Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2017, 11:12 PM   #221
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Joe leaving sweeps four CP players out with him, Pool A losing bigtmac19 and Cheese, and Pool B losing Rhettzky and jkflames

The second half was much better than the first. Devon continues to impress.

Anyone else wonder just how 'random' that 'random' team pick was? Sure seemed like the "littles vs the muscles". Jeff's comment of "That bag weighs more than him!" to Ryan had me laughing.

Though to be fair, and a touch petty, when Devon and Ben made it first to the word part of the Immunity challenge, part of me wondered "Either of them know of any words that have more than 10 letters in them?" I will also grant that in their place, I'd likely blank on words, too.

I really thought that they were going to blindside Ben. I can see their point about him getting in front of a jury. He's done dang near everything in the game so far, plotting-wise, it seems. I have to wonder if a jury that didn't vote for him would be sour grapes only.

The game is definitely getting good!
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:30 AM   #222
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

re:mile

JP is one of those players that goes pretty far but really for no reason. I guess besides he was useless, so you might as well keep him around. A lot of episodes I really forgot he was there. He didn't do.......anything.

And I agree, Joe was pretty good after the elimination. Took it very well.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2017, 11:13 AM   #223
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Were Devon/Ashley/Ben/Lauren that good or was Joe that dumb for thinking he was completely safe?

Easy for me to say watching it unfold, but I wasn't buying any of Ben's act, but I guess the others were.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:55 PM   #224
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

JP's Ponderosa

I dunno, this seems to me to be one of the most boring Ponderosa vid's that I've seen. JP just doesn't seem like an interesting person at all.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #225
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Joe's Ponderosa

I'm not really sure what I was expecting...but this wasn't it.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:27 AM   #226
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think they should have done Ben in. If he makes it to the final, he's got the great acting bit on his resume, plus being "King Arthur". He also has an idol and is no slouch in challenges. Funny that he got Ryan to play his idol, too.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:06 AM   #227
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure how to describe it but I'm not really into this season. Maybe...I don't know..it seems like this has been a really cerebral game by almost everyone and it just doesn't seem to be translating to the screen.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #228
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I think they should have done Ben in. If he makes it to the final, he's got the great acting bit on his resume, plus being "King Arthur". He also has an idol and is no slouch in challenges. Funny that he got Ryan to play his idol, too.
Depends on what kind of jury it is... I mean if it's an emotionally detached jury and Ben makes it to the end he wins. If he's facing an emotionally charged jury? He's 50-50.

I think keeping Ben was the right call last week but they'd be foolish to keep him from here on out. Now if I'm Ben here's what I do...

1: Switch sides this week get out Devon (at least float the idea past Lauren so she doesn't get to pissed).
2: Convince Lauren to use her extra vote to take out Ryan or Chrissy (Chrissy by preference)
3: Make an FTC deal with Ashley & Mike, If it's a F3 and I think it is this will be your last chance to use it, use it on yourself if you don't have the necklace use it to idol out Lauren if you do (Like Twinie did in San Juan Del Sur). Either way get out Lauren.
4: Win F4 Immunity or hope that Ashley & Mike are dumb enough to honor that deal if they win... but really you're way more likely then they to win the challenge. Vote out Ryan
5: Tell them how to spell your name on the million dollar cheque.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #229
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I won't spoil anything, but great tribal! It was chaos, next week is going to be crazy.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2017, 10:07 PM   #230
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

worst reward challenge ever.

Total implosion by that alliance, that completely broke the game wide open for Chrissy and Ryan to make a comeback. At least Lauren owned her mistakes with the idol and extra vote. But wow, a little paranoia and now Devon, Ben, and Ashley are in a worse position than they were before.

Ben didn't hesitate to turn on Lauren at all, even though they seemed quite close before.
I think he's going to have to pull a Mike Holloway and win the rest of the immunities to get to the end and win. But things are so crazy now though, it wouldn't surprise me if Chrissy and Ben got back together and he survives another week lol.

Not sure if Ben gets to the end that he will win. I think he's pissed off a lot of people enough to make them bitter.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:12 PM   #231
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lauren leaving takes calgarybornnraised and Bootsy out of Pool A, and Yoho and northcrunk out of Pool B

Wow, what a tribal! What a mess! What a boneheaded move by Lauren! I mean, I can understand it, but still think it's a stupid move. I am pretty impressed with Mike just chucking it in the fire, though.

Ben sneaks through another week. Gonna be interesting to see him hustle, for sure.

That was a pretty unimpressive Reward Challenge, but I guess if you are going to involved loved ones, there's not much more you can do. Don't really want to get physical with them.

Gonna be interesting to see where it goes from here. They have to get smart and get rid of Ben soon, right...right?
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2017, 06:21 AM   #232
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was hoping Lauren had given him a random shell, not the immunity one and she'd pull out her proper idol to save herself. Not that smart, I guess.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #233
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I was hoping Lauren had given him a random shell, not the immunity one and she'd pull out her proper idol to save herself. Not that smart, I guess.
Or get off her duff and get it out if the fire.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:57 PM   #234
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Laruen's Ponderosa

Old 12-07-2017, 02:52 PM   #235
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I was hoping that too. Would have been a good move. She played it terrible :-(
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #236
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

she had played a strong game thus far and was a reasonable threat in the challenges. She had a shot at winning.

No idea why she'd hand over that shell.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:32 PM   #237
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stephen Fishbach said on twitter that Lauren should've grabbed the shell from the fire and I agree. It'd be so worth it, plus medical would probably come in immediately to treat her.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:21 AM   #238
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lauren had the extra vote in her pocket. The only advantage left in the game is Chrissy’s void idol.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:00 AM   #239
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
Lauren had the extra vote in her pocket. The only advantage left in the game is Chrissy’s void idol.
Lauren said she left the extra vote back at camp; not sure if that's true of course, but it likely would have saved her.
trackercowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #240
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Lauren said she left the extra vote back at camp; not sure if that's true of course, but it likely would have saved her.
She had it with her. She said so on her RHAP exit interview.