Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-08-2018, 01:17 AM   #261
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

I didn't think the slash on Gaudreau was that bad since it was stick on stick first, then rides up and his Johnny's forearm.

However, I didn't even notice the Getzlaf crosscheck at the end. That was deliberately done to hurt Gaudreau. A dirty crosscheck directly into the unprotected part of his arm.

https://gfycat.com/InferiorDapperAlaskajingle
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 01:17 AM   #262
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakfast View Post
Tired of Hrudey constantly sticking up for his goalie pals.

“Silfverberg has one of the best releases in the game”

Yeah well Smith is also one of the worst goalies in the game, suppose that balances things out.
He may have one of the best releases in the game, however that goal/shot was a half slapper. Its not like it was a quick release snap shot.
soulchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soulchoice For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 01:18 AM   #263
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have never liked Smith's attitude at all from the moment we got him. First his comments about his former team was a red flag. Than even when he was playing good last year after every goal he would raise his arms at the dmen always blaming them and never taking responsibility for any goals against. Thats what i hate the most about him which is he always blames teammates and you can see it from his attitude too. If the rumors are true after one of his worst performances with 2 stinkers he calls out the team??? I would be livid if i was a player and good on Neal for calling him out. Smith has always had a horrible attitude get him off our team he isn't the type of goalie we will go far with. We are in the prime of our team Gio isnt getting any younger we need to make a move now so we can make some noise in the playoffs. Overpay for a goalie if u have to. The earlier the better so the new goalie can get some time to settle in before the playoffs.

Last edited by flamesforcup; 11-08-2018 at 01:20 AM.
flamesforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:18 AM   #264
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCharles View Post
Well actually I don't know if you frequent CofReddit much but there is a poster who is widely regarded as a Flames insider as he has broke a number of moves before anyone reported on them...

Anyways he just posted that Neal and Smith got into an argument again as Smith was complaining about poor defensive play and Neal fired back to Smith to make a save.

I know this is all heresay but just thought I would share it.

Not saying it true or not just letting y'all know.
It's great to say some random person is an insider. Who is it?

One of the biggest reasons Neal even signed with the Flames was because of his good buddy Smith. Now they're arguing?
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:19 AM   #265
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
It’s gotta be a mental thing with Smitty. Get him to a shrink. Goalies are nuts to begin with.

Everyone says what a physical specimen the guy is. He’s known as a fierce competitor. Where’s that guy? I honestly haven’t seen that guy since the team let Lucic manhandle him last year. His Save percentage is dead last in the league for starters. His GAA isn’t much better. Maybe Smith needs to let the freak flag fly a bit. Shoot at open nets. Two hand Getzlaf in front. I don’t know. Snap out of it Mike.

Mental part has to play a role. ! Wonder if Smith is struggling with the equipment changes, or maybe his reflexes are not what they used to be. Is his physical training up to par this season? We need him back soon!
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:20 AM   #266
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post

One of the biggest reasons Neal even signed with the Flames was because of his good buddy Smith. Now they're arguing?
Can't know for sure, but that reddit poster definitely seemed to have inside info during the off-season. Posted about several signings / firings / hirings days before they happened.

https://youtu.be/8f19yAJjmok?t=617

This was the documented example of Neal getting a little heated with Smith.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 01:20 AM   #267
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforcup View Post
Than even when he was playing good last year after every goal he would raise his arms at the dmen always blaming them and never taking responsibility for any goals against.
That's simply not true.

Why are some posters making things up?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 01:23 AM   #268
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Can't know for sure, but that reddit poster definitely seemed to have inside info during the off-season. Posted about several signings / firings / hirings days before they happened.

https://youtu.be/8f19yAJjmok?t=617

This was the documented example of Neal getting a little heated with Smith.
What were they saying?
Old 11-08-2018, 01:27 AM   #269
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
What’s Kari Ramo up to these days?
Kari Ramo is playing well in the KHL this year. GAA of 1.94 and a SVG PCT of .930 in 18 games. He would be a better option than Smith this year. When healthy I always thought Ramo was a decent tender.
soulchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:28 AM   #270
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
That's simply not true.

Why are some posters making things up?
How am i making things up? I saw him numerous times stare at his defensemen after goals and u can 100% tell he was mad at them

Last edited by flamesforcup; 11-08-2018 at 06:17 AM.
flamesforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:29 AM   #271
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
I bet this was the issue with Brouwer too. Hard to tell other guys to play better when you're not coming anywhere close to earning your keep.

I saw that poster’s remark as well. Somebody asked if it was true and he confirmed (fwiw) but followed with :

“I've heard rumblings before that players were not happy with Smith calling out teammates and with the way he's playing lately i definitely don't blame Neal one bit”

Prior to Smith joining Calgary, I was not impressed with this. Being fiery is one thing but channeling it wrong, particularly toward your teammates, as a goalie.. well, let’s just say you have to be pretty damn good to get away with it. A reason I would not like to see guys like Miller or Lehner on the team.

Tre is really in a pickle here because Smith is really not cutting it. If it has spilled from the ice in to the room, it’s a very bad situation.

Last edited by DeluxeMoustache; 11-08-2018 at 01:33 AM.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 01:33 AM   #272
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforcup View Post
How am i making things up? I saw him numerous times stare at his defensemen after goals and u can 100% tell her was mad at them
You said:

"after every goal he would raise his arms at the dmen always blaming them and never taking responsibility for any goals against."

That's not true.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:47 AM   #273
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I yell at my best friends when we are playing a sport and expect better of them. If you are a leader, hold your team accountable, Good on Neal.

Last edited by Since1984; 11-08-2018 at 01:50 AM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 01:49 AM   #274
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulchoice View Post
Kari Ramo is playing well in the KHL this year. GAA of 1.94 and a SVG PCT of .930 in 18 games. He would be a better option than Smith this year. When healthy I always thought Ramo was a decent tender.
Honestly, it's the ####ing KHL.... Go to bed
Old 11-08-2018, 01:51 AM   #275
crapshoot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, a Ramo/Rittich tandem does not look so bad at this point, maybe not Stanley Cup caliber, but probably average at least. Ramo really got shafted with that terrible injury. He could very well have been a starter if his career didn't derail like that. A reliable .910 goalie would do wonders for this team.
crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crapshoot For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 01:58 AM   #276
crapshoot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Honestly, it's the ####ing KHL.... Go to bed

Ramo came from the KHL last time and played well for us both in regular season and playoffs. It's not like it's ever gonna happen though, but it's also not like it's the worst idea ever to attempt to bring him back. Rather that then Steve Mason or any other reclamation project available to be honest. Anyway, the guy is 32, so it would just be another gamble on yet another stop gap solution. I bet throwing Rittich off the deep end to see what he's really got will be the first order of business, and right now I'm all for that. Back to back coming up, so he'll start one of the next two anyway.
crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:00 AM   #277
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I know I am in the minority, but I believe Ramo was a decent goalie. He struggled with some injuries and was left exposed way too often, but I don't think he deserves the hate some people have for him. Sure, he wasn't the solution, but he was far from the problem.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:00 AM   #278
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
I yell at my best friends when we are playing a sport and expect better of them. If you are a leader, hold your team accountable, Good on Neal.
Okay. My question was, what was he saying?
Old 11-08-2018, 02:12 AM   #279
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Okay. My question was, what was he saying?
I'm not part of the room, but I'm going to guess that Neal says something along the lines of "Make a ####ing save!"

And in response to the questions of the validity of the source. I personally know someone who works closely with the Flames and is in the locker room a few times a year. Mike Smith is the first to call out teammates when he feels they played poorly.

It's fairly well known that the poster on Reddit works in some capacity with the flames or is related to someone on the team in the know. He has been right too many times before anyone else.

Last edited by Since1984; 11-08-2018 at 02:19 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:14 AM   #280
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Post game links.
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/hockey/nhl...cap121755.html
https://scores.nbcsports.com/nhl/recap.asp?g=2018110725&home=25&vis=3&final=true