Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-20-2018, 02:52 PM   #41
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
This could go in the I don't want to live on this planet thread. But I'll put it here cause it's going to be an awesome present supplement....

https://www.cameo.com/c/featured

You can get just about any not so famous but more than willing celebrity to record a personalized message for anyone you want. I may be late to this party but i don't care. i can get Stormy Daniels for $666 bucks but Michael Avenatti is only $350. The average "star" is $40. I can't stop shopping. Waka Flocka is temporarily unavailable but Soulja Boy is down for $100.
I get why the B list celebrities are doing this. But why is Brett Farve wasting his time for $500
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #42
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

No presents for the family. Got the lady friend Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit, a Housecoat and a Sushi Bazooka. Yup. Plus got the dog a bag full of toys and treats. Was good
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brocoli For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2018, 03:33 PM   #43
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
This could go in the I don't want to live on this planet thread. But I'll put it here cause it's going to be an awesome present supplement....

https://www.cameo.com/c/featured

You can get just about any not so famous but more than willing celebrity to record a personalized message for anyone you want. I may be late to this party but i don't care. i can get Stormy Daniels for $666 bucks but Michael Avenatti is only $350. The average "star" is $40. I can't stop shopping. Waka Flocka is temporarily unavailable but Soulja Boy is down for $100.
This is awesome. $99.00 to have Andy Dick/Ruth Buzzi/Bert Kreischer, etc. record a video just for you or a friend? That's a deal. I'm surprised at the length of some of the videos, too. I thought they'd be quick 10 second things. The drunker they are the longer the video.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:55 PM   #44
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
This is awesome. $99.00 to have Andy Dick/Ruth Buzzi/Bert Kreischer, etc. record a video just for you or a friend? That's a deal. I'm surprised at the length of some of the videos, too. I thought they'd be quick 10 second things. The drunker they are the longer the video.

I know! It's wildly affordable. And the selection!! There's something for everyone. The CEO of the company was on MSNBC and said they prefer less famous but more willing. I say mission accomplished.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:31 AM   #45
CrazyCaper
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Booked a family vacation to Mexico in April for the family. Kids are at the age where they don't need material gifts. We do a treasure hunt every year for their Santa gift. This year, along the way, they'll find a beach towel, sunscreen, etc.
CrazyCaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 08:06 AM   #46
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post

Debbie Gibson's were kind of awesome she's basically singing songs and making really personalized messages.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 08:39 AM   #47
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
We have a Chinese gift exchange for the adults in my family and this year we're getting $50 worth of weed to see who's in on it.
Holy #### this is a fantastic idea for white elephant
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:20 AM   #48
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got my sister and brother in law some gift cards for the liquor store. They seemed pretty happy with that.

I got my mom a Nespresso machine since she's always asking for a coffee at our house. That should keep her away.

The kids get lots and lots of new books to read. It's for them and for me, mostly so I don't blow my brains out reading the same stories over and over again. My boy also got a toy accordion that he's been asking for. That puts his toy musical instrument collection up to 9. The baby got some fun bath toys.

The dog got a new cozy bed to lay on in the living room since the kids now take up her usual sleeping spots. She's been using it a lot already and seems to be really enjoying her own space free from kids bothering her.

My wife got a cozy flannel robe and fancy 2019 personal calendar/organizer that she's been asking for, but I went beyond that and got her a full spa day at the fanciest spa down here, including massage, facial, manicure/pedicure, lunch, champagne, and hair/makeup services. That spa day comes with a 100% toddler free experience, meaning I'm handling both kids needs all day long from wake up to bedtime. This is how I manage to stay married to a woman far more attractive than I am.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2018, 05:05 PM   #49
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Looking for some barbiturates, if anyone has a source.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 05:25 PM   #50
BigNumbers
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Looking for some barbiturates, if anyone has a source.
If you need help, please call 211 and speak with many of the helpful resources at the Calgary distress center!
BigNumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigNumbers For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2018, 07:11 PM   #51
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I do appreciate the concern, but it’s nothing like that. Apparently doctors won’t even prescribe the #### anymore, but I swear to god all I want for Christmas is a good sleep .
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:56 PM   #52
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Very little. I've been very very sick, since the beginning of November, and really, no one is in the mood much this year - kids are all grown anyway, so....

Dragged my butt out today, and picked up a wireless gaming headset/microphone for 1 of my sons and another regular set of wireless headphones for my daughter. Eldest son will probably get cash, can use it for whatever he wants - spend it now, or save it for his San Jose trip on January. Bought ourselves a new duvet as a gift for each other, since it's about all we really need. Everyone gets new jammies for xmas eve, regardless of age. Beyond that I plan to do very little. May do a turkey if I can work up the energy, otherwise, I'm all for a wiener roast in the back yard at this point, LOL.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:58 PM   #53
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Very little. I've been very very sick, since the beginning of November, and really, no one is in the mood much this year - kids are all grown anyway, so....

Dragged my butt out today, and picked up a wireless gaming headset/microphone for 1 of my sons and another regular set of wireless headphones for my daughter. Eldest son will probably get cash, can use it for whatever he wants - spend it now, or save it for his San Jose trip on January. Bought ourselves a new duvet as a gift for each other, since it's about all we really need. Everyone gets new jammies for xmas eve, regardless of age. Beyond that I plan to do very little. May do a turkey if I can work up the energy, otherwise, I'm all for a wiener roast in the back yard at this point, LOL.

hope you feel better for Christmas, and if not, totally milk it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2018, 08:11 AM   #54
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is one of the best things I've ever seen.

If only I had seen this sooner.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:57 AM   #55
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Delete

Last edited by MoneyGuy; 12-23-2018 at 10:00 AM.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:29 AM   #56
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently someone broke into my house and absolutely shredded all the dog presents last night. There's wrapping paper and cardboard everywhere. The look on poor Dog's face is just tragic this morning. Like why? Why did those intruders steal all of MY presents and leave all the other ones? They even ate my dried, stretched beef esophagus that I was so looking forward to on Christmas morning. Those aren't even fit for human consumption. They must have been professionals because I didn't even hear them or I would have barked.

Good thing dogs are so loyal and trustworthy. Good ole trusty Dog. We'll go get some raw elk treats from the farm for xmas morning.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post: