Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 03:03 PM   #941
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thinking of taking in the game tomorrow. Any thoughts on what I should wear? I have a Calgary rangers track jacket (blue), a striped Fluminense jersey and that's it for soccer gear.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #942
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Taking in my first game tomorrow with a few other first timers. We got tickets in 106 row 1... are we going to be too low to have a good vantage of the field?
Old 06-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #943
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
Thinking of taking in the game tomorrow. Any thoughts on what I should wear? I have a Calgary rangers track jacket (blue), a striped Fluminense jersey and that's it for soccer gear.

Come find me and I can let you use my seasons ticket discount card at the team store ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #944
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Taking in my first game tomorrow with a few other first timers. We got tickets in 106 row 1... are we going to be too low to have a good vantage of the field?
Row 1 isn't great, but if you don't like it there will probably be lots of empty seats higher up you can move to. Doesn't look like very high ticket sales for this game.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:57 PM   #945
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

There *might* be a thousand seats sold. You'll have no issue moving around if you need to, Weitz.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:12 PM   #946
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bringing 4 new people to the game tomorrow. Looks like 500 tickets have been sold at most.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:15 PM   #947
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_82 View Post
Bringing 4 new people to the game tomorrow. Looks like 500 tickets have been sold at most.

They also get quite a few walk-up tickets...I think it bypasses Ticketmaster charges

The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 09:19 PM   #948
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Jesus, almost a statistical zero sold for such an anticipated rematch.

I just don't see their vision of building a premium experience fan base ever catching. In a vacuum I can see how you might think you've built a great venue and experience (and they have), but outside your little vacuum you simply won't achieve what you think you can when MLS fans can watch their teams for less. You didn't miss the mark, you flew by it by 1000 miles.

I know many fans don't want to hear it anymore so I'll keep it to a minimum, but it is flat out bonkers, and so beyond frustrating. I'll pay my $10/mth to Onesoccer to do my part and to watch the games, but **** me.

Last edited by jayswin; 06-10-2019 at 10:00 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #949
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nm.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:16 PM   #950
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
They also get quite a few walk-up tickets...I think it bypasses Ticketmaster charges
May have to try that next time I go. Jimmy Stang & I bought two singles (with only two seats between us) in the Supporters' Section for the June 22 game against Forge. Hoping for sun and the opportunity to see Cavalry clinch the Spring Pennant or whatever its called.

I'd love to go to the match tomorrow, but taking a pass because I'm going to the Stamps game on Saturday and Cavalry on the following weekend. Single me would have seasons' tickets for both teams. Family me needs to find some balance and keep Mrs. Howie_16 happy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Howie_16 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 11:25 PM   #951
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

I declined the option to purchase my season ticket seats for tomorrow's game, but am still going with a few friends.

Check out how many seats are available. This is embarrassing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 11:37 PM   #952
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

There has been almost no publicity for this match. The Fan960 has been advertising that the next home game is June 22nd.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:38 AM   #953
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

By the looks of things a very small number of seasons ticket holders outside the supporter section optioned their tickets.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:43 AM   #954
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree, there has been no advertising for this match. That said, that is definitely embarrassing. Ticket prices need to be dropped, but c'mon... there's got to be more fan demand and commitment than that.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:47 AM   #955
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I don't know what could possibly drive this game to more ticket sales, but goddamn tell your friends and family that this will be one of the best games of the season! Lets help this club get all the attention it needs!
Old 06-11-2019, 08:51 AM   #956
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I agree, there has been no advertising for this match. That said, that is definitely embarrassing. Ticket prices need to be dropped, but c'mon... there's got to be more fan demand and commitment than that.
I mean I am going to my first game and I am excited, but I will be honest in that if the tickets and food/drink weren't free we wouldn't be going.

The prices are too high which has been discussed to death, but I think what isn't discussed enough is the location. For me to travel all the way there the tickets have to be cheap. Like $30 cheap.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 08:53 AM   #957
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I mean I am going to my first game and I am excited, but I will be honest in that if the tickets and food/drink weren't free we wouldn't be going.

The prices are too high which has been discussed to death, but I think what isn't discussed enough is the location. For me to travel all the way there the tickets have to be cheap. Like $30 cheap.
I'm doing the $30 tickets from the Ship tonight, so I hear you there. My thing about the location is this - it is far, you're right... but once you go to a couple games you realize it isn't all that bad. When I drive there I just listen to good music and enjoy the journey. Plus, the way that the grounds are set up, it's a really beautiful atmosphere once you get there!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 09:52 AM   #958
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I'm doing the $30 tickets from the Ship tonight, so I hear you there. My thing about the location is this - it is far, you're right... but once you go to a couple games you realize it isn't all that bad. When I drive there I just listen to good music and enjoy the journey. Plus, the way that the grounds are set up, it's a really beautiful atmosphere once you get there!
Very true. You have to treat it as a day out, and it really is a neat place. That being said, the distance is still a barrier for a lot of people. I live in Tuscany, so Spruce Meadows on a weekend requires a bit of planning and scheduling, but can be done. But Spruce Meadows on a weeknight? That's a big ask for a lot of the population. If lived in Silverado, I'd definitely consider moseying on over there on a weeknight.

The distance is an issue, but can be forgiven for a number of reasons. Real grass, neat venue, intimate setting, non-Flames owners but still able to provide stability, etc.

Cup matches are a funny beast though. Even in Europe, the early rounds of the cups are poorly attended because season ticket holders are asked to buy the tickets as each round progresses. Plans may have already been made, or the opponent isn't exciting, etc. The response in Europe is heavy discounts and it is seen as a way to get new, young supporters into the stands. Cavalry reduced prices very slightly for this one, but the starting point is already off the charts, and the "discounted" prices are still widely rejected as audacious.

I'm so cynical that, should we end up hosting the Whitecaps, I wouldn't be surprised if prices actually increased due to the novelty and the place ended up nearly empty.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 10:07 AM   #959
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

For those of us planning to hitch a ride (and snag a few beers) at Rose and Crown, what time does the bus leave? 6?
Old 06-11-2019, 10:29 AM   #960
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Very true. You have to treat it as a day out, and it really is a neat place. That being said, the distance is still a barrier for a lot of people. I live in Tuscany, so Spruce Meadows on a weekend requires a bit of planning and scheduling, but can be done. But Spruce Meadows on a weeknight? That's a big ask for a lot of the population. If lived in Silverado, I'd definitely consider moseying on over there on a weeknight.

The distance is an issue, but can be forgiven for a number of reasons. Real grass, neat venue, intimate setting, non-Flames owners but still able to provide stability, etc.

Cup matches are a funny beast though. Even in Europe, the early rounds of the cups are poorly attended because season ticket holders are asked to buy the tickets as each round progresses. Plans may have already been made, or the opponent isn't exciting, etc. The response in Europe is heavy discounts and it is seen as a way to get new, young supporters into the stands. Cavalry reduced prices very slightly for this one, but the starting point is already off the charts, and the "discounted" prices are still widely rejected as audacious.

I'm so cynical that, should we end up hosting the Whitecaps, I wouldn't be surprised if prices actually increased due to the novelty and the place ended up nearly empty.
FWIW if the Cavs host the Whitecaps I am taking a day off work if I need to. You'd have to roll me out of there when the game was over.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge