Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Old 07-23-2021, 08:14 PM   #4221
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
You guys need to pay attention to what I'm responding to.

Someone posts "so this is what it's all about, not telling me what to do"
My response was "yeah well we live in a free society. The government not telling you what to do is kind of a core value"
Someone posts "you idiot the government tells you what to do all the time" and then lists a bunch of things the government tells you to do.
I respond "yeah but those aren't comparable to force injecting someone with a vaccine"

Woke brigade "you idiot no one is saying that"

Again, not sure how what I'm saying is controversial but here I am again defending a position that seemed reasonable to me.
You're responding to an argument no one made. Again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
No one's talking about forcing COVID vaccines either.
But you're right, the government encouraging vaccination is nothing like the everyday government rules and requirements. Unlike a driver's license, taxes, car insurance, etc., at present in the United States, the government doesn't make a single distinction between vaccinated and unvaccinated people in terms of what they can and cannot do.
opendoor is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2021, 02:56 AM   #4222
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

My response was "yeah well we live in a free society. The government not telling you what to do is kind of a core value"
Someone posts "you idiot the government tells you what to do all the time" and then lists a bunch of things the government tells you to do.
I respond "yeah but those aren't comparable to force injecting someone with a vaccine"

Again, not sure how what I'm saying is controversial but here I am again defending a position that seemed reasonable to me.
You need to pay more attention I think. Who's talking about forcing someone to get a procedure without consent. Not one person.

If someone doesn't want to get the vaccine fine, but there will likely be consequences. Just like if you break the law a lot of things will happen to you against your will.

All that's being pointed out is that we are all told that what to do constantly in nearly every aspect of our lives. People can choose not to get vaccinated and businesses and events can choose not to let them in.

They should be fine with businesses choosing because they don't want anyone being told what to do right?
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AFireInside For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2021, 06:44 AM   #4223
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Actually reading a sequence of posts seems beyond a lot of folks here. I sometimes wonder what the point is in even quoting posts - people just read a post in isolation and kick into outrage mode.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2021, 08:37 AM   #4224
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

^Man, you really think of yourself as some kind of victim, eh.
Quote:

We are paying attention, are you? It isn’t that it’s controversial, again, it is because that IS NOT WHAT IS BEING PROPOSED.

No one forces you to get a driver’s license either but you aren’t permitted to drive without one. But the government has never forced me to get a driver’s license unless I wished to partake in being a motorist, which I do so I did.

Everyone: “We should have reasonable expectations of people to get vaccinated, and we will allow people and businesses to decide whether or not they interact with the unvaccinated. This guy screaming don’t tell me what to do will very quickly want to start telling other people what to do when they decide not to deal with him.”
You: “Suggesting we vaccinate people by force is crazy.”
Everyone: “We’re not forcing them, but we aren’t forcing other people to interact with or cater to them either.”
You: “Literally holding them down…”
Everyone: “No, that’s no-….”
You: “… and injecting them.”
Everyone: “Stop. No one is suggesting that.”
You: “Guys, I’m totally just arguing for the tenets of a free society, gaaaah, you should REAAALLY learn to read all the posts in a conversation.”
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2021, 02:32 PM   #4225
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

That is one of the weirdest efforts of putting words into someone’s mouth I’ve seen. I mean, the posts are all here, you don’t have to make them up.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2021, 04:31 PM   #4226
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

Weird that his prayers and sass didn’t save him…

Quote:
Hillsong churchgoer who joked he had ’99 problems but a vax ain’t one,’ dies from COVID.

According to Harmon’s Twitter feed, which was made private Friday, his skepticism over vaccine succumbed to concern after he was hospitalized earlier this month.

“Please pray y’all, they really want to intubate me and put me on a ventilator,” he wrote Sunday. “If you don’t have faith that God can heal me over your stupid ventilator then keep the Hell out of my ICU room, there’s no room in here for fear or lack of faith.”

Harmon later tweeted that he had decided to opt for intubation as his condition worsened.
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...outputType=amp

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 04:57 PM   #4227
woolymammoth
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
^Man, you really think of yourself as some kind of victim, eh.
We are paying attention, are you? It isn’t that it’s controversial, again, it is because that IS NOT WHAT IS BEING PROPOSED.

No one forces you to get a driver’s license either but you aren’t permitted to drive without one. But the government has never forced me to get a driver’s license unless I wished to partake in being a motorist, which I do so I did.

Everyone: “We should have reasonable expectations of people to get vaccinated, and we will allow people and businesses to decide whether or not they interact with the unvaccinated. This guy screaming don’t tell me what to do will very quickly want to start telling other people what to do when they decide not to deal with him.”
You: “Suggesting we vaccinate people by force is crazy.”
Everyone: “We’re not forcing them, but we aren’t forcing other people to interact with or cater to them either.”
You: “Literally holding them down…”
Everyone: “No, that’s no-….”
You: “… and injecting them.”
Everyone: “Stop. No one is suggesting that.”
You: “Guys, I’m totally just arguing for the tenets of a free society, gaaaah, you should REAAALLY learn to read all the posts in a conversation.”
lol. log off for a while...
woolymammoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:50 PM   #4228
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are you guys still getting anti-vax marches where you are? Just had a pretty large group, maybe 100 or so, march past my place in downtown Vancouver. Fauci, "my body, my decision" signs and even a small group in hazmat suits!
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:13 PM   #4229
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://news.yahoo.com/california-ma...k=tw&tsrc=twtr

A man who joked about not getting vaccinated died of the coronavirus a little more than a month later.

Stephen Harmon's death was announced by the Hillsong Church founder Brian Houston on Twitter on Thursday.

On July 8, he posted another anti-vaccine joke and criticized what he termed undue pressure to encourage people to take the shot. He wrote alongside the post: "i'm not against it, i'm just not in a rush to get it… ironically, as I continue to lay here, in South Corona, in my covid ward isolation room fighting off the virus and pneumonia. And no, i will not be getting vaccinated once i am discharged and released."
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:52 PM   #4230
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

haha.jpg
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:24 PM   #4231
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's opportune when a thread generates it's own content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2021, 01:39 AM   #4232
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
That is one of the weirdest efforts of putting words into someone’s mouth I’ve seen. I mean, the posts are all here, you don’t have to make them up.
Taking the piss out of someone in an intentionally over the top, hyperbolic manner isn’t a new thing. It was purposefully ridiculous to meet the equally ridiculous notion that there’s a position being advocated for that includes actually forcing medical interventions on people.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:53 PM   #4233
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Conservative radio host regrets vaccine skepticism after being hospitalized with serious COVID-19

Quote:
A Tennessee radio host and outspoken vaccine skeptic has switched sides after contracting serious COVID-19.

Phil Valentine, 62, who hosts WTN-FM radio station in Nashville, has remained in critical condition ever since contracting the virus on July 11.

“He is positive and he is scared,” his brother Mark Valentine told the Tennessean . “He knows he is very, very sick.”

Shortly after being diagnosed, Valentine had initially dismissed his positive test result, telling his brother that he was already feeling better.

He said, ‘I don’t think it’s going to be a big deal,'” Mark told The Washington Post on Sunday. “I frankly quit worrying about it.”

Confident that he would return to work in a day or two, Phil continued to post regularly on Facebook, joking about his condition and mocked Democratic politicians’ drives encouraging the public to get vaccinated.

Phil Valentine had chosen not to get the vaccine as he assumed the chances of him dying from the disease were “way less than one percent”, according to a blog post he published in December 2020.
Quote:
Doctors treating the radio host have attempted remdesivir injections, ‘proning’ (flipping him on his stomach so the fluid can’t settle in one spot in his lungs). They even suggested he sing in the hopes of clearing his lungs out.

“They told him to sing,” Mark told the Tennessean. “He was singing in the critical care unit at the top of his lungs.”

He sang “My Way,” the song Frank Sinatra made famous and includes the lines, “And now, the end is near …” and “Regrets, I’ve had a few …”

Valentine is not on a ventilator as yet, but has been receiving oxygen treatments. His condition has not gotten better or worse, Mark said.
Quote:
“He’s regretful that he wasn’t a more vocal advocate of the vaccination,” Mark Valentine said during a segment on WWTN-FM in Nashville this week. “For those listening, I know if he were able to tell you this, he would tell you, ‘Go get vaccinated. Quit worrying about the politics. Quit worrying about all the conspiracy theories.’

After his brother’s diagnosis, Mark said he and the rest of the family began thinking differently about the vaccine. “I changed my mind as soon as I saw what was happening here,” Mark Valentine told The Washington Post. “I immediately went and got the vaccine.”
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...edgdhp&pc=U531
Old 07-27-2021, 12:31 AM   #4234
Gundo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Co-worker who isn’t vaccinated (because it’s a government ploy maaaaaaan) had to go to Colorado for a family emergency 3 weeks ago. Didn’t know ANYTHING about travelling unvaccinated and called me from his quarantine hotel in Vancouver asking me a bunch of questions about why he has to spend $1100 and 3 days. I just laughed at him and told him to enjoy the food. After the 3 days he’s allowed to fly back to Calgary where he has to isolate for 11 more days apparently.

Haha just get vaccinated you donkeys.
Gundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:05 PM   #4235
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

In light of today's decision to no longer require positive cases to isolate past August 16th.
Monahammer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2021, 07:22 AM   #4236
GordonBlue
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post

In light of today's decision to no longer require positive cases to isolate past August 16th.
glad Hinshaw is in that picture. She's been assimilated.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2021, 09:21 AM   #4237
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

A play by play of a trial in Ontario for KJJ

https://twitter.com/user/status/1420388506745163776
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aaronck For This Useful Post: