Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-06-2008, 11:34 PM   #21
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Yargh. I didn't read the thread b/c I'm afraid of spoilers. My friend bought season 1 a couple months ago and we watched it for 2 days straight. Now she returned from T.O. with season 2 (burnt on a DVD, I know, evil downloaders) and I can't stop watching it. FUDGE! I'm going to be tired tomorrow.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:24 AM   #22
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anyone missed any episodes in Season 2 and has a Shaw Digital box, go to Shaw Video on Deman, click on the Movie Central section and they have all the episodes there and they're for FREE!!!!.......I just watched Season 2 in about 4 days....AMAZING!!....Season 3 in a couple months!!!
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #23
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I spent the weekend watching season 1, I am so hooked. Such a good show
chid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #24
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chid View Post
I spent the weekend watching season 1, I am so hooked. Such a good show
It is an AMAZING show.

I laughed when Dexter did that funny accent at the pay phone.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:48 AM   #25
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't been crazy about this season so far, it's definitely had its moments. I just felt that last season was so intense because him getting caught was building up so much, you had no idea how or hell even if he was gonna get out of it. I also haven't been a big fan of Jimmy Smits, I just don't think he's that good and Michael C Hall is better than him in every scene. I still love the show and will watch every Sunday night, but I truly hope it starts to amp up a little bit here.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #26
Lithium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
I haven't been crazy about this season so far, it's definitely had its moments.
I completely agree with this.
I watched the first two seasons within two weeks time, every episode had you wanting more and more. This third season just hasn't been able to do that, every episode seems to end with nothing major happening to make you think about it all week like it should be!
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #27
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the Identity of the serial killer will be smits or his remaining brother. Hense the weird/forced kinship between Smits and Dexter. Either Smits sees the sociopathic nature of Dexter because he is one as well or Smits recognizes the same traits in Dexter as he does his remaining brother.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #28
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Heh, I was wondering when someone was gonna say this.

I also think the killer is Miguel Prado. There were some subtle hints in episodes 2 and 3 (can't remember what exactly).

Last edited by Machiavelli; 10-21-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Machiavelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #29
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

There was some news from the set a couple of weeks ago that gave away something important that is going to be happening sometime this season.

Highlight below to read...

There was an accident on the set and Jimmy Smits accidentally stabbed a stunt man with a real knife, rather than a prop knife.

According to the story, the stunt man was bound and gagged similar to how Dexter usually prepares his victims, and Smits picked up a real knife rather than the prop knife and stabbed the actor in the chest. Luckily, the stunt man was wearing a protective shield over his heart, so it didn't kill him. Because he was bound up, the stunt man was unable to stop Smits. Michael C. Hall realized that Smits had picked up the wrong knife, but was unable to warn him in time.

Unless it's some sort of dream sequence, it would appear that Smits will be getting a little closer to Dexter's world sometime this season.

The accident happened two and a half weeks ago, so it'll probably be close to the end of the season when that particular episode airs.

Here's the story (possibly possible spoilers): http://www.tv.com/story/11691.html
Old 10-27-2008, 01:17 AM   #30
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

well it took a little longer than last season, but tonight's episode IMO was the one that amps up this season into new territory. i always watch on sunday because Dexter is the best show on TV right now, but now i have the same feeling of can't-wait-for-next-week-itis that i had for the previous 2 seasons. Jimmy Smits is finally becoming interesting
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:22 AM   #31
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah, last night was really solid. Best episode so far.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #32
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great epi last night, with an interesting twist. I missed last week's episode; could someone summarize it for me?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:47 AM   #33
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Have to agree fantastic episode. I thought all the different storylines were all fantastic.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:34 PM   #34
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Great epi last night, with an interesting twist. I missed last week's episode; could someone summarize it for me?
http://dexterwiki.sho.com/page/Episo...+in+the+Family
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #35
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a good epi.

Miguel Prado is a huge creepster.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:10 PM   #36
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
Thank you.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:48 PM   #37
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I missed last week's eipsode and read the summary that Barnes suggested. One question: In the snippets from previous episodes, there was one of Angel with a supposed hooker who IDs herself as a cop. Can someone tell me what that was all about? I can't find that explained. I'm sure everyone has seen last week's epi, but feel free to send by PM if you don't want to spoil the fun or just post here.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #38
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

She was just a random undercover cop that busted Angel, who tried to procure her services.

After last night's episode, seems like they're leading towards a possible romance between the two.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #39
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've been avoiding this thread for a while. I got hooked on Dexter a few months ago, and caught all the first two seasons on DVD. Now, I PVR the show. So, every time this thread gets bumped, I don't want to read it for fear of seeing a spoiler. Since I saw the last episode last night, I can finally participate in this thread.

This is easily my favourite show right now. There is the occasional "yeah right" moment (e.g. Rita seems to have forgotten about Dexter's heroin addiction), but I think you have to suspend some belief when you have a show where the main character is a serial killer that prays on serial killers. One thing I really like about the show is how the intensity gradually picks up through the season. Now that I have to wait a week for new episodes, that might just drive me batty.

It's obvious that Miguel Prado has to disappear by the end of the season. Having him being a mass murderer and then being killed off by Dexter is too easy. It's possible that it will end that way, but I am thinking that it will be a little different. My current guess is that Ramon Prado is the killer that is cutting off skin patchess. So, Dexter will kill him off. Then for Miguel, my current guess is that he will kill himself. Either that, or Ramon kills him. All of the Prados are obviously messed up. We still haven't heard too much about Oscar's past. I think that the Prado family's past will develop quite a bit through the season. Oscar's killing will end up being justified, even though Dexter didn't know it to begin with.
jtfrogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:46 AM   #40
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfrogger View Post

This is easily my favourite show right now. There is the occasional "yeah right" moment (e.g. Rita seems to have forgotten about Dexter's heroin addiction), but I think you have to suspend some belief when you have a show where the main character is a serial killer that prays on serial killers. One thing I really like about the show is how the intensity gradually picks up through the season. Now that I have to wait a week for new episodes, that might just drive me batty.
I don't know if that;s the way I would describe Dexter's motives. He doesn't only reserve his killings to serial killers. The beauty of the show for me is just him struggling to juggle his normal life with his addiction. I think it's brilliant.