Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-06-2019, 07:55 AM   #2941
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.
 
Superflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Airdrie\Calgary
Exp:
Default

These car commercials where they show they can go off road and handle any conditions. Then they show them on a perfectly level and cleared dirt road with no ruts or pot holes. Wow that is so amazing!
I find Nissan is the worst for this especially with this new lampton legend one. She goes up a small hill with some snow on it and she is revered through out the lands about how she makes it up this small hill and waits until the last second to swerve around the tow truck.

Also CashKai or whatever is the new worst name for a vehicle
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #2942
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player
 
Erick Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
These car commercials where they show they can go off road and handle any conditions. Then they show them on a perfectly level and cleared dirt road with no ruts or pot holes. Wow that is so amazing!
I find Nissan is the worst for this especially with this new lampton legend one. She goes up a small hill with some snow on it and she is revered through out the lands about how she makes it up this small hill and waits until the last second to swerve around the tow truck.

Also CashKai or whatever is the new worst name for a vehicle
SUV commercials are inherently silly as they always like to tout the off-road capabilities showing people head into the forest, up mountains, etc when 95% of these vehicles purchased never leave paved roads.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:55 PM   #2943
CofR
Olympic Guru
 
CofR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: PL5
Exp:
Default

The Drive Nation commercial that seemingly plays every break on Sportsnet is so annoying it makes me rage every time I see it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Back View Post
The Oilers are very close on becoming a powerhouse team.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2019, 06:23 PM   #2944
killer_carlson
Franchise Player
 
killer_carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Exp:
Default

I quite enjoy the Sun Life commercials with the granddad and the granddaughter doing the dance.

The old boy has some good moves. Makes me smile every time.
__________________
"OOOOOOHHHHHHH those Russians" - Boney M
killer_carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to killer_carlson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2019, 12:01 PM   #2945
browna
Franchise Player
 
browna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
SUV commercials are inherently silly as they always like to tout the off-road capabilities showing people head into the forest, up mountains, etc when 95% of these vehicles purchased never leave paved roads.
Even if they do have extra clearance or upgraded suspension for offroad, which most don't, 95% of that extra capability it still soley tires, and nothing outside of some off road specific models of trucks, is there anything but all season tires standard on these.

Same goes for snow and ice, obviously. While hestiste to say all 4wd systems and transfer cases are the same (our f150 in 4a mode is nowherre near as good as previous GM vehicles), they are all generally the same, and the stock tires would be below average (worse so if they have the low resistance all season tires that manufacturers are adding as cheaper and saves fuel economy by 0.1 mpg) in those conditions.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:18 PM   #2946
btimbit
Franchise Player
 
btimbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

"Our Santa Fe has 263 000 kilometers on it"

Is that supposed to be some kind of impressive amount?
btimbit is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2019, 10:19 PM   #2947
btimbit
Franchise Player
 
btimbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

dbl
btimbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:36 AM   #2948
N-E-B
Franchise Player
 
N-E-B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

I really can’t stand the voice of the girl in all the Fan960 ads. I don’t know why but every time she says “Hey did ya knowwwwwww” it just bugs the crap out of me.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:15 PM   #2949
handgroen
First Line Centre
 
handgroen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Exp:
Default

marty giles for northstar ford

gotta shower after his spiel
__________________


is your cat doing singing?
handgroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:46 AM   #2950
DuffMan
Franchise Player
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 127.0.0.1
Exp:
Default

The newer Matthew Mcconaughey Lincoln commercial where he goes over to some other rich millennials house and regales with tales over dinner, and then notices the pool table on the way out. He proceeds to shoot some highly professional pool shots while everyone stays in a hallway watching him and muttering about never seeing things like that before, but he has, in his Lincoln.

stupid commercial.
__________________
Pass the bacon.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DuffMan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2019, 03:05 PM   #2951
Yamer
Franchise Player
 
Yamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Red Deer
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
The newer Matthew Mcconaughey Lincoln commercial where he goes over to some other rich millennials house and regales with tales over dinner, and then notices the pool table on the way out. He proceeds to shoot some highly professional pool shots while everyone stays in a hallway watching him and muttering about never seeing things like that before, but he has, in his Lincoln.

stupid commercial.
I did a "Is this real life" when I first saw that commercial.
__________________
"It's a great day for hockey."
-'Badger' Bob Johnson (1931-1991)

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:16 PM   #2952
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer
 
troutman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winebar Kensington
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
The newer Matthew Mcconaughey Lincoln commercial where he goes over to some other rich millennials house and regales with tales over dinner, and then notices the pool table on the way out. He proceeds to shoot some highly professional pool shots while everyone stays in a hallway watching him and muttering about never seeing things like that before, but he has, in his Lincoln.

stupid commercial.

Colin Jost had a joke on SNL last week about how this guy was caught having sex with his car - and how this is like every Lincoln commercial with Matt.
__________________
http://nwcalgarylaw.com/
http://cjsw.com/program/fossil-records/
twitter/instagram @troutman1966
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:48 PM   #2953
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day
 
jayswin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
"Our Santa Fe has 263 000 kilometers on it"

Is that supposed to be some kind of impressive amount?
For a Sante Fe? Probably.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 08:03 AM   #2954
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.
 
Superflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Airdrie\Calgary
Exp:
Default

This CPA commercial is so bad. No you do not influence every company out there, you do not make every company hip and cool. The one that gets me the most is the Fight Cybercrime line, I have found that accountants are the worst when it comes to this, they are by far the most likely group to fall for it or click on shady links in emails.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Superflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 08:50 AM   #2955
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer
 
troutman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winebar Kensington
Exp:
Default

Every new car commercial involves a cute couple standing 50 m away from the vehicle, while they make comments about the car.
__________________
http://nwcalgarylaw.com/
http://cjsw.com/program/fossil-records/
twitter/instagram @troutman1966
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:25 PM   #2956
btimbit
Franchise Player
 
btimbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Every new car commercial involves a cute couple standing 50 m away from the vehicle, while they make comments about the car.
And it's almost always an interracial couple I've noticed. Which is fine, it's just funny because you know it's just a box to tick
btimbit is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 01:04 PM   #2957
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player
 
Erick Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley
Exp:
Default

Why does Telus always use animals in their commercials?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:17 PM   #2958
Minnie
#1 Goaltender
 
Minnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: On your last nerve...:D
Exp:
Default

"Honey, did you buy the groceries?" most nasally screechy annoying voice ever.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:59 PM   #2959
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.
 
Superflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Airdrie\Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
And it's almost always an interracial couple I've noticed. Which is fine, it's just funny because you know it's just a box to tick
I have noticed this more and more. There was one commercial that I cannot remember what it was for now but it was something like a white father, black mother, Asian daughter and I would guess an Middle Eastern son in a wheelchair. I mean that checked every box.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Superflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 02:03 PM   #2960
DuffMan
Franchise Player
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 127.0.0.1
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
I have noticed this more and more. There was one commercial that I cannot remember what it was for now but it was something like a white father, black mother, Asian daughter and I would guess an Middle Eastern son in a wheelchair. I mean that checked every box.
missed the son and his husband, then it was a jackpot.

I see a lot of same sex couples in commercials these days too, not that there is anything wrong with that. Just seems like everyone is doing it.
__________________
Pass the bacon.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:55 PM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016