Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2018, 01:58 PM   #301
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
“I’m not ready to give last rites.”
Denial is a hell of a drug.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:03 PM   #302
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Yeah I’d prefer if the GM were publically as emotional as a fan. He should not only proclaim the season over but also say how certain players suck and that everything is terrible all the time.

Seriously? Who expects the GM to say anything else? What kind of loser mentality is that. Get a grip, we’d all be absolutely ripping the Oilers GM if he came out and said “yup we better pack it in.”
I'm fine with what Treliving said. Until they are mathematically eliminated there should never be a message from the top that it's over as that signals they can pack it in as that's a slippery slope that can take you into long term Oilers futility. They should be taking things one game at a time focusing on winning the next game as it's their job not to quit. Fans on the other hand can do as they please.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 02:05 PM   #303
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouw N Arrow View Post
We have been one of the best teams in the league the last 20 games. btw - It wasn’t going to be an easy night for The Flames.

Still not out, and honestly Flames fans need some damn perspective. You’re still very close to a playoff position.

Relax
What are you talking about? Do you know how the playoff odds work? Do you know that we have to jump MULTIPLE teams as the season winds down?

How can you say that with a straight face?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 02:23 PM   #304
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
What are you talking about? Do you know how the playoff odds work? Do you know that we have to jump MULTIPLE teams as the season winds down?

How can you say that with a straight face?
He is a Yotes fan...when he says WE he means the Yotes

Flames need to run the table...better chance than some teams I guess lol
Old 03-20-2018, 02:27 PM   #305
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We have been one of the best teams in the league the last 20 games. btw - It wasn’t going to be an easy night for The Flames.

Still not out, and honestly Flames fans need some damn perspective. You’re still very close to a playoff position.

Relax
It's easy to relax when your team was out of playoff contention a long time ago.

And no, we are not one of the best teams in the last 20 games if you cannot win very many of them. We're an average team at best, it'll be an interesting offseason.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #306
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
It's easy to relax when your team was out of playoff contention a long time ago.

And no, we are not one of the best teams in the last 20 games if you cannot win very many of them. We're an average team at best, it'll be an interesting offseason.
He is a coyotes fan. He was talking about the Yotes.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:57 PM   #307
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post

I know he's a Coyotes fans, my response was to him as a Coyotes fan.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:39 PM   #308
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitdown View Post
There's no way our pick winning is the best case scenario. If any other Eastern team won it, our rivals wouldn't get it AND we don't have to endure the ridicule of trading away a phenomenal pick.

IMO, our pick winning is likely the 3rd worst scenario...just behind the Oilers or Canucks winning it. Arizona winning would be pretty close as they're in our division...but they aren't a cap team so it wouldn't be a horrible landing spot.
I guess it's better to say our pick staying out East is best case scenario given the circumstances. And since the Isles are out East and we play them twice per year, it truly is best case if they win the lottery from the Flames' perspective. I don't give a crap about being ridiculed by some internet posters or 'experts' in the media. Missing the playoffs and not having any top draft picks is ridicule enough. But since the Isles aren't likely trading that pick, I sure as heck hope they win the lottery and not a Western team.

I get it. It sucks we don't have that pick and with the team free falling, it very well might be a good pick. But in terms of winning the lottery...

1) Edmonton
2) Vancouver
3) Any other Pacific team
4) Any Western team
5) Eastern team

This is the hierarchy of horribleness IMO.

If the Isles win it, we play them twice a year. It won't affect us in the standings like it would a Western team getting it. And with Edmonton having a horseshoe up their ass at the draft lottery...
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:43 PM   #309
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Quote:

But it’s still hell of a chance. I can see it on both sides, don’t want to get your hopes up and all that... But you can still have fun this season. Why can’t you jump some teams?

It’s a fun time of year when anything can happen.
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #310
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
But it’s still hell of a chance. I can see it on both sides, don’t want to get your hopes up and all that... But you can still have fun this season. Why can’t you jump some teams?

You know it's almost the end of the season, eh?
Old 03-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #311
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So there I was at lunch, when I looked at the Points total and the Flames have 8 games left. Fantastic, this train wreck is coming to a close. Soon it will be the sounds of spring as players drag their bags out of the dressing room, we get that end of year press conference.

Then we sit there and see the sad video of a ice less saddledome.

So when does the conflagration of hockey failure come to a close.?

Yeah, three gosh darned (not my original choice of words) weeks.

Seriously we have pretty much three weeks of un-inpiring who gives a crap hockey.

Can't we have a grading scandal or a steroid scandal where we have to forfeit the rest of the games?

Sorry they're ineligible because of a sock foul.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:58 PM   #312
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Im starting to wonder if Burke brought his winning attitude from Toronto, BT from Arizona, and GG from Vancouver to Calgary.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:05 PM   #313
PuckFather
Draft Pick

Quote:

Relax
Thank you but no thanks.
PuckFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:07 PM   #314
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
If Gully is back next season I can see fans turning away in droves. No way are we going tolerate another year of 50/50 accomplish nothing hockey.
I have already decided that I will not be buying tickets or merchandise until Gulutzan is gone. I went to one game this year, I bought tickets in September for a game in October. The game where the Flames lost 6-0 to Ottawa at home. It left a bad taste in my mouth and I decided to wait a while before I would go to anymore games. As the season progressed I decided to not bother this year. A couple of weeks ago I decided I won't bother as long as Gulutzan is coach.

Players have to take a lot of the blame too, but Gulutzan doesn't seem to do enough to hold the players accountable or even give them a chance to perform well.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:29 PM   #315
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It's kinda funny you show up in recent days after boasting about the Yotes all summer and then disappearing.

Hard to take you seriously...kinda seems like passive trolling. 1% chance at the playoffs is not exciting.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:09 PM   #316
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Quote:
It's kinda funny you show up in recent days after boasting about the Yotes all summer and then disappearing.

Hard to take you seriously...kinda seems like passive trolling. 1% chance at the playoffs is not exciting.
I only said Raanta would have better stats than Smith.. so far I’m right. Ditto on the Smith knee injury, and it was his knee..

But anyways, suit yourselves. I’d trade you guys seasons any day
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:14 PM   #317
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I only said Raanta would have better stats than Smith.. so far I’m right. Ditto on the Smith knee injury, and it was his knee..

You said more than that...and where were you all season? Including the times the Yotes paid Mike Smith to beat them lol

half the leagues starting goalies get injured over the course of a season...its not like you went out on a limb
Old 03-20-2018, 09:18 PM   #318
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
half the leagues starting goalies get injured over the course of a season...its not like you went out on a limbi
No... but Smith sure did!
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 10:27 PM   #319
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I don't think you know where the knee is
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote