Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Old 12-03-2021, 10:59 AM   #5061
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Ah duh, I didn't think of the overall vaccine effectiveness as well.

Also, most of the ICU cases are come from the southern health region, where the overall vaccine rate is much lower (65% maybe), so that could be tilting it as well.

But looking at Ontario's #s, they seem similar. Not sure why I thought Manitoba was going against trends across the country.

Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:13 PM   #5062
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Do we have any stats in Alberta or in Canada as a whole about how the actual number of people in hospital/ICU who are fully vaxxed by age group? I would be curious as to the level of risk for people my parents age in their late 60's and early 70's who are fully vaxxed.

I sometimes catch myself a little over cautious for them but when it comes to the stats and the protection from vaccines in the general population, I am able to rationalize the risk a little better.

Both were vaxxed with Pfizer but on a short interval of 3 and 5 weeks respectably and are due for their booster. Hoping to wait a few more weeks for a stronger boost to power them through.
curves2000 is online now   Reply With Quote