Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2022, 08:31 PM   #41
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
I like the Raiders.

I just don't think I'm interested enough in them to have 3/4 of that episode devoted to deepening their story and lore.

It was fun though. Better than episode 1. And i'd say it added something to Boba's journey to overtaking Fett's throne.

I do like that they told him that there are different tribes and some make their way by killing.

Helps to maintain their savage image from ANH.

Its clear that his training/experience with the sand people will play into the present story somehow.

That opening bit was crazy though. I forgot how much I loved to hate those slugs.

Spoiler!
Was going to say. I liked the episode too. I've probably also seen enough exploration of the raiders' culture though.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:35 PM   #42
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
I like the Raiders.

I just don't think I'm interested enough in them to have 3/4 of that episode devoted to deepening their story and lore.

It was fun though. Better than episode 1. And i'd say it added something to Boba's journey to overtaking Fett's throne.

I do like that they told him that there are different tribes and some make their way by killing.

Helps to maintain their savage image from ANH.

Its clear that his training/experience with the sand people will play into the present story somehow.

That opening bit was crazy though. I forgot how much I loved to hate those slugs.

Spoiler!

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Krrsantan

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 10:09 PM   #43
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Was going to say. I liked the episode too. I've probably also seen enough exploration of the raiders' culture though.
Pure fan speculation, but I feel confident enough in this that I'll spoiler tag it for people that are hoping for a surprise

Spoiler!
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 11:26 PM   #44
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
Pure fan speculation, but I feel confident enough in this that I'll spoiler tag it for people that are hoping for a surprise

Spoiler!
You can bet your house that he will call on his raider friends in the second to last or last episode for reinforcement after his beloved loyal shrek pigs are taken out and fennec taken hostage or something like that.

I don't know how he's going to wage a gang war with the numbers are his disposal currently. Going to have to make more friends/allies.

Maybe there's an army for hire ala GOT.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 12:23 AM   #45
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was that Toschi Station where Fett got the speeder bikes?

The man and woman who were being harassed looked like the people who are jerks to Luke in the deleted scene from ANH.

EDIT: Just checked the credits, and they are credited as Camie and Fixer, which are those characters' names from ANH -- so, yes, he did go to Toschi Station to pick up some speeder bikes.

Also, in the credits, the Tusken Warrior is played by a woman: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4131057/

Last edited by getbak; 01-06-2022 at 12:33 AM.
getbak is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to getbak For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2022, 12:57 AM   #46
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Was that Toschi Station where Fett got the speeder bikes?

The man and woman who were being harassed looked like the people who are jerks to Luke in the deleted scene from ANH.

EDIT: Just checked the credits, and they are credited as Camie and Fixer, which are those characters' names from ANH -- so, yes, he did go to Toschi Station to pick up some speeder bikes.

Also, in the credits, the Tusken Warrior is played by a woman: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4131057/

apparently it's the same actors from a new hope... at least that's what some youtube video guy said - but who knows (i saw it on youtube so it must be true right?!?!). i wonder if the youtube video i watch had the guy misspeak - saying the same actors instead of the same characters?

i found this....

Quote:
After 44 years, The Book of Boba Fett officially makes a deleted scene A New Hope canon. Luke Skywalker is often criticized for being something of a whiner in the first Star Wars movie, typified by his famous complaint to Uncle Owen Lars, "But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters." Uncle Owen was about as unimpressed as viewers, knowing full well Luke was actually trying to find an excuse to spend some time with his friends. Now, thanks to the Disney+ pseudo-sequel, this original motivation is made clear.
George Lucas actually shot a scene at Tosche Station, in which Luke did indeed go there - and met a couple of his closest friends. Two stand-outs were Camie Marstrap (Koo Stark) and Laze Loneozner (Anthony Forrest) - better known as "Fixer."

in The Book of Boba Fett episode 2, which featured a flashback in which Boba Fett visits Tosche Station and takes down a swoop gang who were menacing a couple of patrons. They are indeed credited as being Camie and Fixer, now played by Mandy Kowalski and Skyler Bible. It seems Luke Skywalker's childhood friends are officially canon once again; they remained on Tatooine

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-bob...station-canon/

Last edited by bc-chris; 01-06-2022 at 01:09 AM.
bc-chris is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bc-chris For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2022, 01:06 AM   #47
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett aren’t perfect, but man, you can’t help but wonder what the sequel trilogy could have been if they waited to have the right people in place first. I’m loving this show so far.

That scene of young Boba watching Jango fly away on Kamino was awesome.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2022, 01:40 AM   #48
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great episode! The deeper look into the Tusken culture was a lot of fun, and Boba finally lived up to his badass reputation.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2022, 02:00 AM   #49
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yeah huge feels from those Kamino flashbacks.

