Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-12-2018, 12:11 PM   #561
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
Are we doing a CP GOTY thread this year? With the release of Super Smash Bros Ultimate, I think all the major contenders are out.
My vote is still RDR.

Amazing masterpiece of a game, from the script to the voice acting and music.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 07:09 PM   #562
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't played RDR yet (give me PC or give me death), but for me God of War is the game of the year, and probably in the conversation for game of the decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I might have to get this expansion, build Canada into a nuclear power, create a massive military and bring world peace through violent negotiations.

codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2018, 10:36 AM   #563
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
My vote is still RDR.

Amazing masterpiece of a game, from the script to the voice acting and music.
I'm looking forward to finally get to it, if I ever finish Odyssey. Man that game is massive
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #564
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm a big LucasArts adventure game fan, so was happy to see that for a limited time, GOG is giving away the remastered version of Full Throttle. Will be fun to play again.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:22 PM   #565
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I'm looking forward to finally get to it, if I ever finish Odyssey. Man that game is massive
Outside of completing optional grind side quests I think I put about 100 hours in odyssey before tiring of random wandering. Still a lot of fun and would play an expansion pack for sure but once everything is maxed out and upgraded the lack of a “carrot” makes grinding not nearly as engrossing.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2018, 03:45 PM   #566
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I've been thinking about getting Origins and Odyssey when they go on sale, but the last AC game I played was Black Flag, and while fun the thing I hated the most was looking at the massive amounts of icons on the map anytime I opened it. I'm the type of person that likes to finish all the available side stuff in most games before proceeding with the main story, but each AC game made that more and more difficult. Are the latest games even worse now?
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #567
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Odyssey hides a bunch of quests behind message boards (to to the message board, see the list of quests, accept a bunch, then they show up in your quest log and map). So in that respect I think some content is hidden and won't bug you too much if you just ignore them.

On the downside there are lots of what must be randomly generated quests lying around, they come and go, and I don't think you can get rid of those. I ended up just ignoring them because they're mostly the same "kill some random guy, or kill 5 sharks, or deliver this package", I think they must just be there for grinding but I don't feel like I was ever underleveled.. I hit the level cap right around around the time I was getting to the final few bits of the game.

But overall it's a good game to help train the completionist side of yourself to not worry about it lol, there's probably 120 hours of content without going too far into the generated quests.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:14 AM   #568
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm a completionist, so I absolutely HATE online trophies because I hate paying for PS+ and cooperative online trophies are just dumb. Most people suck.

I'm missing two platinum trophies because of some ridiculous online trophies for Black Flag and Brotherhood. Chaps my ass.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #569
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
I'm a big LucasArts adventure game fan, so was happy to see that for a limited time, GOG is giving away the remastered version of Full Throttle. Will be fun to play again.

I was coming in to post that, I had to order it, it was one of my favorite games when it came out.

Plus Mark hamill

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2018, 08:25 PM   #570
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I'm a completionist, so I absolutely HATE online trophies because I hate paying for PS+ and cooperative online trophies are just dumb. Most people suck.

I'm missing two platinum trophies because of some ridiculous online trophies for Black Flag and Brotherhood. Chaps my ass.
Online trophies are the worst!
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #571
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Started playing through The Last of Us Remastered again. It was the first game I bought when I got a PS4, and at the time, I considered it the greatest game ever made. Now, playing through it again... it clearly still is. I've played the best games of 2016, 2017, 2018 by consensus and the sheer quality of this experience is just in its own league. I mean, it's not even close. It definitely feels clunkier now, and obviously as a remastered PS3 game the visuals (which are still beautiful as all get out) show their age, but it doesn't matter. This is still the pinnacle of the medium. Particularly when it's compared to God of War (which it would be, for obvious reasons), one of these things is a well made game, and the other one is a work of art.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2018, 02:53 PM   #572
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Started playing through The Last of Us Remastered again. It was the first game I bought when I got a PS4, and at the time, I considered it the greatest game ever made. Now, playing through it again... it clearly still is. I've played the best games of 2016, 2017, 2018 by consensus and the sheer quality of this experience is just in its own league. I mean, it's not even close. It definitely feels clunkier now, and obviously as a remastered PS3 game the visuals (which are still beautiful as all get out) show their age, but it doesn't matter. This is still the pinnacle of the medium. Particularly when it's compared to God of War (which it would be, for obvious reasons), one of these things is a well made game, and the other one is a work of art.
Are you playing on Grounded difficulty? I highly recommend it if you want a challenge! It changes up the strategies you need to employ quite a bit, and makes replaying the game even more enjoyable in my opinion.

Just don't give up in the sawmill! It's a huge rush when you finally get through that. Took me about 100 tries I think!
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:03 PM   #573
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shenmue 1 & 2 for $10.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_no...rds=B07CHX8BKJ
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:28 AM   #574
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've just started playing a game called Titanfall 2. What an incredible game it is! The single player mode is really fun, the controls are amazing, and the graphics on a PS4 Pro @ 1080P are excellent. If you haven't played this game yet then give it a try - you can find it for the Xbox and PS4 for $4 at Dollarama.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 11:08 AM   #575
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
Are you playing on Grounded difficulty? I highly recommend it if you want a challenge! It changes up the strategies you need to employ quite a bit, and makes replaying the game even more enjoyable in my opinion.

Just don't give up in the sawmill! It's a huge rush when you finally get through that. Took me about 100 tries I think!
Last of Us is one of the only games where I straight-up had to drop the difficulty to easy. I didn't really hear that complaint from anybody else, and I'm generally adept at those types of games, but I could only get my jaw ripped off by a clicker so many times before I gave up.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:23 AM   #576
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
I've just started playing a game called Titanfall 2. What an incredible game it is! The single player mode is really fun, the controls are amazing, and the graphics on a PS4 Pro @ 1080P are excellent. If you haven't played this game yet then give it a try - you can find it for the Xbox and PS4 for $4 at Dollarama.
I bought this at full price during release, it was a short but amazing single player campaign. Multiplayer was dead then so probably dead now also. I saw this at dollarama so bought 5 copies for friends.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #577
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Am I the only person in the world that thinks Kingdom Hearts 3 looks kinda bad? All the anime story stuff just seems like total nonsense, the combat looks completely chaotic and impossible to follow, and the Disney stuff doesn't resonate with me like it did when I was 12. Yet everyone is going crazy for it.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:50 PM   #578
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

well it sounds like you didn't play KH2 or any of the side games so why would you be interested in KH3?

the game isn't for you.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:11 PM   #579
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you haven't seen this already from League of Legends:

Available now in VR Beat Saber:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:41 PM   #580
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.