Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #441
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecube View Post
Peter12 was the only guy on this forum I ever truly wanted to pull a Jay and Silent Bob on- that is, track him down at his house and kick the ever loving crap out of him.
Out of all the lists in the OT forum that would be an interesting one.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 11-21-2017, 09:56 AM   #442
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
I had lunch with a westjet pilot last month and he said he was banned from here by an asshat mod who couldn't take his politics in the off topic forum, He said said the place needs a free for all or no rules forum to blow off steam.
Maybe an alt-right hot-head should not be allowed to fly planes either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2017, 10:23 AM   #443
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
Haha, 46. I’m the champ so far. Crushed pepsi’s 10.
I just reported your post for needless taunting. Put me down for 1.

.. 2 days late for this joke. Sorry for being a newbie.

Last edited by Johnny Makarov; 11-21-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:53 AM   #444
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think that my tough guy reputation in this virtual yard that we call CP is lacking. Maybe I need to get some infractions by finding a way to virtually shank some users. Because getting a facial tattoo might not be enough to get my respect in the yard.

Now give me your lunch money fish.
I found the perfect role for you

Old 11-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #445
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameZilla View Post
I miss moon.
I miss Phanuthier (RIP)
Old 11-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #446
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

11 pages?

Had a few issues with admins but overall they are a good group. I don't think they need to be rotated, but I do think people need to relax a bit more when they post on here. And if you get too caught up in stuff, stop posting in that thread for a while.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #447
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok, so looking back now I can see a misunderstanding between the mods and myself when I returned and I should not actually have opened that can of worms in a public thread, it should have been discussed through PM. I apologize for that, there was no need to drag that out in this thread.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2017, 02:15 PM   #448
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

But relevant to your point, I posted a contrary opinion in the PGT and got jumped on by a half dozen people immediately. Included was being called sensitive by someone who quite certainly buys aloe vera by the tonne.

Know what that was? Vigorous debate. Nothing more. It's the point of a forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2017, 02:26 PM   #449
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Further to that Reso, the “pile on” that some people are complaining about is just a by-product of message boards and social media in general. You have hundreds (if not thousands) of people with something to say and while not everyone will respond to everything, when a position that is agreed or disagreed with by a high majority of people is posted, the effects mimick a “pile on” as you get a minority posting a less held position and a majority posting a response to that.

It happens both positively and negatively. When the Flames win, do we need a hundred posters saying the equivalent of “yay”? No, but it happens. When the Flames score, we get a pile of posts that all say the same thing (“wooo” or the name of the player with an exclamation point), do we need it? No. When someone posts good news, we get a whole lot of “congrats” or when it’s bad news, a whole lot of “Sorry.” The perception of a pile on has more to do with the function of a message board and less to do with groupthink or pack mentality. If someone posts an opinion that 19/20 people disagree with, they shouldn’t be shocked or upset when they get 19 people disagreeing with them. It’s just the way the nature of message boards.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #450
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Well I certainly think some people on here need to use more common sense when they post. The whole 'fire the coach' BS does get old after a while.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #451
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Well I certainly think some people on here need to use more common sense when they post. The whole 'fire the coach' BS does get old after a while.
Especially when this, or other overtly negative opinions just get posted in a drive by fashion in any and all threads. It gets really tiresome having to sift through zero substance whining. At least present your opinions well and with some sort of argument behind it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #452
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Well, as I noted in that thread, a couple people decided it would be a good idea to poke the bear. They proceeded to act shocked that there was a response.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:52 PM   #453
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Especially when this, or other overtly negative opinions just get posted in a drive by fashion in any and all threads. It gets really tiresome having to sift through zero substance whining. At least present your opinions well and with some sort of argument behind it.
Exactly. And for someone like me who doesn't get to spend that much time on here anymore, it is extremely annoying to have to sift through page after page on certain threads because there are so many crappy responses.

I have no problem when people post a 'fire the coach' post if like you said it is actually backed up with something.

I don't even read most threads anymore that is how bad it gets at times. If we win, everything is hunky dory, but if we lose its horrible.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:17 PM   #454
stone hands
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly. And for someone like me who doesn't get to spend that much time on here anymore, it is extremely annoying to have to sift through page after page on certain threads because there are so many crappy responses.

I have no problem when people post a 'fire the coach' post if like you said it is actually backed up with something.

I don't even read most threads anymore that is how bad it gets at times. If we win, everything is hunky dory, but if we lose its horrible.
lately there's been no respite, even if they clobber the defending presidents trophy winners
The Following User Says Thank You to stone hands For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2017, 04:21 PM   #455
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
Id put Calgaryblood on my ignore list... but i dont use it and generally get a laugh out of his antics/trolling. At least I hope he is trolling...
I have a single person on my ignore list and it has improved my QoL on CP big time. Out of sight, out of mind.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #456
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have put over 60 people on ignore over the years. Vast majority of those posters are either banned or otherwise gone by now.

(...this makes me think, maybe I should report posts more often to speed up the process of bad posters being banned? I do that very rarely.)

Even though some people tend to complain about the longterm posters, almost all of them are fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2017, 05:52 PM   #457
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I still think 2009 was worse. Holey moley could that group mope about not winning convincingly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:57 PM   #458
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey-and_stuff View Post
I have a single person on my ignore list and it has improved my QoL on CP big time. Out of sight, out of mind.
Fair point.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:07 PM   #459
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
I have put over 60 people on ignore over the years. Vast majority of those posters are either banned or otherwise gone by now.

(...this makes me think, maybe I should report posts more often to speed up the process of bad posters being banned? I do that very rarely.)

Even though some people tend to complain about the longterm posters, almost all of them are fine.
I think the complaints about the long-time posters, and what they supposedly get away with are rather stupid.

Some of us know each other personally and have argued with each other personally or on here for 10+ years. Given that sure we might get away with certain stuff or the mods(who some of us know personally) might not make a huge deal out of certain things that are said that others would consider over the line. When you've been here 10+ years you get that right. Big deal.

Last edited by Azure; 11-21-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:07 PM   #460
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameZilla View Post
I miss moon.
said no one ever
The Following User Says Thank You to GullFoss For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread