Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-22-2018, 08:43 AM   #81
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
https://twitter.com/AmalieBenjamin/s...99055601668096

@AmalieBenjamin: As a number of people have pointed out, Iginla is wearing an @AHLBruins jersey, LA Kings pants and an Avalanche helmet. I assume his heart belongs to Calgary. But no Penguins love?
He kept Crosby's teeth.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:53 AM   #82
danny darko
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
lol, you obviously have zero reading comprehension. What you said is crystal clear.

In addition to that, you've conveniently not answered anything else I've pointed out to you that pokes holes in your contention and illustrates your intention to stymie any discussion about this topic calling anyone who does so sad.

Great contributions.

Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I don't think the Flames have a grudge against him, the opposite actually.

Perhaps when he said "the opposite actually" he was suggesting that the Flames do not have a grudge against Iginla, in fact they feel the complete opposite way about him. Not saying that the Flames don't have a grudge against him, he has a grudge against them..

Only briefly skimmed through your comments going back and forth, not sure if this resolves anything
danny darko is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danny darko For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 09:33 AM   #83
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/966696573827678208
Old 02-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #84
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Monahan would of put those in we already have a better garbage man JK.
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:36 AM   #85
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny darko View Post
I don't think the Flames have a grudge against him, the opposite actually.

Perhaps when he said "the opposite actually" he was suggesting that the Flames do not have a grudge against Iginla, in fact they feel the complete opposite way about him. Not saying that the Flames don't have a grudge against him, he has a grudge against them..

Only briefly skimmed through your comments going back and forth, not sure if this resolves anything
Exactly. I thought it was pretty straight forward. The opposite of something existing is something not existing. I guess the misunderstanding was that of one of the most elementary concepts in our language. The word grudge is a noun, therefore the opposite of a grudge is no grudge.

He must have thought I meant vice versa or something. The opposite of apples isn’t oranges, it’s no apples. The opposite of holding a grudge (which I never inferred anyway) is not holding a grudge. It’s not “someone else holding a grudge”.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 02-22-2018 at 11:11 AM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #86
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/966736493275439105
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 11:12 AM   #87
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks for the lovely PM you sent me. I have to post my response here because you said you would delete the replies before reading them. I am worried about your well being, things will get better for you. There is help out there. I know you said that you wouldn't read the responses, I just want you to be safe and I truly mean that. It's important that you know people can help. Rage issues can be managed and if a discussion board makes you feel the need to PM someone with a sling of personal insults and no opportunity for rebuttal, it is probably time to take a step back. There is a whole world out there with important issues worth crying about, and Iginla's future plans is not one of them.
Dude, he took it to PM. No need to keep pouring it into this thread.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:15 AM   #88
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly. I thought it was pretty straight forward. The opposite of something existing is something not existing. I guess the misunderstanding was that of one of the most elementary concepts in our language. The word grudge is a noun, therefore the opposite of a grudge is no grudge.

He must have thought I meant vice versa or something. The opposite of apples isn’t oranges, it’s no apples. The opposite of holding a grudge (which I never inferred anyway) is not holding a grudge. It’s not “someone else holding a grudge”.
I suppose if you are a hammer, all you see are nails.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:22 AM   #89
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Oh man, can the new arena in 2028 be named the Dunkin Donuts something-or-other, or maybe Chuck-E Cheese, since Tkachuk may be captaining the team then?

Much more fun than Scotiabank or Rogers.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:29 PM   #90
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/966756206621716481
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 12:30 PM   #91
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Yeah its happening.

Edit: And the trade to create roster room between Boston/Florida re-enforces this line of thinking

Last edited by Toonage; 02-22-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 01:02 PM   #92
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

He already knows lol. Just has to keep a tight lip.
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kukkudo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 10:59 PM   #93
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/966779462930042880

Quote:
Does he think he could be ready to step into an NHL game in a week?

"I do," said Iginla, who had hip surgery four months ago and last played in an NHL game April 9. "We've been pushing it for a while. So shapewise, definitely. I need a few more practices as far as down low and the hands and stuff. But shapewise I was happy with that because sometimes if you don't hit it right, if you don't practice, sometimes in training camp you just get so tired when you're doing the drills you can't think, and I didn't feel [like that]."
Quote:
"I'd have to go skate with a team probably pretty quick," Iginla said. "There's four days left. I've talked to different teams, whether the opportunities, the weekend it's kind of moving stuff, teams are all working on different things. I'll talk to my agent today and see what it is. They'd probably have to get a quick look."
https://www.nhl.com/news/jarome-igin...un/c-296242158

Last edited by Machiavelli; 02-22-2018 at 11:03 PM.
Machiavelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Machiavelli For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 11:05 PM   #94
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go Iggy go!
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:26 PM   #95
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stemit14 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stemit14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 11:28 PM   #96
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I hope he gets to play for a cup favorite, but I also hope the flames organization extends him an offer.

He's a real gem, and while he might not have a lot to offer anymore, he's also not going to hurt the team by taking a line up spot from someone like stajan or lazar or Brouwer.

In light of the quality of players on calgary's fourth line, not offering a hope - even if it's a fool's hope - to the best player to ever late up for your organization and the face of the franchise for over a decade is a real #### move. This is effectively the last wishes of an old man. Extend the olive branch for ####s sake. Consider too, that without iginla, the flames would have been that much closer to moving.

I would 100% interpret a lack of offer as another black mark against the edwards ownership era.
GullFoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:43 PM   #97
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
I hope he gets to play for a cup favorite, but I also hope the flames organization extends him an offer.

He's a real gem, and while he might not have a lot to offer anymore, he's also not going to hurt the team by taking a line up spot from someone like stajan or lazar or Brouwer.

In light of the quality of players on calgary's fourth line, not offering a hope - even if it's a fool's hope - to the best player to ever late up for your organization and the face of the franchise for over a decade is a real #### move. This is effectively the last wishes of an old man. Extend the olive branch for ####s sake. Consider too, that without iginla, the flames would have been that much closer to moving.

I would 100% interpret a lack of offer as another black mark against the edwards ownership era.
You could look at it that way...

I think that Iginla and the team also look at the expectations of the fans and what his legacy means to the team. If Iginla comes out and has hands of stone, and is somewhat of a liability to this team, what does it mean benching him in favor of someone that can help more? What happens if he becomes responsible for a few loses with missed 'easy chances', or loses his man for a game winning goal?

Fans are fickle. At the start of the season, the Dome was chanting Brodie. Now it seems they want to launch him into the sun. It is a lot easier for the team and Iginla to accept being benched and not looking great out there on a different team that doesn't have that kind of history. I think that Burke alluded to that in one of his season ticket holder meetings when he said something like: "It is difficult to bring back a player that meant so much to the franchise."

Just a different viewpoint. There are many ways to look at it. Besides, it is probably a moot point anyway - Iginla wants to win a cup desperately. I do hope one of the favorites brings him on-board.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:56 PM   #98
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
"For the love of GOD, just LET the BOY be part of your PLAYOFF RUN!!!"

( *Paraphrased. )

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/ch...-snl/83208550/
drewtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:08 AM   #99
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who started the phrase “launch x into the sun”?
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:15 AM   #100
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

My guess is Boston at league minimum. If that doesn't happen then it's not happening at all.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote