Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2021, 12:04 AM   #1
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default I started a youtube channel

Hey guys about 6 months ago I started on ssri's for general anxiety disorder since then my life has had many positive changes and one thing that completely changed is the voice in my head that tells me not to do things has been completely silenced.

So last month I started a youtube channel I have been keeping it pretty secret from people I know, but as I have seen it grow and the positive feedback I have been receiving it has slowly allowed me to bring down my guard and include friends in my channel. As I consider many of you guys friends I would like to share my channel with you and like any feedback you may have it is a roblox channel it is family friendly but also I am learning as I go. I want to be a positive influence on youtube as well as fun

I just started editing videos when I started this channel and quickly realized it is a hobby that I never realized I needed, anyways sorry for the wall of text
TLDR: hello I started a youtube channel check it out and let me know what you think! the channel name is robobloxYT1

Last edited by Robo; 12-25-2021 at 12:13 AM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2021, 09:52 AM   #2
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Hey guys about 6 months ago I started on ssri's for general anxiety disorder since then my life has had many positive changes and one thing that completely changed is the voice in my head that tells me not to do things has been completely silenced.

So last month I started a youtube channel I have been keeping it pretty secret from people I know, but as I have seen it grow and the positive feedback I have been receiving it has slowly allowed me to bring down my guard and include friends in my channel. As I consider many of you guys friends I would like to share my channel with you and like any feedback you may have it is a roblox channel it is family friendly but also I am learning as I go. I want to be a positive influence on youtube as well as fun

I just started editing videos when I started this channel and quickly realized it is a hobby that I never realized I needed, anyways sorry for the wall of text
TLDR: hello I started a youtube channel check it out and let me know what you think! the channel name is robobloxYT1
I've been streaming for just under a year now and YT for ~4 months. Be very careful with content creation and mental health, while it may seem like it's helpful, I've seen it do alot of damage. I personally have experienced a lot of trauma dumping in my channel at the end of summer and had to put up rules against it.

I've also seen people develop alot of unhealthy habits with alcohol/streaming and a couple really bad parasocial relationships with female streamers.

On top of that the work required, make sure you set boundaries and goals that are healthy for you.

If you find the right balance for you, it is an amazing fun hobby or career.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krovikan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2021, 10:16 AM   #3
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovikan View Post
I've been streaming for just under a year now and YT for ~4 months. Be very careful with content creation and mental health, while it may seem like it's helpful, I've seen it do alot of damage. I personally have experienced a lot of trauma dumping in my channel at the end of summer and had to put up rules against it.

I've also seen people develop alot of unhealthy habits with alcohol/streaming and a couple really bad parasocial relationships with female streamers.

On top of that the work required, make sure you set boundaries and goals that are healthy for you.

If you find the right balance for you, it is an amazing fun hobby or career.

Hey ty so much for this info I have noticed that I have had trouble pulling myself away from the analytics after a video but I am slowly learning to just be patient as I realize that it doesn't happen over night , i also don't drink or do drugs so I am ok in that department lol but the main thing for me as you suggested is boundaries I need to set them and have family time also
The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2021, 10:40 AM   #4
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Hey ty so much for this info I have noticed that I have had trouble pulling myself away from the analytics after a video but I am slowly learning to just be patient as I realize that it doesn't happen over night , i also don't drink or do drugs so I am ok in that department lol but the main thing for me as you suggested is boundaries I need to set them and have family time also
I had that the other day when I started posting on YT as well; had it on Reddit the other day with a meme I posted. Advice I keep on seeing is just experiment for the first 50-100 videos.

Last edited by Krovikan; 12-25-2021 at 10:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Krovikan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 09:59 AM   #5
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

I've been thinking about creating content as well and uploading. I've been trying to come up with ideas for content and do have one idea I plan on pursuing. I may record a few episodes before I start uploading and see how it goes. Most of the youtubers I follow are pretty regular people and they're doing content they're passionate about or their work.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Macman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 10:11 AM   #6
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Hah, weirdly enjoyable videos to watch, dude. Great job.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 03:57 PM   #7
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Good stuff.

Just find your 'content niche' and go.

You never know where it leads.

I'll be doing the same for psychological & spiritual content. Very excited to do it.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 08:10 PM   #8
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Hah, weirdly enjoyable videos to watch, dude. Great job.
Thank you my brain works in weird ways lmao 🤣
The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2022, 07:04 PM   #9
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hello guys this is my new video it took so long to edit but i am very excited about it i feel like i am starting to find a niche but let me know what you guys think
Old 01-13-2022, 10:12 AM   #10
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Congrats on getting your channel going!

Question about editing videos. Do you just use the editing software on Youtubes's backend or something else?
Was it challenging to learn that part of things?
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 11:47 AM   #11
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post

Question about editing videos. Do you just use the editing software on Youtubes's backend or something else?
You should take a look at Davinci Resolve, their free version is amazing basically Adobe After Effects + Premiere + Audition + the best colour grader on the market all rolled into one for free. They have a paid version, but you only need that for triple monitors and some advanced effects or really high resolutions.
Old 02-19-2022, 05:13 PM   #12
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post

Hey sorry for the late reply I use davinci resolve it has a free version that is absolutely amazing it is pretty challenging to learn but youtube vids are a good source to educate on how to use it
Old 02-19-2022, 05:15 PM   #13
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovikan View Post
You should take a look at Davinci Resolve, their free version is amazing basically Adobe After Effects + Premiere + Audition + the best colour grader on the market all rolled into one for free. They have a paid version, but you only need that for triple monitors and some advanced effects or really high resolutions.
Yeah I am so amazed that davinchi resolve gives so much for free truly an amazing program, definitely glad I took the time to learn it. If finances ever get better I will definitely buy the full version just to support the company
Old 02-19-2022, 05:35 PM   #14
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah I am so amazed that davinchi resolve gives so much for free truly an amazing program, definitely glad I took the time to learn it. If finances ever get better I will definitely buy the full version just to support the company
While I'm getting it for the 3rd monitor features (eventually), I would get it just to support the company. Black Magic Design is huge in the cinematic industry they aren't a small company that might go away.