Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2021, 10:41 AM   #1301
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I would say Clone Wars, Bad Batch and Rebels as well were all really good series.
Clone wars in perticular was great for showing that as powerful and formidable the Jedi were/are that sometimes it's not enough. Like when Ahsoka was dispatched to help some rebels, and got shot plus lost the leader of that rebel cell, or again when she was kidnapped by Transhodans, and she lost of of the Padawan she wanted to save.

It also showed their hubris in the trial episodes, and how callous they could be with the Carnage of Kral. Dude got clones dead left right and center but the council allowed him to remain in command because he won, but at what cost? Just some clones, the fact that they are living, breathing, feeling people did not matter.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 11:00 AM   #1302
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duruss View Post
Clone wars in perticular was great for showing that as powerful and formidable the Jedi were/are that sometimes it's not enough. Like when Ahsoka was dispatched to help some rebels, and got shot plus lost the leader of that rebel cell, or again when she was kidnapped by Transhodans, and she lost of of the Padawan she wanted to save.

It also showed their hubris in the trial episodes, and how callous they could be with the Carnage of Kral. Dude got clones dead left right and center but the council allowed him to remain in command because he won, but at what cost? Just some clones, the fact that they are living, breathing, feeling people did not matter.
There was a deleted scene conversation in ROTS that tied this together nicely when Yoda and Kenobi mused about the arrogance of the Jedi.

We saw select few Jedi in the Clone Wars cartoon series. For the most part Clones sadly had no rights, most of the Jedi saw them as no better then the droids that they were fighting and used them as tools. For every Anakin, Kenobi, there were Krells and Quinlan Vos' who outright hated the clones. And frankly the government nor the Jedi Council cared all that much.

The Jedi were in a holy war casualties of non force users meant literally nothing to them.

Even Ashoka before she gained some wisdom treated the Clones as disposable. She lost an entire fighter wing due to that belief, and while she mourned them, the mind set were clones were disposable.

The funny thing is they didn't really need the inhibitor chips for anything except a plot device to make Order 66 not their fault. But in the EU Legends where the chips didn't exist, the Clones were fiercely loyal to the Republic and the Chancellor so they were going to follow Order 66, but a lot of Clones saw the Jedi as willing butchers of the Clones throwing away their short life for nothing or little gain. I think that would have in the long run been more intriguing as a plot point that the Emperor didn't need chips to ensure the death of the Jedi.

Even in the rise of Darth Vader book the Clones that disobeyed Order 66 did it not because of some affection of their Jedi General's or Commanders. But they felt that the order didn't sound right, there was no logic to it, but when it was explained, it was like, wait the Jedi tried to kill the Chancellor and they were behind this war all the time, then yeah, they probably deserved to die.

I was watching Generation Tech the other day by the way which is a great youtube channel. And he as an another discussion talked about the chosen one prophecy. He theorized that Anakin was meant to destroy the Sith and bring balance to the force. But was bought forth to destroy the Sith and Jedi as both of them were continually fighting to influence the force and shape it, and change destinies and the Force responded by birthing their executioner. It makes sense because if Anakin destroyed the Sith and left just the Jedi as the practitioners of the light side, the force is out of balance. When Anakin killed the Jedi off, the force was out of balance. But if Anakin wiped them both out you'd have one force user in Anakin who would be the balance of light and dark like the Father in the Clone Wars story.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 08:06 AM   #1303
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I saw this older (2005) infographic about everything that came as a direct or indirect result of George Lucas. It's pretty amazing the innovation that came out of his films.

The yellow text are the technologies created through the process of making the films and games.

Click to enlarge
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2021, 10:35 AM   #1304
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

For all the complaints about Lucas in terms of dialogue etc. The guy really has revolutionized the Movie Industry and pushed a lot of boundaries. He's provided us with a lot of quality entertainment either directly or indirectly. He shouldn't just get a hand print on Hollywood Blvd, but a whole block.

Old 12-01-2021, 10:50 AM   #1305
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

A big one for me personally was John Knoll, who was visual effects supervisor and chief creative officer (CCO) at ILM. He and his brother created Photoshop in 1988. I'm sure we would have got there eventually but his years at ILM must have pushed it's development much more quickly. It's the piece of software that got me into my career.

We also got David Fincher after doing matte photography and camera work on Temple of Doom, Neverending Story and Return of the Jedi with ILM.

Last edited by KTrain; 12-01-2021 at 10:57 AM.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2021, 06:29 PM   #1306
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Not sure if anyone has seen this or not, but a fan turned Colin Trevorrow‘a Episode 9 script into a Comic. Can’t say it’s amazing, but I do like it better than what we got.

Dual of the Fates Comic
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:31 PM   #1307
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by underGRADFlame View Post
Not sure if anyone has seen this or not, but a fan turned Colin Trevorrow‘a Episode 9 script into a Comic. Can’t say it’s amazing, but I do like it better than what we got.

Dual of the Fates Comic
There are people who like Colonoscopies better than what we got.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:25 PM   #1308
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Spider Sith, Spider Sith, does whatever a Spider Sith does.

That was weird, yeah its better then episode 9, but just weird except the Hux part.

Old 12-06-2021, 08:11 PM   #1309
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

They really need to officially decanonize those atrocities.

Or Star Wars multiverse them somehow. Dimension Scruffy Lookin' Nerfherder.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 11:33 PM   #1310
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

First two books are way better than the turd we got.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 01:19 PM   #1311
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Makes me wonder with digital technology and deaging software if we're going to get an episode that deals with how he escaped from the Sarlacc?

Old 12-08-2021, 04:45 PM   #1312
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems that way, doesn't it? The first 20 seconds hints at that.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 07:07 AM   #1313
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ya they are going to have to explain that part for sure and why it took him 5? years to track down his gear etc..

But it looks good, has me intrigued.
Old 12-09-2021, 06:50 PM   #1314
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #1315
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
Umm this is made by Quantic Dream so it is going to be Heavy Rain, Detroit Become Human?
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:39 AM   #1316
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Cracked takes a shot at fixing Anakin's fall. Out of the prequels I really did like ROTS the best, I thought it had potential. The way it was written in the novel was awesome.

The problem was that the fall was rushed, they could have Harry Pottered ROTS and split it into two movies with the first one focused on the end of the Clone Wars and the Second on the Rise of the Empire. Instead they rushed the fall and it flopped. But Cracked really captures how I think a good fall would happen.

https://www.cracked.com/article_3213...-the-sith.html

When you look at it, it makes the Jedi look inflexible and arrogant, and it really goes to the whole Anakin feeling that the Jedi don't trust him. Throwing him out of the Order and having Obi-Wan being the instrument of that portrayal would make a lot of sense and set things up nicely for his fall. Finding a way to have Padme fall ill, and Palpatine swooping in as Anakin's hope would make the Sith point of view look like the solution, and having him fight at Anakin's side puts trust in Palpatine.

Having the Jedi going against democracy and jailing Palpatine would have abeen a brilliant stroke. Then Palpatine could show that the Jedi support an unfeeling and corrupt government and that he as a Sith is going to reform things and ensure that things like the Clone Wars will never happen again.

So frame the Jedi as evil and corrupt and the Sith as the great reformer bringing peace and order and the rule of law to a huge galaxy.

Then having the final stroke of Padme dying and where's obi-wan maybe he had something to do with her death and sending out a now committed Sith to kill him would make a lot more sense.

Old 12-20-2021, 11:54 AM   #1317
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL

Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2021, 11:59 AM   #1318
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The full title, since Youtube is still ridiculous about chopping them off...

"It's the Battle of Endor... but the Empire brought all 25,000 Star Destroyers..."
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2021, 12:00 PM   #1319
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

looks like the Disney Star Wars hotel is a bust. People are cancelling reservations after seeing videos and reading reviews for it.

Sounds like a badly executed idea that doesn't look as good as their original concept.

Old 12-20-2021, 12:48 PM   #1320
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s almost like if you charge out the ass for entertainment, people expect entertainment that matches the price. Hmm. Weird.