Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-21-2019, 05:42 AM   #201
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player
 
Cali Panthers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Exp:
Default

I dunno, how many women truly enjoy torture porn? I found that the show devolved into that and weird homosexual power dynamics more than anything else. I made that case to my wife and she agreed and stopped watching shortly after the 1st season.

I thought it was pretty terrible at all times.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
If we can't fall in love with replaceable bottom 6 players then the terrorists have won.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:59 AM   #202
8 Ball
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Exp:
Default

Wife and I started watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix. We think it is excellent.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:41 PM   #203
Strange Brew
Franchise Player
 
Strange Brew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Exp:
Default

Is anyone watching I Am the Night with Chris Pine? I have it and True Detective tees up, but not sure which to watch to first. Or either for that matter. Any thoughts?

Just started watching The Americans and halfway through Season 1. Fantastic.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:23 AM   #204
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback
 
8sPOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
Wife and I started watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix. We think it is excellent.
Such a great show, just finished the 4th season this week. You're in for an awesome ride!
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2019, 10:35 AM   #205
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player
 
WhiteTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Exp:
Default

Just caught up on The Rookie. It's a fun light-hearted show with interesting dynamics between the 6 main characters.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #206
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player
 
Finger Cookin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Exp:
Default

I'm about 2/3 of the way through my rewatch of Person of Interest. This show is so good.
Finger Cookin is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #207
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player
 
Huntingwhale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
I'm about 2/3 of the way through my rewatch of Person of Interest. This show is so good.
I could never get into it. Watched the first 4ish seasons and never felt the attraction to it that other people did .
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:34 AM   #208
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player
 
Finger Cookin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Exp:
Default

I mean, you're a monster , but that's your prerogative. No show is made for everyone. Hope you find something that engaged you the way POI engaged me.
Finger Cookin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:46 AM   #209
gallione11
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
I'm about 2/3 of the way through my rewatch of Person of Interest. This show is so good.
Agreed here. Me and the GF just finished our second rewatch on Monday. Blitzed through the 103 episodes in about 45 days. Very few weak episodes, and several make you want to keep watching.

Can't recall how irritating it was to have a week (or more) between episodes when it was airing, but I imagine it was pretty bad. Especially for the year long break between the last two seasons.
gallione11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:02 PM   #210
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallione11 View Post
Agreed here. Me and the GF just finished our second rewatch on Monday. Blitzed through the 103 episodes in about 45 days. Very few weak episodes, and several make you want to keep watching.

Can't recall how irritating it was to have a week (or more) between episodes when it was airing, but I imagine it was pretty bad. Especially for the year long break between the last two seasons.
You’ve watched it three times?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:16 PM   #211
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player
 
Cali Panthers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Exp:
Default

Has anyone else watched You're The Worst from FX? My wife and I decided to give it a try last week and we've been bingeing it pretty hard. 5 seasons in apparently, and I just discovered it. It's a bit like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia if it were a romantic comedy (though not nearly as insane as that show is at times). I'd recommend if you like misanthropic humor.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
If we can't fall in love with replaceable bottom 6 players then the terrorists have won.

Last edited by Cali Panthers Fan; 02-14-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:33 PM   #212
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player
 
Huntingwhale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Has anyone else watched You're The Worst from FX? My wife and I decided to give it a try last week and we've been bingeing it pretty hard. 5 seasons in apparently, and I just discovered it. It's a bit like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia if it were a romantic comedy (though not nearly as insane as that show is at times). I'd recommend if you like misanthropic humor.
I watched it. I found it started out great, but by the end I was glad it was over. Some hilarious moments though.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:45 PM   #213
AC
Resident Videologist
 
AC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I watched it. I found it started out great, but by the end I was glad it was over. Some hilarious moments though.
It's still going on. Season 5 ends in April.

The first few seasons were definitely the best, but it still has it's moments.

The PTSD episode in season 3 was incredible:
https://www.gq.com/story/youre-the-worst-ptsd-episode
__________________
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:07 PM   #214
woob
First Line Centre
 
woob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Exp:
Default

What platform are you guys watching Person of Interest on? I don't see it on Amazon or Netflix, sadly.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #215
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player
 
Finger Cookin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
What platform are you guys watching Person of Interest on? I don't see it on Amazon or Netflix, sadly.
My Blu-rays I collected of it. Finally got S2 around the holidays, so I started my rewatch.

Chances are it will end up on whatever service Warner Media/AT&T launches to build around its HBO service.

If you're bilingual apparently CBC is streaming all 5 seasons en francais?

Last edited by Finger Cookin; 02-16-2019 at 06:44 PM.
Finger Cookin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #216
Hessen
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Hessen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Started watching The Umbrella Academy last night. 3 episodes in and my whole family really likes it.
Hessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:48 PM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016