For the second one. Another amazing column by Rick Bell. This time telling us, through Smith, how Trudeau is going to shut down the oil sands and make every person in Alberta unemployed.
Quote:
In a statement Monday, Smith says Trudeau “really wants to shut down the industry and eliminate their jobs.”

The industry. Oil and gas.

“It’s no surprise Trudeau can’t stay out of our business and we’re not going to allow him to do this.”

This. Killing jobs.

In recent days Smith has spoken of possible “draconian measures” from Trudeau where half the jobs in the patch could be toast and half the royalties, billions upon billions a dollars a year for the public purse, could evaporate.
So how is he going to kill this province? Well lets read about it.

Quote:
The Trudeau government is planning to go ahead with a plan for a just transition to “sustainable jobs” in the “clean economy.”

We haven’t seen the plan. The feds say what’s coming down is probably going to be more boring than what many are thinking. They insist it isn’t the death blow to oil and gas.
So again, he is going to kill the oilsands by offering training to anyone that wants to leave it voluntarily. This man has no morals.
Then there is this greatness

Quote:
Smith is loaded for bear.

She vows to never shut down oil and gas.

Oilpatch workers will not transition into solar panel installers.

Smith says it doesn’t help when Trudeau keeps “firing these shots across the bow without even picking up the phone and giving us a call to tell us what it is he has in mind.”

Smith adds she is “not impressed.”

For the premier, Trudeau is “invading our territory and invading our jurisdiction.”

Alberta’s territory and Alberta’s jurisdiction.

She speaks of “offensive policies” from Liberal Ottawa and her Sovereignty Act, a “shield” defending Alberta against the offenders from the east.
So she thinks that the only job in green tech is to install solar panels? Actually that says a lot about what she thinks green tech actually is.
Then there is Firing shots across the bow junk. He is invading our territory with offensive policies and we will not stand by while he offers to help oil workers who are having their jobs replaced with automation! That is not Albertian.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 08:53 AM   #5688
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The feds are so hard up on Hydrogen economy that they are going to include transition training to H2 similar positions as part of the program, IMO.

Total nonsense from the Premier. If she wants to rally against something keep talking about the hard emissions caps. That's an actual unknown that could present huge issues.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 09:02 AM   #5689
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
She avoided use of the CRA because she didn't want to use income as the marker for who would qualify for inflation support. Based on income alone, almost 100% of AISH would qualify for an income based evaluation, so that's a red herring... she simply wants to give money to people with children, so that she can claim future kissing babies points for the election.

2.3 billion dollars of taxpayer money, and it's going to people making less than 180K/year as long as they have children, while people without children making 24K/year, starve.

As much as posters above want to trump on about Notley's record, the UCP have to eat their own record under Kenney, as well as abominations like this under the first few weeks of Smith.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:07 AM   #5690
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, this is a bungle. We are a family of 3 who, if the criteria is based on 2021 income, won't qualify, but if it's based on 2022 income, we will.

We don't need $100 a month, it should definitely go to people who need it more. But I'm also not going to leave it on the table. If we end up receiving it I will consider donating it.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 09:46 AM   #5691
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Yeah, this is a bungle. We are a family of 3 who, if the criteria is based on 2021 income, won't qualify, but if it's based on 2022 income, we will.

We don't need $100 a month, it should definitely go to people who need it more. But I'm also not going to leave it on the table. If we end up receiving it I will consider donating it.
You should get it all in loonies and do a 'Mike Commodore' photo shoot.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 09:47 AM   #5692
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
You should get it all in loonies and do a 'Mike Commodore' photo shoot.
Haha, I need context for this.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 09:52 AM   #5693
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Haha, I need context for this.
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...hoto--nhl.html

GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 09:55 AM   #5694
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
She avoided use of the CRA because she didn't want to use income as the marker for who would qualify for inflation support. Based on income alone, almost 100% of AISH would qualify for an income based evaluation, so that's a red herring... she simply wants to give money to people with children, so that she can claim future kissing babies points for the election.

2.3 billion dollars of taxpayer money, and it's going to people making less than 180K/year as long as they have children, while people without children making 24K/year, starve.

As much as posters above want to trump on about Notley's record, the UCP have to eat their own record under Kenney, as well as abominations like this under the first few weeks of Smith.
Exactly, she avoided using CRA because she didn't want to be seen cozying up to the Federal Government even though they already have the system set up. Everything will be worse and slower in Alberta but that's SOVEREINGTY BABY! We're building the plane as we try to fly/crash land it.

Last edited by Torture; 01-10-2023 at 09:57 AM.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 09:57 AM   #5695
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's also a good trial run to take over some traditional taxation/distribution duties, while getting a good chunk of the population to sign up for the system, so it is "ready to go".
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 10:00 AM   #5696
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:

Ha, you should see some of the stuff the mod team gets like this.

Please use the report function - we'd love to see it
Old 01-10-2023, 10:02 AM   #5697
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Our Minister of Foresty, Parks and Tourism suggested more parking lots for Moraine lake on the Eyeopener this morning.

Something something Big Yellow Taxi.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1612815780030341123
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 10:08 AM   #5698
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hrmm, speaking of governments "staying in their lane"...Parks Canada runs the National Parks, Alberta Parks runs Alberta ones. I'd invite Todd to examine a map, but that might be a bit complicated for him.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2023, 10:08 AM   #5699
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

This has "lets add another lane to the highway, that will solve everything" vibes.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 10:09 AM   #5700
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Hrmm, speaking of governments "staying in their lane"...Parks Canada runs the National Parks, Alberta Parks runs Alberta ones. I'd invite Todd to examine a map, but that might be a bit complicated for him.
I love how it was pointed out yesterday on twitter that Banff National Park predates Alberta.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post: