Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2022, 04:48 PM   #141
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
Most of which I've seen. Haven't seen any of these with Holland so I have no idea.
He has his own supporting characters who I actually think are quite good, moreso than in other Marvel movies. So getting their backstory would make this more enjoyable IMO.

But this thread is spoiler central so if you're in here now, you're already going to have a different experience.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:08 PM   #142
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Were you under the impression Corsi relayed his concerns to his fellow movie patrons during the showing? Or are you against discussing movies on the internet in general?

These things were there for everyone to see. Some people notice them and some people don’t. Some people think the new matrix was better than Spider-Man.

So what’s the issue here? Now that you know these things does it ruin the movie for you?
Just lots of nitpicking of logic and plot points is kind of lame, right? The entire premise of this movie is "a wizard botches a magic spell and alternate universe people start messing up reality, teenager with spider powers has to fix the magic spell" -- like, it's dumb. But it's also fun. And I'm not sure why the kind of person that demands perfect movie logic would even go to see a movie that has that plot summary.

I nitpick stuff in movies intended to be a little more serious. Like when 'M' in James Bond gives the command to launch a military missile bombardment of an island, like he'd ever have the authority. But when it's like "Ah, the Spider-Men discovered the cures too easily, I'm gonna remember this and add it to my paragraphs of grievances online!" it just comes across as the fun police pulling up. Yeah, woo, look how smart you are, big deal. Everyone else just enjoyed the spectacle and didn't worry too much about it.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:56 PM   #143
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
There are about 30 movies you need to watch before this one.
I'd say 3 movies really effect this.

If you've made it to Homecoming, and Infinity War, And Homecoming actually really required 2012 Avengers.

Meet Toms spidy squad, and get context for the relationship between Dr Strange and Spiderman, the rest the movie gives you enough to stand on its feet.

And I think the other things you need to know, you can get from the cultural milieu. The Unblipping, Tony's death, Where these villains originally came form (the fact the other two spidy franchises exist). Oddly if you really want to reach The Amazing Spiderman 2, is probably the 4th most important movie to understanding a big plot point in this movie, that doesn't fully get explained.

Last edited by #-3; 01-10-2022 at 09:58 PM.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote