Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2021, 11:50 AM   #3941
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber317 View Post
Does anybody know why all of the City courses have their Driving Ranges closed?

Is it because of Covid?
Shag was open yesterday.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2021, 11:51 AM   #3942
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

The city was just slow/late on interviewing for city roles to run the ranges (per a city employee that helped with the process). I love how our city can't operate like a company.

Costco.ca has the putter on sale now if anyone is interested:

https://www.costco.ca/kirkland-signa...100721584.html
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:52 AM   #3943
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Shag was open yesterday.

Awesome! I can finally go practice my irons.

I played 9 at Shag yesterday, finished the last holes as 2 x double par, 2 x par.
Old 04-30-2021, 11:53 AM   #3944
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
Yes, from yesterday's announcement. I don't think this is necessary the most you should do is to leave every other stall empty. It seems to me that nothing works so let's just do something else like closing down the outdoor driving ranges.
I find that true of a lot of business. They just want to present something that says "we're taking this seriously". Like grocery stores closing one of their two entrances. To me that pushes everyone closer together when entering and exiting, yet they've done it almost everywhere.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:55 AM   #3945
jayswin

Exp:

Or they do things that help them with their business. Like Playgolf courses last year with Covid. You had two safety measures implemented. 1. Longer minutes between tee times, and 2. You need to pay by credit card in advance of your round

Guess which one was quietly ditched as soon as humanly possible and guess which one stuck around the whole season?
Old 04-30-2021, 12:17 PM   #3946
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Or they do things that help them with their business. Like Playgolf courses last year with Covid. You had two safety measures implemented. 1. Longer minutes between tee times, and 2. You need to pay by credit card in advance of your round

Guess which one was quietly ditched as soon as humanly possible and guess which one stuck around the whole season?
Must be 1. My club last year said singles cannot play through the group in front just so we didn't break the 15 people or whatever outdoor gathering limit. How is a single plus a foursome going to break the gathering limit?

At this point, I just wish golf can continue for the whole summer or I will go crazy.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:19 PM   #3947
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXCman View Post
The city was just slow/late on interviewing for city roles to run the ranges (per a city employee that helped with the process). I love how our city can't operate like a company.
Parks has no budget that's why. Lots of employees got laid off and had to find work elsewhere or with different departments.

Normally they'd just bring back the people that did it the year before, but they're all gone
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:16 PM   #3948
rain_e
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

This product is back-ordered, and is expected to ship between 06/03/2021 and 06/10/2021.
rain_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:27 PM   #3949
rain_e
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

This product is back-ordered, and is expected to ship between 06/03/2021 and 06/10/2021.
rain_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:32 PM   #3950
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I've placed an order. Costco will take it back if it doesn't work for you. If it does, then it's like you're getting a Scotty for half the price.

Last edited by darklord700; 04-30-2021 at 01:37 PM.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:48 PM   #3951
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I've placed an order. Costco will take it back if it doesn't work for you. If it does, then it's like you're getting a Scotty for half the price.

It looks great and is really well reviews. I just bought a White Hot that is extra heavy and looks like a spaceship for $70 used.

If anyone goes for the Kirkland wedge deal and is open to parting out their 60degree, I would be interested. Or if someone has a RH 60degree for sale, I'm looking for a cheap one. I have been using my 55degree primarily for most shots within 50 yards so far.
Old 04-30-2021, 02:15 PM   #3952
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They're nice, but you're not getting a Scotty Cameron. You're getting an Odyssey at best. It's a nice enough putter, but it doesn't have the same weighting or balance of a Scotty Cameron. Like I say, you're getting an Odyssey or a really poor Ping ripoff, you're not getting the feel and performance of a high end putter. Still a good club for the majority of players out there though.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2021, 09:26 PM   #3953
jayswin

Exp:

Good to know, thanks.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:46 AM   #3954
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

I love seeing everybody getting out for their first rounds of the season.

This weekend was the first round of the club championship, so the course was setup tough, greens mowed and rolled, the pins tucked or on slopes and the tees pushed to the tips. A fun day and some big scores from the field as it was stroke play.

We've got an app with a live leaderboard, so infuriating to punch 3x doubles in a row but hilarious to see it happen to your buddies. 😉
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rutuu For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2021, 09:50 AM   #3955
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
They're nice, but you're not getting a Scotty Cameron. You're getting an Odyssey at best. It's a nice enough putter, but it doesn't have the same weighting or balance of a Scotty Cameron. Like I say, you're getting an Odyssey or a really poor Ping ripoff, you're not getting the feel and performance of a high end putter. Still a good club for the majority of players out there though.
I bought an Odyssey putter once and returned it after a couple rounds, couldn't find the feel of it at all and would miss very easy short putts. Got a Scotty Cameron and putting isn't really an issue anymore, that's a how good of a putter that is. Very well balanced.

I've been holding off on golf though, used to be eager to get out early in the season but not anymore, usually wait till summer now when the courses are nice and green.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:20 AM   #3956
2ArmBands
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Is there any real evidence that people putt better with Scotty Cameron putters? I’m not seeing it. I would have to question anyone that says an off the shelf Scotty truly performs better than a high end putter from Ping, TaylorMade etc...

I think it’s nothing more than the average equipment snob wanting to flash that Scotty head-cover around. I’ve had 2 different SC putters in the past and I cant say they outperform my TM Original Spider that I have now...

I get they are widely used on tour but so are all the other brands as well.
2ArmBands is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2ArmBands For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2021, 10:26 AM   #3957
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

Since I've switched to SC and I've played quite a few rounds over a few seasons, it still happens but it's rare for me to more than 2 putt any given hole.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:06 AM   #3958
CarlLester
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ArmBands View Post
Is there any real evidence that people putt better with Scotty Cameron putters? I’m not seeing it. I would have to question anyone that says an off the shelf Scotty truly performs better than a high end putter from Ping, TaylorMade etc...

I think it’s nothing more than the average equipment snob wanting to flash that Scotty head-cover around. I’ve had 2 different SC putters in the past and I cant say they outperform my TM Original Spider that I have now...

I get they are widely used on tour but so are all the other brands as well.
We should ask the guys who put the SC putter cover on whatever non-Scotty putter they have! There is a lot of cachet with the brand.

All of the companies make good high end putters. Finding the best one is about as individual as golf gets. I've got more $$$ worth of putters in my basement than I care to admit and the one that spends the most time in the bag is an old odyssey I grabbed out of a bargain bin for a hundred bucks over a decade ago.
CarlLester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:10 AM   #3959
CarlLester
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Third round of the year for me yesterday and my buddy aced the sixth hole! I enjoyed the free drink!

Turn out it was his 4th ace. The other guy I played with has 3. Just 1 for me.

Anyone on here have more than one?
CarlLester is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CarlLester For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2021, 01:27 PM   #3960
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlLester View Post
Third round of the year for me yesterday and my buddy aced the sixth hole! I enjoyed the free drink!

Turn out it was his 4th ace. The other guy I played with has 3. Just 1 for me.

Anyone on here have more than one?
I've got 2 of them

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow