Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #181
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Aww this season is already over?? Damn.
8sPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:07 PM   #182
holden
Scoring Winger

Exp:

holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:01 PM   #183
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
The season finale was incredible, instant contender for best episode in a series with tons of great episodes. I would highly, highly recommend going into it cold.

Spoiler!
Really great.

The evolution of Mac as a character as well as the show overall is pretty incredible.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:06 AM   #184
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default i didn't get it

Just like Frank, I didn't get it. I was waiting for the joke or something funny to happen, but instead, it was like an ABC sitcom going for an Emmy or something.

I preferred the Day Man Cometh play myself.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #185
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

That season finale was simply awesome. My wife who is not a big fan of the show, was crying at the end. I love how Rob and crew presented the struggles LGBT face in such a beautiful way - one of my favorite episodes of all time
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #186
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

what the hell did i just watch?
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #187
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Devito had me howling the whole episode. That cut getting worse and worse.

Then Macs routine at the end, at first I was like oh thats cool, good way to 'show' his Dad. Then I was like ok wow how long does this go on for? And then I was like wow he really put a lot of prep and practice into this, respect.

I agree this show probably had the best 'coming out' story arc for a character ever. It was a slow organic process and by the time Mac told the gang they were like 'ya big deal Mac, we've known forever, now lets get back to drinking!'
8sPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2018, 08:15 PM   #188
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think the dance worked as a comedic piece and laughed a few times during it. Intercutting it with frank and the prisoners gobsmacked reactions, how utterly unexpected it was and how drawn out it was made for good comedic fodder. Kind of like when family guy would do the Conway Twitty songs. It's absurdist humour, which makes it a tougher sell, but it worked for me.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:21 PM   #189
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

I got a kick out of how it played out, whole weird explanation Mac gave Frank being mirrored in the dance, which is somehow elaborately stages for Mac’s dad, then that Luther leaves, the gal reassures Mac that it is all going to be okay, and then Frank eventually ‘gets it’.

So no cathartic moment for Mac with Luther. No “I love you, son.” And not that Mac necessarily respects Frank or wants his approval, and Frank is a bad role model, and generally awful person. But he is, somehow, after all the years and shenanigans, in a certain way the gang’s surrogate dad.

I also like how Mac wrestled with his whole identity and the gang generally didn’t give a crap one way or the other
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:01 PM   #190
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've never watched anything that I could describe as being beautiful. However, the dance that ended the season was just that. The emotion and the amount of work that all participants had to take on is nothing short of amazing. Rob McElhenney was great in this episode!

And lets not forget about Danny DeVito's Frank. The emotion that he showed on his face was fantastic!

Vulture has a really great article on how the scene came to be.

https://www.vulture.com/2018/11/its-...13-finale.html
Meelapo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2018, 08:06 AM   #191
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Holy crap, just watched it last night and knew ahead of time there was a dance number with Sigur Ros music and Mac.

Blown away, this show is such a gem!
Old 11-14-2018, 01:22 PM   #192
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched the finale last night. Devito was hysterical in that episode. Maybe the best I've seen him in the show. He's such a disgusting goof in the show that I often forget it's because he's such a talented actor. He's a natural in this role. Good stuff by him.

Can't say enough about Mac's performance. Was waiting for the punchline to end it. But I think it was important how it ended without one. Some things in life are more important than cheap laughs, and I'm glad such an influential show like this one was able to parlay the message they wanted. Mack was indeed, able to find his pride!

Also nice to see the reaction the finale had within the LGBQT community. I took a peak at the actors Instagram accounts and it's nothing but praise and often tears with the direction they went.

Fantastic ending and I hope they come back for season 14. But even if it were to end on that note, I'd be satisfied.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 01:16 PM   #193
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Necro bump with the premiere this week...anyone know how to watch new episodes on a streaming site?

I hear Disney+ has Sunny but apparently not the last few seasons? I see it's on Hulu but I think that's still blocked in Canada? Thanks if you know! Need my Sunny fix..
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 01:25 PM   #194
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

They should be here, but it doesn't look like they've added yesterday's yet: https://www.fxnowcanada.ca/shows/its...-philadelphia/
Old 12-02-2021, 02:33 PM   #195
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

We've been watching recently on FX (cable) and noticed they play only the last few seasons over and over again. I wonder if that's because of the streaming licenses.

I didn't watch last night's episode but I'm looking forward to it. It's consistently deplorable and hilarious.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 03:31 PM   #196
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Not streaming but all 15 seasons are available on my Shaw on Demand. One of the reasons I still have Shaw. Also every 30 for 30. Good stuff.
14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2021, 07:14 AM   #197
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I watched the episode and it was pretty good. Basically a recap of what the gang did in 2020 and how what they did tied into the crazy news stories of the last year.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:58 AM   #198
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

There were 2 new episodes this week. The second one was them making a "woke" version of a Lethal Weapon sequel.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:16 PM   #199
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
They should be here, but it doesn't look like they've added yesterday's yet: https://www.fxnowcanada.ca/shows/its...-philadelphia/
Thanks man! Appreciated
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 01:05 AM   #200
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

New season is starting strong. The inflatable furniture gags in the first episode were brilliant, and the title card cut in the 2nd episode had me laughing really hard
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post: