Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2021, 11:15 AM   #121
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFan View Post
That was a good hockey game. Flames deserved better but I am glad the Jets pulled through. At moments it was a fast paced quality game. Both goalies played well, other than Lucic trying to slow down a game he no longer belongs in, I loved it. Mangiopane is a beast and Scheifele has significantly degraded.
I strongly disagree with your Lucic assessment. He plays just fine. Obviously the hit wasn't great but he's not known as a dirty player. I think he should have beaten up Stanley for being so ugly.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:21 AM   #122
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
I strongly disagree with your Lucic assessment. He plays just fine. Obviously the hit wasn't great but he's not known as a dirty player. I think he should have beaten up Stanley for being so ugly.
Hahahaha fair enough. I am also a Flames fan and used to love the Looch. However, I feel he is nearing his expiry date and the best before date passed w little while ago. That being said the Flames are consistent and driven this year. IPP be happy to see where they go.
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:28 AM   #123
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hahahaha fair enough. I am also a Flames fan and used to love the Looch. However, I feel he is nearing his expiry date and the best before date passed w little while ago. That being said the Flames are consistent and driven this year. IPP be happy to see where they go.
Lucic IMO has been one of the seven best forwards on the roster this year. Top six, and then Lucic.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2021, 11:33 AM   #124
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He's looked 1000 times better than Wheeler this year...
Old 11-28-2021, 11:41 AM   #125
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lucic has been great this year, he is super involved and every shift, regardless of his aging physicality is able to finish hard checks, centre pucks and doesn't mind to throw down to fire the team up if needed. He's the definition of a team player and great for keeping the other team in check. I haven't seen too much top line liberties taken by other teams recently, which has normally not been the case.

Scrappy is Darryl Sutter style hockey, not making it easy for the other teams.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarywinning For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2021, 12:10 PM   #126
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
He's looked 1000 times better than Wheeler this year...
I cant name a player who Wheeler has looked better than so I'm not sure your point here.
Old 11-28-2021, 12:45 PM   #127
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I feel if this was swapped with the Chicago game where they were leaving it all out there to finish off that stretch we would've won.

Flames have an issue with coming off breaks and executing.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2021, 01:04 PM   #128
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegCityFlamesFan View Post
I cant name a player who Wheeler has looked better than so I'm not sure your point here.
He said that Lucic was washed up and the fast pace of the game has past him by.

So Wheeler in the AHL by Xmas?
Old 11-28-2021, 01:19 PM   #129
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
He said that Lucic was washed up and the fast pace of the game has past him by.

So Wheeler in the AHL by Xmas?
Hopefully on the 3rd line and 2nd powerplay but he must have dirt on Chevy and Pomo because he gets whatever he wants.
Old 11-28-2021, 01:47 PM   #130
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Quote:
That was a good hockey game. Flames deserved better but I am glad the Jets pulled through. At moments it was a fast paced quality game. Both goalies played well, other than Lucic trying to slow down a game he no longer belongs in, I loved it. Mangiopane is a beast and Scheifele has significantly degraded.

Weird I thought that was one of the sloppier games I’ve watched this season. On both sides
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 01:59 PM   #131
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 11-28-2021, 04:41 PM   #132
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Lucic is on pace for 20 goals this season which is actually hard to believe and likely won't happen, but his game is hardly past expiry. He's definitely overpaid, but he's still a gamer in the playoffs. His abilities may not be suited for the fast pace run and gun of 2021, but when the game slows down and physicality ramps up in the post season, I think that's where he'll shine.
Classic_Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:39 PM   #133
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Second in person game of the year. 0-2 .

One thing you notice in person is how good Tanev is. Just great a covering the bottom corners of the slot.

Flames were almost laughably better in the first period, it was a little more even in the 2nd & 3rd. too bad the bounces didn't go right.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote