Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-30-2021, 11:57 PM   #1661
dino7c
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Keep it up. You’re a class act. Represent stamps fans well.
you GT posts didn't exactly age well either

pretty sure you think they are going to lose next week too

if not please bet me
__________________
I WAS WRONG ABOUT KYLINGTON
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:59 PM   #1662
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop
 
Cecil Terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield Penitentiary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
you GT posts didn't exactly age well either

pretty sure you think they are going to lose next week too

if not please bet me
Which posts are those? Where did I call stamps fans a bunch of redneck pieces of garbage and sister lovers?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:24 AM   #1663
White Out 403
Franchise Player
 
White Out 403's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Exp:
Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Looking forward to the post season when we celebrate the 30th anniversary
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:48 AM   #1664
dash_pinched
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maple Bay, B.C.
Exp:
Default

Maier didn’t dismiss the possibility of returning to the Stampeders, but if another team is willing to offer him a starter’s job and the money that comes along with it, it’s a little hard to see how the Stamps could come up with an offer enticing enough to keep the 24-year-old in Calgary.

Mitchell is already on one of the most expensive contracts in the league. If other teams are offering Maier starter-money, it’s unlikely the Stampeders would be able to match it. Even if they do view Maier as being their long-term successor to Mitchell at the quarterback spot, that’s not in the cards for next year.


“I want Jake on our team, 100%. 110%,” said Stamps head coach Dave Dickenson. “He played well, he had three games and I think sometimes obviously when you look at a player you see potential, but there was lots of areas where I know, if Jake stays with the Calgary Stampeders our quarterback room will make Jake a better player and he’ll have more success in the future. I really believe that.

“To me, I do think we want him back and I think he would do what’s best for his career, is to be back. It’s up to me and (Stampeders president/GM John Hufnagel) to be straight-up honest with him. The guy is young, he’s only played three games, I know a lot of people talk about it, but let’s not get ahead of it, there’s a lot of areas of his game where as a group we can (help him improve) … He needs to be wearing a horse next year, we’ll work on that, but I have great faith that will get done.”


https://calgarysun.com/sports/footba...l-have-options
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:16 AM   #1665
speede5
First Line Centre
 
speede5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Purifoy apparently was yelling at a server for his food being late, got detained and one of his Idiot Friends got arrested. I swear to God that franchise is complete trash
Lol. Yup so trashy that they are holding him accountable and putting him in front of the press to face the music.

Donít sweat it I know youíre bitter. Weíll show you how to lose graciously next weekend. 😜
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:25 AM   #1666
old-fart
Franchise Player
 
old-fart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Maier didnít dismiss the possibility of returning to the Stampeders, but if another team is willing to offer him a starterís job and the money that comes along with it, itís a little hard to see how the Stamps could come up with an offer enticing enough to keep the 24-year-old in Calgary.

Mitchell is already on one of the most expensive contracts in the league. If other teams are offering Maier starter-money, itís unlikely the Stampeders would be able to match it. Even if they do view Maier as being their long-term successor to Mitchell at the quarterback spot, thatís not in the cards for next year.


ďI want Jake on our team, 100%. 110%,Ē said Stamps head coach Dave Dickenson. ďHe played well, he had three games and I think sometimes obviously when you look at a player you see potential, but there was lots of areas where I know, if Jake stays with the Calgary Stampeders our quarterback room will make Jake a better player and heíll have more success in the future. I really believe that.

ďTo me, I do think we want him back and I think he would do whatís best for his career, is to be back. Itís up to me and (Stampeders president/GM John Hufnagel) to be straight-up honest with him. The guy is young, heís only played three games, I know a lot of people talk about it, but letís not get ahead of it, thereís a lot of areas of his game where as a group we can (help him improve) Ö He needs to be wearing a horse next year, weíll work on that, but I have great faith that will get done.Ē


https://calgarysun.com/sports/footba...l-have-options
I hope Maier is back next year as he did look promising in limited action this year. Bo looks mostly done, and I would have zero issues with the Stamps cutting ties with him sooner rather than later.

I also think someone else on the coaching staff needs to take the challenge flag from Dave and not let him touch it. He makes the worst challenges in the entire league. Virtually every one this year it was obviously not going to be over turned and often would have made little difference in the game.
old-fart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to old-fart For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2021, 11:37 AM   #1667
old-fart
Franchise Player
 
old-fart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Exp:
Default

if you can show me video of when Stamp fans pelted the opposition bench with beer cans to such an extent that the team had to move onto the field, I'll admit Stamps fans are as bad as Rider fans.

If you can show me which organization protected Trevis Smith for ages, had a touchy feely GM, had numerous other front page headline dirtbags, I'll show you which team is completely classless. The list of controversial dirtbags that have played on the Riders is long, and was particularly horrible in the Roy Shivers and Chris Jones eras.

And I'm pretty sure any team that has won a championship 4 times in 111 years, in a league with 8, sometimes 9 teams, is easily the losingest team in history.
old-fart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to old-fart For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2021, 11:42 AM   #1668
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player
 
Erick Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-fart View Post
I hope Maier is back next year as he did look promising in limited action this year. Bo looks mostly done, and I would have zero issues with the Stamps cutting ties with him sooner rather than later.

I also think someone else on the coaching staff needs to take the challenge flag from Dave and not let him touch it. He makes the worst challenges in the entire league. Virtually every one this year it was obviously not going to be over turned and often would have made little difference in the game.
Dave said today that he and Huff want Bo back so Maier is good as gone which is a shame as I think they probably win on Sunday if he starts.

Dave is a really good head coach but he lets his emotions get the best of him when it comes to challenges. He really does need to consult with the assistants that have the play on camera prior to throwing the flag as he wasted pretty well every single one this season except one.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:06 PM   #1669
tvp2003
Franchise Player
 
tvp2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

Maier looked good with a lot of potential, but you only have to look as far as Nick Arbuckle to see how far that will take you in the CFL. I'm also not sure how many teams are ready to hand him the reins as the starter save for Ottawa. But Dane Evans will be looking for more opportunity, and I'm not sure Montreal has room for both Harris and Adams.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2021, 12:28 PM   #1670
dash_pinched
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maple Bay, B.C.
Exp:
Default

That's the thing, how many starter jobs (aside from Ottawa) are truly up for grabs? Will Reilly be back in BC? You would think that Arbuckle would have the inside track in Edmonton, but who knows? Would Bo be willing to re-negotiate his contract to make room to bring back Jake Maier?

It certainly makes for an interesting off-season.
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:14 PM   #1671
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player
 
Erick Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Maier looked good with a lot of potential, but you only have to look as far as Nick Arbuckle to see how far that will take you in the CFL. I'm also not sure how many teams are ready to hand him the reins as the starter save for Ottawa. But Dane Evans will be looking for more opportunity, and I'm not sure Montreal has room for both Harris and Adams.
Dane Evans is the QB I would target. Already experienced and has a strong arm. Under Dave's tutelage I think he could be a franchise QB. It's a shame they are so loyal to Bo as I don't see how he gets back to where he was without another surgery and his salary is way out of whack for his performance.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2021, 07:09 PM   #1672
Captain Otto
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Captain Otto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Dave said today that he and Huff want Bo back so Maier is good as gone which is a shame as I think they probably win on Sunday if he starts.



Dave is a really good head coach but he lets his emotions get the best of him when it comes to challenges. He really does need to consult with the assistants that have the play on camera prior to throwing the flag as he wasted pretty well every single one this season except one.
I'm curious why you think Maier is as good as gone if Bo comes back. As a FA, do you just think he'll be looking elsewhere?

I think most teams are pretty set for next year and I can't see Maier supplanting any starters. And tbh, with Bo's health, I think his best opportunity may still be with the Stamps.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Captain Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 07:06 AM   #1673
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player
 
Erick Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Otto View Post
I'm curious why you think Maier is as good as gone if Bo comes back. As a FA, do you just think he'll be looking elsewhere?

I think most teams are pretty set for next year and I can't see Maier supplanting any starters. And tbh, with Bo's health, I think his best opportunity may still be with the Stamps.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Most teams are set at QB? Who's Edmonton's starting QB next season? Ottawa? I don't think Toronto is married to MBT. He will have plenty of opportunities from the CFL and the XFL.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 07:50 AM   #1674
Captain Otto
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Captain Otto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Most teams are set at QB? Who's Edmonton's starting QB next season? Ottawa? I don't think Toronto is married to MBT. He will have plenty of opportunities from the CFL and the XFL.
I think Edmonton is going with Arbuckle and they are also really high on Cornelius. And I think Toronto is all in on MBT. Ottawa is the unknown for sure. And I totally forgot about the XFL.
Captain Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:05 AM   #1675
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player
 
Erick Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Otto View Post
I think Edmonton is going with Arbuckle and they are also really high on Cornelius. And I think Toronto is all in on MBT. Ottawa is the unknown for sure. And I totally forgot about the XFL.
The people that brought in Arbuckle all got fired. The incoming GM and head coach may want to go in a different direction and bring in their own QB. Toronto is Calgary east so any ex-Stampeder is going to be on their radar and I don't think they are all in on MBT as from what I have read on Riderfans it sounds like they may take a run at Dane Evans in the offseason.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 01:30 PM   #1676
White Out 403
Franchise Player
 
White Out 403's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Otto View Post
I think Edmonton is going with Arbuckle and they are also really high on Cornelius. And I think Toronto is all in on MBT. Ottawa is the unknown for sure. And I totally forgot about the XFL.
As they should be. I think he has a lot of promise.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Looking forward to the post season when we celebrate the 30th anniversary
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 04:46 PM   #1677
Drake
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Otto View Post
I think Edmonton is going with Arbuckle and they are also really high on Cornelius. And I think Toronto is all in on MBT. Ottawa is the unknown for sure. And I totally forgot about the XFL.
Trevor Harris never wanted to leave Ottawa, Marcel Desjardins lowballed him. I think its a possibility hes Ottawas starting QB next season.
__________________

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:32 PM   #1678
dash_pinched
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maple Bay, B.C.
Exp:
Default

Oh man, the Lawfirm might miss the East final.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1466806092768370689
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:57 PM   #1679
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player
 
Johnny Makarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Exp:
Default

Good. No idea why they ever chose him over Arbuckle.

and that is pretty effing hilarious!! haha
__________________
Peter12 "I'm no Trump fan but he is smarter than most if not everyone in this thread. Ē
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 01:05 PM   #1680
dash_pinched
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maple Bay, B.C.
Exp:
Default

https://twitter.com/user/status/1466818876361035777
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Calgary Flames
2021-22




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021