Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
kipperfan
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default HELP!! Media Player/DVD ripping/Divx Issues!

Okay I will start by saying I am not the best with technology despite my best efforts and somewhat youthful age. So..... on boxing day I decided to go out and buy a Archos 605 80GB WiFi media player. I bought this device as I am going to Eurpoe and need something to hold and pay a large variety of movies. Now what I need to do is get the movies and TV shows I currently have on DVD ripped onto my computer, and then transferred to the Archos. The Arhcos will play any type of Vid but most require -plug-ins thus I want to convert all files to DivX and have bought DivX for Mac - I am of the understanding that this program should be able to convert all my files into DivX, which then can easily be loaded onto the player.

So I have the DVD's sitting on my bed and need them sitting in my Archos player…..please help me Cp'ers and tell me eactly what needs to me done to get said DVD's into said Archos player with the least amount of mumbo jumbo involved?

Fyodor Dostoevsky - The Brothers Karamazov
kipperfan is offline   Reply With Quote