Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 05:01 PM   #14221
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
There's gotta be something to this Tkachuk rumor. Every sports blog, site etc. Is posing potential offers, etc. If he does want out and it's due to the lack of support he got after the Muzzin incident, shame on the entire team.
I put a premium on guys that want to be here.

Gaudreau Keep
Lucic Keep

Tkachuk (if wants out) Trade
The Following User Says Thank You to the_only_turek_fan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 05:06 PM   #14222
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
Why would Tampa need to shed salary? I'm sure they can figure something out.
They're currently $8M over the cap for next year presuming a 23 man roster.

No Coleman or Goodrow (both playing 16+ TOI in the playoffs), and no more David Savard.

The conventional move would be to move Tyler Johnson with Palat/Gourde/Killorn as a sweetener (I predict SEA), then try to get some league min. vets.

But dynasty teams can also need a big new element to keep things fresh and different.

Both Cirelli and Sergachev has 7.2M final years on their 4.8M AAV deals, and Point has the same 9M final year as MT after this season.

They have to do something sooner or later, and it probably involves moving a young stud eventually. They could even flip one of Point or Eichel after next season to replenish.
The Following User Says Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #14223
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
They're currently $8M over the cap for next year presuming a 23 man roster.

No Coleman or Goodrow (both playing 16+ TOI in the playoffs), and no more David Savard.

The conventional move would be to move Tyler Johnson with Palat/Gourde/Killorn as a sweetener (I predict SEA), then try to get some league min. vets.

But dynasty teams can also need a big new element to keep things fresh and different.

Both Cirelli and Sergachev has 7.2M final years on their 4.8M AAV deals, and Point has the same 9M final year as MT after this season.

They have to do something sooner or later, and it probably involves moving a young stud eventually. They could even flip one of Point or Eichel after next season to replenish.
Sorry, I was being sarcastic because they got away with it this year.

I agree with you, they logically need to shed salary. I can't see them getting away with it two years in a row.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CalgaryFan1988 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 05:22 PM   #14224
Chonger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
There's gotta be something to this Tkachuk rumor. Every sports blog, site etc. Is posing potential offers, etc. If he does want out and it's due to the lack of support he got after the Muzzin incident, shame on the entire team.
More shame on management if they lose Bennett and Tkachuk (guys who compete and want to win) to appease the core of guys who have little compete and have accomplished nothing. I have zero faith at this point management even knows what they are doing with this roster. What are they even trying to build? Where is the identity?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2021, 05:35 PM   #14225
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trade Tkachuk because he probably gets you the best return and he in no way is worth $9m.

Trade Monahan because he can’t skate.

That would shake up the core and either leave you with a ton of cap space (especially if Gio gets picked by Seattle) or with a new group of top level forwards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goriders For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 05:47 PM   #14226
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

So who are the guys that are country clubbing it up? Giordano and Backlund? Just start over already. This team is ####ed.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:52 PM   #14227
Yobbo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Beat to the punch.

Last edited by Yobbo; 06-22-2021 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Double post.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:03 PM   #14228
Chonger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobbo View Post
Friend just as sent me this article regarding, Tkachuk. Interesting if true.

https://apple.news/AE1WhMuiTTECIT4MTq-M7Eg
I just dont buy it. Why are we catering to Tkachuk and sending him where he wants to go? There has got to be a better return out there for him than a broken down Tarasenko. If he wants out fine i get it, but then at the same time F what he wants. Even if its the only place hes willing to sign long term you still have to see what other offers are out there.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Chonger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 06:08 PM   #14229
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just spitballin' but if Gaudreau won't sign a fair extension this off season, and Tkachuk does indeed want out but you can't get Eichel for him:

Gaudreau for Konecny and Patrick (roughly)
Thachuk for Thomas and Kyrou (roughly)

Then go after Hall or Landeskog in free agency.

Hall/Landeskog - Lindholm - Konecny
Mangiapane - Monahan - Kyrou
Dube - Backlund - Thomas
Lucic - Patrick - Ritchie?

I dunno, you can't have these two key Flames forwards walk for nothing by waiting too long, and that would be four pretty good young (right shot) and controlled forwards to add that could help now and in the future.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 06:31 PM   #14230
Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Why are people buying into this rumour? Even if there is a shred of truth to it, my feeling is it had more to do with Sutter being unimpressed with Tkachuk and cutting his icetime until the end of the season.

Anyone who has played for a coach that doesn't value you at the level you see yourself is going to question if they are on the right team. I'm not worried. Tkachuk is a great player and Sutter will figure out how to use him.

Winning lots of games next season will cure all of these ills.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:55 PM   #14231
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Gaudreau signs an extension you just know Eric Francis will direct his focus on Tkachuk wanting out. Hell, he will probably do it anyhow even if it isn't true.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 07:14 PM   #14232
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphusk View Post
So who are the guys that are country clubbing it up? Giordano and Backlund? Just start over already. This team is ####ed.
I figure they have been here the longest. Send em both packing
Old 06-22-2021, 07:46 PM   #14233
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
Sorry, I was being sarcastic because they got away with it this year.

I agree with you, they logically need to shed salary. I can't see them getting away with it two years in a row.
That's why Eichel is perfect - no one can really call BS on his surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphusk View Post
My suspicions would probably lie closer to the highly touted superbowl boys who've been rumoured to enjoy the nightlife than the two older family guys who really had to grind their way to make it. Which I don't necessarily intend as a major criticism...but all things considered (playoff performance, contracts, probably return) JG and SM are where I'd start the change.

Ideally I'd move on from Gaudreau and one of SM/Gio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Just spitballin' but if Gaudreau won't sign a fair extension this off season, and Tkachuk does indeed want out but you can't get Eichel for him:

This is where I am, too - I think we need to buy a bunch of early 20s guys who may be about to pop.

That said, I doubt PHI does Konecny straight up for Gaudreau, let alone adding.

That value for Tkachuk seems more fair, but I doubt STL would part with both. I think more likely might be Kyrou + Sundqvist + 1st
Old 06-22-2021, 07:47 PM   #14234
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I really hope Treliving would hang up on that. Konecny is a good start, but Patrick as the add is just brutal. I don't know why anyone would want this guy? He has missed a year with a chronic neurologic condition and then came back and was Philadelphia's worst player by a large margin this past season. Watching him, he does nothing well at the NHL level. If you're going for a futures player, go for a kid with some real upside. Make it Frost or Foerster and we're closer. Probably have to eat another big contract to make it work and send something else along from the Flames side, but a potential deal has always been there IMO.

Quote:
I like this one, but I'm not sure the Blues would. Flames are going to have to eat a contract to make it work. O'Reilly or Parayko have the easiest contracts to move, but I can't see the Blues moving O'Reilly for anything but a massive overpayment, especially with their best two center prospects heading out of town. Blues do have some cap space to play with if they could talk the Flames into Parayko. If the Flames lose Giordano, this might just work best actually. Flames kick in Kylington to even out contracts and help the Blues backend depth.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:56 PM   #14235
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy27 View Post
Why are people buying into this rumour? Even if there is a shred of truth to it, my feeling is it had more to do with Sutter being unimpressed with Tkachuk and cutting his icetime until the end of the season.

Anyone who has played for a coach that doesn't value you at the level you see yourself is going to question if they are on the right team. I'm not worried. Tkachuk is a great player and Sutter will figure out how to use him.

Winning lots of games next season will cure all of these ills.
Monahan, Gaudreau, and Lindholm also had their ice-time decrease. I don't think Tkachuk should take it personally. Sutter just likes to spread things out more.

For what it's worth, the Flames scored at pretty much the same clip either way (2.42 goals/game vs. 2.39 goals/game), so the top players getting less ice-time didn't really have a negative effect. If anything, they need to look in the mirror and ask why the grinders were used more and were able to make up the production.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:03 PM   #14236
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any mention of this during the intermission today?
Old 06-22-2021, 08:04 PM   #14237
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

I read an article that San Jose is looking for a center. It didn’t say what they would give up or who they were looking for. Got me thinking what about Monahan for timo Meir? A Rw who has a good 2 way game and lays some hits.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:09 PM   #14238
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
I read an article that San Jose is looking for a center. It didn’t say what they would give up or who they were looking for. Got me thinking what about Monahan for timo Meir? A Rw who has a good 2 way game and lays some hits.
Meier has the same QO problem as Tkachuk. A fat no thank you from me.
The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2021, 08:12 PM   #14239
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
Just looking, is that a 10 mill Q/O he will be due???
Old 06-22-2021, 09:03 PM   #14240
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
Didn’t realize that. Guess that was a short lived fantasy.
Closed Thread