Would've loved if they built up to a sequel trilogy with these live action shows set right after the OT first. Easier to get a feel for what works and doesn't through various shows before putting all your eggs in on feature films.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 07:22 AM   #50
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why did it take me so long to realize Tusken Raiders are Star Wars Fremen?
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 09:05 AM   #51
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Make me wonder with the showing up of BK who looked amazing, and a picture of a girl on a speeder that leaded if Doctor Aphra is far behind.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:16 AM   #52
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post

Spoiler!
I don't think we've seen the last of the raiders. I'd assume that group would be considerably established - with their new weapons, tactics, and protection racket - by the time Boba takes over Jabba's palace. It's actually kind of odd that Boba hasn't contacted them already. His palace looks very weird empty. Without all the jeering aliens and bounty hunters it's a lot less menacing.

Last edited by blankall; 01-06-2022 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:20 AM   #53
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah everything interesting about the show continues to be in the 'flashbacks' - that whole story is great and fortunately has made up the bulk of the show so far. Everything happening in the 'present day' (so to speak) just feels clunky and low energy and not well written.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 09:28 AM   #54
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Something I'm having a hard time with is the timeline between the stories. Mostly because they havent seemed to play with Morrison's age at all. How long was he in the Sarlaac? He'd be ~10 years older than the main cast. He mustve escaped within a few days, unless the Sarlaac was sustaining his vitals somehow. So has he been wandering the desert for 30 years before now? The dude looks the same through the whole thing.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:34 AM   #55
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Something I'm having a hard time with is the timeline between the stories. Mostly because they havent seemed to play with Morrison's age at all. How long was he in the Sarlaac? He'd be ~10 years older than the main cast. He mustve escaped within a few days, unless the Sarlaac was sustaining his vitals somehow. So has he been wandering the desert for 30 years before now? The dude looks the same through the whole thing.

That's a really interesting question for me as well. I'm going to make a guess

We see the Sarlaac is dead, we see there are no fires or anyone around there.

He has to live in a bacta tank but I think that's because of injuries to come because he doesn't seem to need it in the past sense.

The Sarlaac digests over a thousand years, and it keeps its victims alive. I'm betting he was sitting in that stomach for a long time, I'm betting a decade.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:39 AM   #56
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
At the time he goes into the Sarlac he'd be about 13 years older than Luke. Boba was about 10? in Attack of the Clones, and Luke was born at the end of ROTS, which was set 3 years after Attack of the Clones.

Luke is still in his early 20s in Return of the Jedi, so Boba Fett is only in his mid to late 30s by the time he enters the Sarlac Pitt.

The Mandalorian is 5 years after Return of the Jedi....so Boba Fett is only in his early 40s....

Maybe he's lived a rough life in the dessert? Those sarlac pits and dessert sun can't be good for his skin....The actor who plays him is 61.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:58 AM   #57
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ya my understanding is that Mandalorian was set 5 years after ROTJ. So basically the flash backs would only be filling in about 5 years, or less because how much time passes between Jabba's Barge and the blowing up of the death star? While all of that stuff is going down, Boba is on Tatooine picking up the pieces?

Also I think the Sand People will be a big part of Boba's control of this crime empire. If he is controlling all of the 'routes' to and from the major cities, that is a huge piece in the puzzle. Not necessarily to say they will work FOR him, but he has obviously earned their trust and that is a big deal, so I could see them working WITH him for mutual gain and survival.

They also mention all of the different tribes, so we might be seeing some sort of network all over the desert.
Old 01-06-2022, 10:04 AM   #58
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Right. Sorry for some reason I keep thinking this is post-sequel trilogy.

I definitely think Sandpeople will play a big role in his rise to control as well.
Old 01-06-2022, 10:18 AM   #59
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I get a feeling that he's going to not only use these Tuskan's but he's going to unite a lot of bands, including the ones who are just in for the killing.

I'd love to see him come across the graveyard camp where Anakin went apeship. The other Tuskan's are afraid of that territory as they feel its haunted by evil.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:32 AM   #60
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

In AOTC, they say he's an unaltered clone of Jango with no accelerated aging, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's true. He could have a slightly accelerated aging that wouldn't really be noticeable while he's younger, but becomes more noticeable as he gets older. Or, it could have been true up to a certain age, but as he gets older, he gets older at a faster rate.

I believe they've already established that the accelerated aging for the clone soldiers slowed down over time, which is why there are still some around in Rebels and they're not 180 year-old men. So, it's possible the opposite is true for Boba.