Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2020, 12:52 PM   #101
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragomir View Post
With how badly our top 6 played last night the doom & gloom is warranted from everyone. The issue isn’t so much the loss but how outplayed they got for the first 40, similar to last year.
It's almost like some games go better than others, and there are games where a team plays well, and games where the team doesn't play as well.

Conversely, maybe you are right and as soon as they have one bad game, we can just assume all remaining games for the rest of the season will be terrible, so we can all just go home.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 01:06 PM   #102
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Liked Bennett in front of the net on the PP last night and hope we see it again today. I suggested it during the Wpg series, but not many people agreed.

Obviously, when Tkachuk is back (hopefully tonight) he will resume in that spot, but I would like to see Bennett on PP2.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:09 PM   #103
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The Flames are still very capable of winning this series but the guys who are paid very well to be difference makers really need to step up their game (Gaudreau, Gio, Mony, Lindy) Hopefully Tkachuk is in cause he is a very important player to the team in every way and he had a huge target on his back last game. Flames need to answer this. Without the first line contributing or at the very least not being a negative factor, this will be a tough series to win.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1_Flames_Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 01:15 PM   #104
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:
Default Game 3. Stars @ Flames at 8:30 on CBC

1-1 coming “home” tonight

Could be worse.

GFG
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:17 PM   #105
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boy are the pitchforks ever going to be out if they lose this one.
mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #106
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Tkachuk a "gametime decision".
https://twitter.com/user/status/1294352522417598464

No surprise with the lack of clarity.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #107
schteve_d
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Tkachuk a "gametime decision".
https://twitter.com/user/status/1294352522417598464

No surprise with the lack of clarity.

I kind of suspect that translates to we will not be seeing him tonight. I've just got a feeling. That did not look good when he went off the ice last night.
schteve_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #108
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames need better goaltending, and crisper plays from just about everybody not named Bennett, Dube, lucic.

The stars have been amazing at giving up next to nothing defensively, and mucking the puck around along the boards in the flames zone. Both teams have a similar game blueprint. Whichever team can establish their forecheck for longer is likely to win.

Go flames go!
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:26 PM   #109
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Here’s what I’m hoping for if Tkachuk is out

Gaudreau Monahan Mangiapane
Ryan Backlund Lindholm
Lucic Bennett Dube
Quine Jankowski Rieder
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 01:26 PM   #110
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If Tkachuk is out tonight then I want to see that top line split up.

Something like this:

Gaudreau - Lindholm - Robinson
Lucic - Bennett - Dube
Rieder - Monahan - Ryan
Janko - Backlund - Mangiapane

I know this has never been a thing, but I really like spreading things out a bit. I think that Bennett's line needs to stay together. Lindholm can play center and is good at it, maybe it will help spark him a bit, he has been very quiet so far this round of the playoffs.

Monahan could use a guy like Ryan to do the digging and hopefully get away from top line matchups and Rieder can fly and dig pucks out as well.

Obviously with home ice and getting last change, things will be different for the coach compared to the last two games, so maybe we don't see much change from our traditional lines.

I think it would be difficult for the Stars to match these forward lines. Play Bennett's line like the 1st line and it should free up the other lines to get away from the stars best forwards and top D pairings.

Oh and start Rittich, gotta see what we got from him. I watched the highlights from last night and those goals on Talbot were weak, it wasn't good. If Rittich struggles then we back to Talbot I guess for game 4. His rebound control was terrible.

I think we can win tonight, gotta keep finishing checks.

Here is hoping Matthew is ok and can go tonight. Bold prediction, 4-0 shutout for Rittich tonight.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:26 PM   #111
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like the Flames have dominated 4 of 6 games which they won out scoring their opponents 17-5. In their 2 losses they were outplayed in game 2’s and have been out scored 8-6.

Tonight will be another big statement game for the team one way or another. I hope they keep making that statement they are here to stay these playoffs .
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:35 PM   #112
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
No reason to bump talbot. Yes he let in a softy but the flames only had like 8 shots by mid 2nd. Hard to blame goaltending for yesterday’s loss
Before last night he was leading the entire playoffs in sv %. You absolutely go back to him. He wasn't his best last night, but he's earned the right to redeem himself. As much as I like Rittich, he hasn't played a game yet and I could easily see him having a down game at the worst time. Keep playing Talbot unless it becomes a trend.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:50 PM   #113
OldSam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Totally interested in seeing what team shows up tonight. Jekyll...or Hyde. Go Flames.
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:52 PM   #114
Red_Baron
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just find a way to win.

I'm fine with either goalie starting, Rittch has come up big against the stars this year and Talbot had been solid until the softies in this series but has otherwise made some key saves.

Hoping the officials keep a better eye out for Benn's dirty POS plays and we kill them with the powerplay.
Red_Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:55 PM   #115
IrishSpring2013
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

13 and 23 need to be split up. Don't know how the lines shake up but they need to not play together. Give Gaudreau his powerplay time but put him on the left side of Ryan for all I care. He's not getting anything done.
IrishSpring2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 02:07 PM   #116
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Keep seeing so many people ripping on Johnny, but what about Sean Monahan? Johnny at least had 4 shots on goal and ended up with an assist and a even plus minus. Monahan had zero shots, a giveaway and was a -1. He has one shot in the two games vs Dallas. If Gaudreau is considered a no show then what are we calling Monahan?

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 02:10 PM   #117
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

We aren't starved for offense. We're scoring enough goals, its about keeping up the intensity and defensive checking for 60 minutes again.

No need to mess with the lines just to kick start johnjy/mony. Winning is the goal and we can do so just with their PP contributions if need be.

We have a blueprint, just stick to it. GFG
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 02:15 PM   #118
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Really loving bouncing between threads each focused on trashing the #### out of one or two players, only for someone in a thread that isn't focused entirely on trashing a player "Hey.... WHY IS NO ONE TRASHING THIS PLAYER?"

Look around. It's been 18 hours of rabid dogs. I don't think anybody outside of Lucic and Andersson has been spared at least a light thrashing. Find the right thread, and you'll find whoever you're looking for on the trade block. Especially if they're one of our top 10 players.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 02:20 PM   #119
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Really loving bouncing between threads each focused on trashing the #### out of one or two players, only for someone in a thread that isn't focused entirely on trashing a player "Hey.... WHY IS NO ONE TRASHING THIS PLAYER?"

Look around. It's been 18 hours of rabid dogs. I don't think anybody outside of Lucic and Andersson has been spared at least a light thrashing. Find the right thread, and you'll find whoever you're looking for on the trade block. Especially if they're one of our top 10 players.
Except Jankowski
WHAT ABOUT MARK JANKOWSKI!!!!
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 02:24 PM   #120
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope they decrease Gio's playing time...getting too old and too slow to handle the number one pairing work load.
redforever is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post: