Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-11-2019, 06:48 PM   #7161
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec260 View Post
Indeed. I drive through the area several times a day so I am familiar I should be in left lane shortly after the turn as the right lane ends. Pacing? Give me a break. Here is my front dash cam clip.

https://youtu.be/AODOu9rgHgw
Whoa not you dude, I was taking about the cab. You were clearly in front of the truck.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 06:55 PM   #7162
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Whoa not you dude, I was taking about the cab. You were clearly in front of the truck.
That's exactly how I took your post, FTR. The cab is an idiot for pacing and because of that, he probably missed the signs that the right lane was ending. Of course he got all indignant, even though the semi is signalling and has marker lights halfway down his trailer.

The cab is a total dumbass for many reasons, but the semi is still at fault if they collide. You can tell that the semi driver is frustrated as well, as he fakes him a bit after gaining the lane. I'm one of those degenerates that watches youtube compilations of crap driving and I can totally understand the semi's frustration considering what they deal with regularly. Such as stupid ass morons like that cab driver being totally oblivious and then getting offended and trying to hold their ground.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 07:00 PM   #7163
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
That's exactly how I took your post, FTR. The cab is an idiot for pacing and because of that, he probably missed the signs that the right lane was ending. Of course he got all indignant, even though the semi is signalling and has marker lights halfway down his trailer.

The cab is a total dumbass for many reasons, but the semi is still at fault if they collide. You can tell that the semi driver is frustrated as well, as he fakes him a bit after gaining the lane. I'm one of those degenerates that watches youtube compilations of crap driving and I can totally understand the semi's frustration considering what they deal with regularly. Such as stupid ass morons like that cab driver being totally oblivious and then getting offended and trying to hold their ground.
I can’t believe how long he carried on the other side of the road. How do we submit this to that cab company? The video starts with the trucks signal lights on.

Now I understand why they made me put a front plate on here.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:07 PM   #7164
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Using a stroller is empowering. Pedestrians get out of your way, cars stop for you, and if some idiot standing in the middle of the side walk on their phone doesn't hear you repeatedly saying excuse me you can run over their foot. You start to feel almost invincible.

Strollers are a pain though not being able to get up stairs or fit into many shops and restaurants. Unless you absolutely need it for say a 10km walk maybe consider leaving the thing at home.
I despise our stroller. I canít decide if when our kids are old enough we should sell it or I should have a celebratory event in the backyard with TNT and matches.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:46 PM   #7165
Ped
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyt View Post
Stroller usage is grinding my gears. Specifically in busy/crowded places.

Went to my nephew/nieces school for a breakfast in the winter and all these people packed into a gym, and parents parking their strollers in between the tables. Like, you need a freaking stroller to bring your kids to breakfast in a school gym? Really?
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #7166
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I use skipthedishes a decent amount, but I haven't used Doordash lately, ever since one of their drivers failed to deliver an order and just... left. Didn't call to see if I was coming to the door of my building, just took off, and declared me "unreachable". Their customer support refunded my money, but said it was a one-time occurrence and next time my money would be forfeit. Based on that policy alone, I quit using them for months.

Well, today I figured I'd give them another shot. So it's now been over an hour since I placed my order, and I want to know where it is, because it should have been here 20 minutes ago. If I was using skipthedishes, they have a little live chat on their website to deal with questions like that. For Doordash, they give you the number of the delivery driver... except, in this case, that number is fake. It's disconnected. As a result, there is literally no customer service available at all apparently. I tried to go to their help site - it's a FAQ. I then tried to send them a message - "Thanks for your message! We will respond in 24-48 hours".

... Yeah, I'm not using this thing again. I hope skipthedishes wipes them off the face of the Earth. What a godawful service.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:08 PM   #7167
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
So I use skipthedishes a decent amount, but I haven't used Doordash lately, ever since one of their drivers failed to deliver an order and just... left. Didn't call to see if I was coming to the door of my building, just took off, and declared me "unreachable". Their customer support refunded my money, but said it was a one-time occurrence and next time my money would be forfeit. Based on that policy alone, I quit using them for months.

Well, today I figured I'd give them another shot. So it's now been over an hour since I placed my order, and I want to know where it is, because it should have been here 20 minutes ago. If I was using skipthedishes, they have a little live chat on their website to deal with questions like that. For Doordash, they give you the number of the delivery driver... except, in this case, that number is fake. It's disconnected. As a result, there is literally no customer service available at all apparently. I tried to go to their help site - it's a FAQ. I then tried to send them a message - "Thanks for your message! We will respond in 24-48 hours".

... Yeah, I'm not using this thing again. I hope skipthedishes wipes them off the face of the Earth. What a godawful service.
UPS flagged your number in the global customer service system.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:45 PM   #7168
DiracSpike
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec260 View Post
Last night on Hwy 8/Glenmore westbound towards 69th st SW. Counting my lucky stars.

https://youtu.be/TQ_lG3gh48o
That's insane, idiot cab almost killed someone. It's too bad you couldn't get a plate that moron needs his license torn up immediately. We don't have the full exchange but from the time that video starts to the 13 second mark the truck has the blinker on to move over. Even just that is enough time for any competent driver to get out of the way and I feel pretty secure in saying that he probably had it on for longer than that. 13 seconds at 80km/hr is 289 meters which is longer than most merge lanes which is essentially what that situation is. As someone in the continuing lane it's your job to let someone in given reasonable time which that cab had at bare minimum. So the cab is already majorly ducking up at the point the semi has to move over, and then obviously there's no excuse for driving like a lunatic on the wrong side of the road and almost killing himself and incoming traffic.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:48 PM   #7169
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Most amazing thing to me was how long it took that cab to realize slowing down and going behind the truck was the best move. He seriously froze up and thought staying in oncoming traffic that long was a good move?
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 06:55 AM   #7170
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Most amazing thing to me was how long it took that cab to realize slowing down and going behind the truck was the best move. He seriously froze up and thought staying in oncoming traffic that long was a good move?
I was wondering if he originally simply wasn't paying attention that the right lane was ending (we don't know if he was on the phone or fiddling with something instead of paying attention) and felt he didn't need to let the truck in, nor did he feel the urgency to change his speed. Once forced in the wrong lane I think as you say he panicked and wasn't thinking straight. He just handled things so poorly and knowing that a driver like this is on our roads all day almost every day is kind of scary.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:14 AM   #7171
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

At that point he had the yellow sticks between where he was and where he belonged. So even slamming on the brakes wouldn't allow him to get back over without running over the plastic sticks. I didn't see them the first few times I watched.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:22 AM   #7172
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software

Exp:

I passed a taxi driving the wrong way down Barlow a couple nights ago, so the cabbies are certainly having a week...

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:47 AM   #7173
Royle9
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yea, the cab is the one here that's definitely at fault.
Dont get offended, we're just asking questions and now that we see the front cam footage its apparent that the fault lies solely on the CAB and the transport truck (both "professional" drivers by default)

Driving 30-40 minutes to and from work every day you notice just how many people give 0 ####s about paying attention while driving anymore. Clearly we all see it so often now but its sad how bad its become.

Driving home yesterday I sat behind someone eating with 2 hands (using knee's to steer perhaps) on crowchild trail NW, a bowl of soup or something it was absolutely absurd. They were of course in the left lane doing about 70 in the 80 and in and out of the rock debris near the median constantly.

What made it worse was the middle lane was right there pacing this car, on her phone and twirling her hair because paying attention would be too much to ask.

This type of #### is an every day occurrence, its embarrassing how bad distracted driving has become. They need to find a way to enforce it more often and with extremely strict fines before people start getting killed. These people may as well be driving around absolutely hammered beyond belief because their attention span and driving skill is no different.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Royle9 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 07:51 AM   #7174
TheSutterDynasty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
That's insane, idiot cab almost killed someone. It's too bad you couldn't get a plate that moron needs his license torn up immediately. We don't have the full exchange but from the time that video starts to the 13 second mark the truck has the blinker on to move over. Even just that is enough time for any competent driver to get out of the way and I feel pretty secure in saying that he probably had it on for longer than that. 13 seconds at 80km/hr is 289 meters which is longer than most merge lanes which is essentially what that situation is. As someone in the continuing lane it's your job to let someone in given reasonable time which that cab had at bare minimum. So the cab is already majorly ducking up at the point the semi has to move over, and then obviously there's no excuse for driving like a lunatic on the wrong side of the road and almost killing himself and incoming traffic.
The cabbie is a complete idiot.

But what the hell is the trucks plan here? The cab is clearly a terrible driver, so I would never assume he'd even see you forcing a merge into him. So the truck is damn lucky he didn't just swipe into the cab.

He's not letting you in but a merge is 50/50. That truck had plenty of time to see the cab isn't leaving a gap so drive defensive and slow down and get in a gap behind him somewhere.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:52 AM   #7175
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

[partially serious]
At least when people were driving after drinking they knew they were under the influence and put in the effort to focus harder on driving.
[/partially serious]
Old 07-12-2019, 07:52 AM   #7176
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Autonomous cars are definitely going to be change for the better as drivers are getting worse. As a society we no longer appreciate, respect, and understand the responsibility required when behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 08:39 AM   #7177
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
I switched to First Calgary a while back on the recommendation of a friend. I like it. I closed down my Tangerine and now exclusively deal with them. I can call someone and get a person, I'm supporting a local city business, and I like credit unions.

However I've come to know that ATB is a government run bank and so I'm kind of keeping them in the back of my mind to do business with soon. Union bank? Yes please.
White Out post is White Out post.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #7178
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Why didn't the cabbie just turn on his hazard lights? My understanding is that when a cab does that, it allows them to do whatever they want on the road without consequences.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #7179
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
That's insane, idiot cab almost killed someone. It's too bad you couldn't get a plate
Exact reason every vehicle everywhere needs from and rear plates.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #7180
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Exact reason every vehicle everywhere needs from and rear plates.
fata that. I don't want a front plate fataing up the look of my car.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: