Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 10:37 AM   #1121
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Shady tactics by Ticketmaster and/or Cavalry on that one. Withhold two entire sections to push people into higher priced seats, and then 29 minutes later open up cheaper seats.

Whatever - paid $63 x 5 and feel OK about it, but would have been pissed if I had paid $100 for fear of missing out, only to have $40 seats open up right afterwards.
I can see how that this frustrating. At least they will have a few sections which are absolutely full.
I can imagine that there will also be a few scalpers who got burned by that as well haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #1122
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I can see how that this frustrating. At least they will have a few sections which are absolutely full.
I can imagine that there will also be a few scalpers who got burned by that as well haha.
I'd actually bet that the place will sell out in advance. There was some serious demand, and there are still a few weeks to go.

I just wish that people wouldn't have to be tricked into buying the overpriced tickets like that. But I digress - I got tickets at my upper price point ($63) eventually and I'm happy with that. And if the pricing matches demand, even this once with the novelty of an MLS opponent, then that's a win for everyone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #1123
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's too bad it takes the Whitecaps bringing a B squad to town to get this type of demand. Hopefully a few people get hooked and buy CPL tickets as well as a result...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #1124
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

What the hell is going on? Look at the seating chart now. Stadium is sparsely sold. 101/102 and 108/109 sold, but loads of seats available in the rest of the main stand. Shenanigans!
Old 06-18-2019, 10:51 AM   #1125
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now the stadium looks completely empty. What a weird strategy. I don't really understand what the point of that was.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:52 AM   #1126
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

I got my tickets in section 101. Very excited for this game!
Although this will be my first one where I'm not in the supporters section so that's a bit of a bummer, but seeing the amount of people looking for those tickets on the Foot Soldiers Facebook group it didn't look very likely I'd get in.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Party Elephant For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 10:53 AM   #1127
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

So a handful of people may have been tricked into going to a higher price point, but based on the chart, very few. I take back my previous comments about demand and it selling out. It looks no different than a league game.

What a sham. I'm still fine with my $63 tickets, but this is just a joke. Turn away people at all price points with false demand, and now those potential tickets are sitting there unsold.

If I could have (and I tried), I would have bought in 107 instead of 103 at the same price, but whatever.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #1128
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So a handful of people may have been tricked into going to a higher price point, but based on the chart, very few. I take back my previous comments about demand and it selling out. It looks no different than a league game.

What a sham. I'm still fine with my $63 tickets, but this is just a joke. Turn away people at all price points with false demand, and now those potential tickets are sitting there unsold.

If I could have (and I tried), I would have bought in 107 instead of 103 at the same price, but whatever.
Its funny because I wanted to buy 4 tickets, and wound up only buying two because it was difficult to find 4 together. I probably would have spend more money if all the options were available from the start. I just don't understand what the benefit of trickling tickets in was.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #1129
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Cavalry FC doing Cavalry FC things. Despite the quality of the product on field. There business operations continues to be the circus of the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #1130
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am still hyped for this game though! I am booking the next day off work right now!
Old 06-18-2019, 10:59 AM   #1131
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Its funny because I wanted to buy 4 tickets, and wound up only buying two because it was difficult to find 4 together. I probably would have spend more money if all the options were available from the start. I just don't understand what the benefit of trickling tickets in was.
Don't speak of Cavalry ticketing. Prices, strategies, etc. are all just fine. Nothing to see here. "We know what we are doing!"
Old 06-18-2019, 11:04 AM   #1132
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Don't speak of Cavalry ticketing. Prices, strategies, etc. are all just fine. Nothing to see here. "We know what we are doing!"
In the end I could care less, because I am in the building and will watch the Whitecaps crumble, as we make the stands rumble!
Old 06-18-2019, 11:18 AM   #1133
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

The 100s look pretty empty now..
Old 06-18-2019, 11:24 AM   #1134
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

For anyone who didn’t log-in when the tickets were first released...here is the comparison of what ticket sales appeared to be at vs what they were actually at an hour later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #1135
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
It's too bad it takes the Whitecaps bringing a B squad to town to get this type of demand. Hopefully a few people get hooked and buy CPL tickets as well as a result...
Well, it helps that the Whitecaps have the cachet of being an established MLS club. But, the same old complaint still applies. This type of demand may well exist. Just not at the $80-$100 price points the Southerns are charging. Frankly, I'm impressed the $60 seats sell as well as they do.

Anyway, looking at it right now, the 200s and 400s are gone, as is 101/102 and 108/109. That's almost 2000 tickets alone. Probably another 700 or so in 103-107. There's also a "battlefield" SRO section by the visiting supporters sections that I don't recognize. Is that new, or did I just miss it?

And, most interestingly, the Officer's Club is showing no seats available. So either that isn't available yet, or some fat cats already sold that out. Which would be a first.

It's entirely possible that they sold 3000 tickets already. Same problem as usual with those middle sections though. Hopefully once those don't sell over the next 10 days or so they start offering some package ticket deals. Also, I find it silly that they make the grass berm a call-to-buy thing.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #1136
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 06-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #1137
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Just mentioning Ticketmaster makes me spit venom.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:44 AM   #1138
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sort of lost in the drama of today's ticket sales, but Saturday's game against the Forge has sold very well. Which will be nice seeings as how they potentially win the spring season that day.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 11:45 AM   #1139
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have very little doubt that the tiered release of tickets is a ticketmaster thing.

Bit discouraging, since it looked so good almost fully booked up. Hopefully word of mouth and advertising help fill the stadium for July 10th.

As Shermanator said, its a little unfortunate that it takes MLS (and likely a B team at that) to get casuals interested to pay more than $30 (because this really is a pretty good level of pro soccer), but if this helps build the base into the future, all the better.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderball For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 11:58 AM   #1140
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Goddamnit... I wanted to book some tickets in the supporters section (or the standing section atleast) and they're all sold out. I'm gonna wait for the Ship to sell their tickets.
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge