Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2015, 10:26 PM   #61
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh kiss my grits.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:27 PM   #62
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

should've challenged huff..
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:27 PM   #63
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

I cannot believe Huf did not challenge that play. Eskie player hit Parker before the ball came.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:28 PM   #64
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, all those times where we played just good enough have caught up with us tonight. Just came out on the wrong side of it this time.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:30 PM   #65
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brutal game. Too many blown coverage and offense was just awful. Can't really fault Mitchell as he doesn't have enough option. I cannot wait to see Jon Cornish back as Walter is not taking advantage of his opportunities. He probably one good game since Cornish went down.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:34 PM   #66
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Not gonna sweat this one a whole bunch, that Esk defense is stout and Calgary just didn't play very well. Some work to do on the O-Line once again as they were flat out owned most of the night.

8-3 is still a very good record. Regroup, get a full week of practice in and see what they can do against BC.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:36 PM   #67
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought kicking the ball was a penalty?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:42 PM   #68
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

what is this?

losing to an Edmonton sports team?

i dont like this feeling
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pizza For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2015, 10:51 PM   #69
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

For an elite QB, there is a lot of instances where Mitchell does not inspire confidence, i cringe when he throws the deep ball
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:12 PM   #70
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Icon26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
For an elite QB, there is a lot of instances where Mitchell does not inspire confidence, i cringe when he throws the deep ball
It doesn't help Parker gets blown off the ball by a stiff breeze at the best of times.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:44 AM   #71
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did they change the rule about leading with your helmet on tackles because JC Sherritt did it twice last night and both times no flag was thrown.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:01 PM   #72
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

I cannot stand losing to Riders or Eskimos so I was not very happy last night. Our defense I thought were good but they were very inconsistent in the 2nd half. They definitely missed Brandon Smith and his leadership in the game. Keon Raymond, Burnett and Bennett had a hard night getting burned in a few occassions. It was very unheard of Raymond making that many mistakes. DB also didn't capitalized on 3 of Reilly's mistakes. They could have intercepted the ball 3 times easily but the DB dropped an easy INT. Next game I guarantee defense will play much better. On offense, OLine struggled but can't really blame them as they keep losing players to injuries. I am not sure if Federkeil came back to the game after going down early. Mitchell is probably hoping Cornish comes back next game. Teams are starting to key on Mitchell throwing the ball a lot because the running game is not very effective. No offense to Walter but he seems to want to run the ball the way Messam runs the ball with power. He is a small guy and not very fast and he does not the slick move Cornish have. Special team is our weakest link on this team. Punter Rob Maver and lately K Rene Paredes are the ones being consistent. Special team just commits way too many penalties and it is getting annoying. Tim Brown gets a good return but it keeps coming back because of the illegal block or holding. The problem was most of those penalties are unnecessary because Brown already gained a good chunk of yards. Last night two penalties by special team gave Edmonton the ball back. I can't really blame them on one of them because ref blew that call. Sean Whyte would have win Best Actor in the Academy awards for that dive. Special Team wasn't really noticeable before because the Stamps were winning but it is time for Mark Kilam to get the special teamers to watch the films and start penalizing the players making so many dumb penalties.
I am sure the Stamps will bounce back next game as they always do after a bad lost. By the way, now that Chris Jones finally won against the Stamps, did he shake Huf's hand or run away again? I didn't see the end of the game.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #73
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
By the way, now that Chris Jones finally won against the Stamps, did he shake Huf's hand or run away again? I didn't see the end of the game.

TSN cut away just as they were approaching each other, it looked like they did though.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eskimos , labour day rematch , slaughter , stampeders , stamps