Videotron - NA***

USA
Indemand - Game 9 Game HD9
Directv - 776 SD 776-1 HD
Dish - 584 SD 9554 HD Hopper channel 475-12

Sirius Radio-- Siri 216 (Internet 924)
XM Radio-- XM 222 (Internet 924)
SXM Radio-- SXM 222 (Internet 924)

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
hwy19man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:04 PM   #122
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
I am not a father but I am more than surprised at a few of the responses here. The players are granted I believe up to 3 days in the CBA to be away from the team in order to be at the birth of their child. I don't see anything wrong with a player taking some time to be there, games missed and all.

Just because a player makes millions or can retire in their 30's doesn't mean their emotions are any less important. The guy has a son and now has a daughter, girls have a special place in a fathers heart and if he has to miss a game (game being key word) than so be it.

I don't know if he will play or if his head will be in the right space but I don't think there is anything wrong with this at all. It's no different than somebody taking a benefit at work that they are also able to.
When my wife gave birth and stayed the night in the hospital, I went home to sleep. I spent a good 7 hours away from my wife and new baby.

Of course, this is Gio's choice, but it being a home game and his wife giving birth yesterday, I'm sure he won't be torn up about leaving for 4 or 5 hours. Especially if it's not his first kid.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:07 PM   #123
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Do any of you have kids? It might be a little challenging for Gio to rush back into the lineup after going through the birth of a child just 1 day prior.

Can we not get a couple of days paternity leave for athletes? I know sports is super important and all, but perhaps we can afford Gio an extra day off?

I took all of 1 week paternity leave for the birth of my daughter recently, but I should be able to take off a lot more than that to help out my poor wife who is still recovering at that stage.

I wish that as a society we created a better opportunity for fathers to be present.
I have six sons and two daughters - and everyone a Flames fan.

I would not fault Mr. Giordano for taking extra time off, especially not knowing how difficult a birth it was or how much sleep was lost, but I sure hope he plays.

Huge congrats and win it for Reese! GFG
Yrebmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #124
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
When my wife gave birth and stayed the night in the hospital, I went home to sleep. I spent a good 7 hours away from my wife and new baby.

Of course, this is Gio's choice, but it being a home game and his wife giving birth yesterday, I'm sure he won't be torn up about leaving for 4 or 5 hours. Especially if it's not his first kid.
Wow. My wife would NOT have been happy if I took off right after our child was born. Clearly we have different expectations from our spouses.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:14 PM   #125
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

They don't allow men to sleep on the floor in a shared room at the Peter Lougheed center.

So it was sleep at home, or stand in the hallway for 8 hours.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 06:15 PM   #126
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

No where else to really complain about this, so man am I ever getting annoyed with the Flames playing every 4th night.
I don't know who makes the schedules, but that's way too much time between games.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #127
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
No where else to really complain about this, so man am I ever getting annoyed with the Flames playing every 4th night.
I don't know who makes the schedules, but that's way too much time between games.
There was a game 2 days ago. And another two days before that.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:33 PM   #128
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
They don't allow men to sleep on the floor in a shared room at the Peter Lougheed center.

So it was sleep at home, or stand in the hallway for 8 hours.
Ah, gotcha. Nevermind then.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:34 PM   #129
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
There was a game 2 days ago. And another two days before that.
There's been at least 2-3 four+ day breaks for the Flames so far this season.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:55 PM   #130
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Wow. My wife would NOT have been happy if I took off right after our child was born. Clearly we have different expectations from our spouses.
With our first daughter, they made me leave once the ward closed up for the night. I wasn’t allowed to stay. I wasn’t pleased.

For whatever reason, there was no issue with my sticking around for the rest of our kids.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #131
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Please someone step up tonight
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #132
FiveSeven
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

RIP Bennett's streak!!
Old 11-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #133
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

3rd line scores tonight
Backlunds_socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:14 PM   #134
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
I am not a father but I am more than surprised at a few of the responses here. The players are granted I believe up to 3 days in the CBA to be away from the team in order to be at the birth of their child. I don't see anything wrong with a player taking some time to be there, games missed and all.

Just because a player makes millions or can retire in their 30's doesn't mean their emotions are any less important. The guy has a son and now has a daughter, girls have a special place in a fathers heart and if he has to miss a game (game being key word) than so be it.

I don't know if he will play or if his head will be in the right space but I don't think there is anything wrong with this at all. It's no different than somebody taking a benefit at work that they are also able to.
He was there for the Birth and they are on a home stand with no games until Monday after tonight. Had they been on a trip it's a different story.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:08 PM   #135
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
I'm willing to give these lines another few games, but if we get to game 20 with the same issues, I'd like to see the lines split up to spread out our high end talent across 3 lines.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Jankowski pots one of his arse tonight!

Gfg

Wow!
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:11 PM   #136
Fan in Exile
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotinthebacklund View Post
I agree Cali, Family will always come first for me. Nothing would have made me go into work the first days of my child's life. I want to be there as you never get those days back.
Fully on with wanting to be there but...I'd trade in time for the first few days for time later on when they're more interactive. I agree the mom needs support but I don't think that means being housebound for days. I'd understand it if Gio or anyone else wanted that time post-birth but I don't think there's anything wrong with him playing either. If I take paternity leave, it will probably be at the 6-18 month stage. At that point I can actually do just as good a job as my child's mother.

Crazily derailed pregame thread by the way. Anyone actually looking forward to the game after a 4-day break?! Big test to see if this team is really headed in a positive direction. The Blues won't give them time to find their legs. I hope GG has them ready to come out hard this time.
Fan in Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #137
ThaBrink
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan in Exile View Post
Fully on with wanting to be there but...I'd trade in time for the first few days for time later on when they're more interactive. I agree the mom needs support but I don't think that means being housebound for days. I'd understand it if Gio or anyone else wanted that time post-birth but I don't think there's anything wrong with him playing either. If I take paternity leave, it will probably be at the 6-18 month stage. At that point I can actually do just as good a job as my child's mother.

Crazily derailed pregame thread by the way. Anyone actually looking forward to the game after a 4-day break?! Big test to see if this team is really headed in a positive direction. The Blues won't give them time to find their legs. I hope GG has them ready to come out hard this time.
I'm confused on why this thread got bumped 4 days later
ThaBrink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThaBrink For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2017, 03:16 PM   #138
Fan in Exile
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Never mind. Totally out to lunch. Wrong thread. Thought this was the Flames/Blues PGT.
Fan in Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fan in Exile For This Useful Post: