Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #1141
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Don't speak of Cavalry ticketing. Prices, strategies, etc. are all just fine. Nothing to see here. "We know what we are doing!"
If this is how you're going to be on Saturday, maybe you shouldn't come to the Rose & Crown. The supporters group are there to have fun.....

Last edited by shermanator; 06-18-2019 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:53 PM   #1142
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha, has this always been the thread title?

You'll get no salt from me, the tickets are worth every penny.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #1143
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
If this is how you're going to be on Saturday, maybe you shouldn't come to the Rose & Crown. The supporters group are there to have fun.....
I can assure you that Jimmy Stang is a fun guy to be around, and he is exactly the type of fan Cavalry FC needs to have on board if this team is going to survive in the long term. He has quite literally put his money where his mouth is in terms of supporting the club.

UP THE CAVS!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Howie_16 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #1144
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post

Don’t worry. I’m plenty of fun with impeccable manners, and can have a completely separate game day experience than my valid concerns re: ticketing and pricing.

I had already planned to find you at the pub and shove a beer in your hand (or mouth if you resist). You’ve been warned.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 02:24 PM   #1145
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Video on Saturday's game from the stands.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 02:33 PM   #1146
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got my tickets to my first Cavalry game against the Whitecaps!! Moving back to Calgary in a week and excited to cheer on the Cavalry. Section 404 row 1
The Following User Says Thank You to J epworth For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #1147
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sherman. You have single handedly got me psyched for this league so I get why you are defensive. You have done an unreal job building a grass roots foundation for the supporters.

Some of us are just so incredibly sick and tired of the ticket shenanigans. It's brutal and it's hurting an otherwise excellent team.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:45 PM   #1148
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
Sherman. You have single handedly got me psyched for this league so I get why you are defensive. You have done an unreal job building a grass roots foundation for the supporters.

Some of us are just so incredibly sick and tired of the ticket shenanigans. It's brutal and it's hurting an otherwise excellent team.
I get it, we all get it. Its been said. There is nothing that can be done about it for now. If talking about it makes you feel better, grab a pen and write a letter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #1149
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I get it, we all get it. Its been said. There is nothing that can be done about it for now. If talking about it makes you feel better, grab a pen and write a letter.
Isn't that why we have CalgaryPuck in the first place?!
Old 06-18-2019, 04:03 PM   #1150
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie_16 View Post
Isn't that why we have CalgaryPuck in the first place?!
Sure, CP is a venue for people to complain, and if you feel the urge complain away. It is just redundant that this horse gets beat to death, on every page. There is no debate, its like the Mike Smith sucks circle jerk, we've all agreed that the prices are not great. I really meant it, if you don't like it write a letter to the team, because what ever was going to come from complaining about it here has been accomplished.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 04:09 PM   #1151
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Sure, CP is a venue for people to complain, and if you feel the urge complain away. It is just redundant that this horse gets beat to death, on every page. There is no debate, its like the Mike Smith sucks circle jerk, we've all agreed that the prices are not great. I really meant it, if you don't like it write a letter to the team, because what ever was going to come from complaining about it here has been accomplished.
I don't disagree.
The Following User Says Thank You to Howie_16 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 04:17 PM   #1152
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default 2019 Cavalry FC season / ticket price venting thread

I actually felt that the dead horse was left alone for a good little while. It wasn’t until today when we saw the Cavalry return to their old tricks and miss a golden opportunity to get people out to arguably the most important game (for exposure) in their young existence.

They had a chance to try and pack the house with affordable tickets, and they returned to their original ticket pricing model while creating fabricated ticket shortage to scare people into buying more expensive tickets.

Every time someone types “Cavalry FC” into the search bar on ticketmaster for the first time, they have an opportunity for a fresh first impression....and every time that fan sees the cheapest available seat at $80-$100, they’ve lost a customer who will likely form negative opinions that will be tough to shake.

I’m confident that this match against the Whitecaps brought many first time prospective customers who closed the window with “you’ve got to be kidding”.

These Canadian Championships Games are all gravy and this was a missed opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #1153
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am a big fan of Nico Pasquotti. At 23 he is a promising player. So far he is easily my favourite Cav ( doesn't hurt that he was born in Alberta). His pace with the ball has lead to lots of Cavalry opportunities. In the 4 Canadian Championship games alone he has 3 assists. I look forward to seeing how his play transfers against an MLS side.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 04:22 PM   #1154
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Of course the pricing is a dead horse. What brought it back today was the ticket shenanigans and false demand being peddled by ticketmaster and/or Cavalry. This was new and frustrating.

This stuff hurts the club, and it pisses me off. People with money in hand weren’t able to buy tickets and/or were tricked into buying more expensive tickets. And then voila! Same sparse pattern as a league game. Sorry, but that’s not OK.

I have put my violin away about game day prices (until the off season). And then I go to buy some it turns into a 40-minute ordeal with fake sold out sections. Luckily I had the patience. Many others won’t.

I have had nothing but praise for Shermanator, the Foot Soldiers, the squad, the on-field product, etc. The front office needs to sort things out, and talking about it shouldn’t be taboo.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 04:31 PM   #1155
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

I assumed I'd need a ticket for my 3 year old and bought a single for Saturday's game against Forge so I could get my daughter in the door and have her just sit on my lap (I already had a pair).

It turns out I didn't need to do that, unlike for hockey games, the cutoff for kids is 3 and under are free on your lap.

I've got Sec 203, Row 6, Seat 3 up for grabs if anyone wants it. If you felt like buying me a beer to say thanks, I wouldn't say no, but otherwise it's free to the first person who speaks up.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:35 PM   #1156
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Marco Carducci has been a total dynamo this season. Its hard to believe that he already has 4 clean sheets and 17 saves, in only 6 games. Granted, he has had some good help on defence.

I don't think he has played a Can champ game yet, but you'd have to imagine that he will get the start against Vancouver.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 04:40 PM   #1157
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think you can count on Malonga to have one of his best efforts against the Whitecaps. Less walking/dawdling with a better defensive effort in their own zone. You have to think that a lot of the Cavs higher skilled players will be be using this as a showcase for the Whitecaps management...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 04:46 PM   #1158
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
I think you can count on Malonga to have one of his best efforts against the Whitecaps. Less walking/dawdling with a better defensive effort in their own zone. You have to think that a lot of the Cavs higher skilled players will be be using this as a showcase for the Whitecaps management...

I wonder if there will be a bit of a try out feel. I know that there are some connections between a few Cavalry and the Whitecaps. Mason Trafford played for them from 2008–2009, and Carducci spend some time in their program from 2013-2016.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:06 PM   #1159
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
At the same time Sherminator didn't help himself with the "It's too bad it takes the Whitecaps bringing a B squad to town to get this type of demand" comment, when we all know that demand is being suppressed by the ticket prices. Also, the shenanigans on Ticketmaster is going to be met with suspicion.

You're right that the prices are what they are for now. Which is why I think selling about 3000 tickets about an hour after public sale opened is pretty damn good. Looking like they might legitimately be close to 4000 now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 06:31 PM   #1160
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I am a big fan of Nico Pasquotti. At 23 he is a promising player. So far he is easily my favourite Cav ( doesn't hurt that he was born in Alberta). His pace with the ball has lead to lots of Cavalry opportunities. In the 4 Canadian Championship games alone he has 3 assists. I look forward to seeing how his play transfers against an MLS side.
He’s been excellent. I think he really drives the play forward and he has a lot of energy, because he making those full runs or chasing balls down late in the second half as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge