Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2017, 07:14 AM   #1
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Monday, November 13th, 2017

GameDay: Flames vs. Blues

7 p.m., Scotiabank Saddledome, TV: Sportsnet West, Radio: Sportsnet 960 The Fan
THE BIG MATCHUP
Mike Smith vs. Jaden Schwartz
The Flames netminder will have his work cut for him against the Blues leading scorer, the 25-year-old Notre Dame Hounds alum who has nine goals and 13 assists and 22 points. Smith has been excellent this season, despite being one of the busiest netminders in the NHL (he’s faced 497 shots in 15 games). The Flames would agree that they’ve allowed Smith to face too many shots, but it won’t be easy to do that against one of the most underrated players in the game.
Andersson making most of limited NHL call-up

Rasmus Andersson knows his days in Calgary could be numbered.

The 21-year-old Calgary Flames defenceman was recalled a week ago from the American Hockey League in the wake of Travis Hamonic’s lower-body injury, and, on Sunday, it appeared that Hamonic was a little closer to returning to the lineup.
But having been through this scenario before, Andersson can only control a few elements — how he practises and plays.
“You can’t really think too much ahead,” said the Flames second-round pick of the 2015 NHL Draft. “You’re here as long as they tell me to be here. I want to spend my career here, and I thought I made a strong impression.
Gilmour book is a Killer read

The best praise I can give Killer is that it feels like a deeper dive version of Gilmour’s Players Tribune piece from last March. The book is a much more expansive look at Gilmour’s life and career, starting with his humble beginnings with the Cornwall Royals and walking the reader right through his entire NHL career. The thing the book arguably does as well as any recent hockey bio is put you into Gilmour’s headspace regarding the various situations he’s been in his career. Whether it’s trying to make Team Canada, his time with the Blues, his departure from the Flames or his tenure with the Leafs, Gilmour provides enough information to understand where his thought process was coming from. Flames fans may find themselves fuming when reading about the January 1992 trade between Calgary and Toronto that is widely considered to be the worst trade in Flames history.

Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2017, 03:11 PM   #2
Brick
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

http://www.flamesfrom80feet.ca/
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brick For This Useful Post: