Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2021, 11:04 AM   #101
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
You are over-reacting to a couple of tidbit reports because it suits your narrative. We have no idea what a deal would have looked liked with him included. If it was even possible at all.

Comparing this to Hull, who is a player the Flames ACTUALLY had is silly.

I guess we can look forward to you complaining about this and your hyperbole for years, unless the Flames win a cup.
That’s right, correct.

Always a reason not to do something.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 11:07 AM   #102
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm convinced the only reason the Flames were included in rumors was to drive traffic to articles. It's a go to hockey media marketing strategy.
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 11:09 AM   #103
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

We have a big splashy star in Calgary. IMO we have two of them. People talk about Tkachuk and Gaudreau everywhere. They are playing at that Elite level this year.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 11:16 AM   #104
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

The meltdown is going to happen when the Flames and Knights meet in the playoffs this year. Every time Eichel scores there will be a chorus of moaning on CP.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 11:17 AM   #105
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Definitely not fodder. I will be absolutely shocked if they get steam rolled like in the Avs series.

Could definitely lose a close series though. Especially if they run into a team like Vegas who are no slouches at two way hockey themselves, already have multiple deep runs under their belts, and might just be adding an elite 1C to their roster just in time for the playoffs.
An elite 1C coming off of major surgery, and who will not have played any hockey at all for more than a full year. Something tells me that Jack Eichel will not hit the ground running, and then after what could realistically be a very disappointing playoffs in VGK (if they even make it in) that team will be dismantled in the off season.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 11:21 AM   #106
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

God you would think being 3rd in the league 1/4 in with no signs of letting up, would shut the hell up about Eichel...
Old 12-03-2021, 11:45 AM   #107
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
The meltdown is going to happen when the Flames and Knights meet in the playoffs this year. Every time Eichel scores there will be a chorus of moaning on CP.
Justified moaning.

Yep.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:48 AM   #108
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
God you would think being 3rd in the league 1/4 in with no signs of letting up, would shut the hell up about Eichel...
or about Giordano, for that matter
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 11:51 AM   #109
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
or about Giordano, for that matter
No kidding! what kind of loser starts a Bring back Gio thread??!! lol
Old 12-03-2021, 11:53 AM   #110
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Course I prob don't have much love for Eichel. For the draft and his entire rookie season I thought his name was Jake Eichel...
Old 12-03-2021, 12:12 PM   #111
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Justified moaning.

Yep.
Isn’t justified because we don’t know if they actually had a path to acquire him
But moan away. It’s your right
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 01:26 PM   #112
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Isn’t justified because we don’t know if they actually had a path to acquire him
But moan away. It’s your right
I’ll only piss and moan about it if you promise to discuss it honestly with me in the future once we see how things work out.

Also so disingenuous to say we had no idea what happened come on now. We know plenty about what happened.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:30 PM   #113
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
If you have a gander at contract status this our last chance for a long while to win a Cup.

You aren’t re-signing this forward core. Better pray they win it all this year, I guess because we are in for a rebuild. Plus Sutter is older than God and only one year left and he really is the X factor let’s be real. You think veteran biased Sutter is gonna want to hang around for a rebuild??

Do you think Eichel would have been good for the future? This is fundamentally the risk based question and the rest of the discussion is window dressing.

I get that people don’t want to re-visit the discussion (…then… don’t?) however this will absolutely come up for many future years by many different people for a long time given the context of everything so I’d buckle up if I were you.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:30 PM   #114
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I’ll only piss and moan about it if you promise to discuss it honestly with me in the future once we see how things work out.

Also so disingenuous to say we had no idea what happened come on now. We know plenty about what happened.
We don't KNOW a whole bunch, except what the deal actually was. There's been a ton of speculation though. Some of which has been flatly denied.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 01:36 PM   #115
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Like what exactly? From the Flames perspective.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 01:42 PM   #116
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Well we know he was available and being shopped.

We know the assets the Flames have. We know the contract status, and we know the Flames have not had an elite number one center in 30 years, and we know the Flames franchise record since about that time. We also know that Vegas got him, and they are a division rival.

We have a strong inclination that Treliving was talking to Buffalo about how to make it work. Also based on rumours, we have a (very I’d say) strong inclination that the Flames were either runner up or one of the last teams involved.

So I’d say that’s quite a bit we do know or have strong inclinations about and from these points above it’s extremely fair that people have questions and wonder what might’ve been and to levy criticism about the fact it did not happen.

At the end of the day it’s just a matter of opinion on what would have been better for the Flames. We’re all fans here.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:03 PM   #117
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Ah ok. I thought you were talking about actual packages the Flames offered, if any.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 02:05 PM   #118
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well we know he was available and being shopped.

We know the assets the Flames have. We know the contract status, and we know the Flames have not had an elite number one center in 30 years, and we know the Flames franchise record since about that time. We also know that Vegas got him, and they are a division rival.

We have a strong inclination that Treliving was talking to Buffalo about how to make it work. Also based on rumours, we have a (very I’d say) strong inclination that the Flames were either runner up or one of the last teams involved.

So I’d say that’s quite a bit we do know or have strong inclinations about and from these points above it’s extremely fair that people have questions and wonder what might’ve been and to levy criticism about the fact it did not happen.

At the end of the day it’s just a matter of opinion on what would have been better for the Flames. We’re all fans here.
So what you know basically is that he was for sale, the Flames inquired because they could have used him. But not whether they had the assets Buffalo wanted and said no, or whether Buffalo said no to a good offer from the Flames.

There’s no use in moaning about Buffalo turning down a superior deal. Or Treliving hanging up if the ask was unreasonable.

It’s like complaining that the Flames missed out on Mackinnon
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:28 PM   #119
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

open those ADR floodgates!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...-three-months/

Quote:
Chicago Blackhawks centre Tyler Johnson has had artificial disk replacement, the same surgery Jack Eichel underwent, and could be out for as long as three months.

The team announced the move Friday.

Two-time Stanley Cup winner Johnson hasn’t played since Oct. 29 because of COVID-19 and the neck injury.

“After trying to manage his neck pain conservatively for the past couple of weeks, Tyler underwent neck surgery today," Blackhawks team doctor Michael Terry said in a statement through the team. "The prognosis is good and his anticipated return to play is approximately three months.”
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 02:48 PM   #120
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.coffee View Post
i’ll only piss and moan about it if you promise to discuss it honestly with me in the future once we see how things work out.

nm
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gamble , jackeichel , lasvegas