Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-30-2019, 06:17 PM   #6941
TheSutterDynasty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Cops who have no regard for traffic.

This was on Sarcee North about 3/4 up the hill from 16th with a bunch if traffic returning into the city. To be fair to the officer the shoulder wasn't huge there, but him and who he pulled over could have easily gone up on the curb a meter or two and been fine.

Besides that, it seems like they take their sweet ass time giving a ticket. There could have been other issues taking time in this case, but it seems like officers love wasting speeders' time. Trouble is traffic gets crazy because of the blocked lane..

The one ticket I've gotten all these things seemed to be the case.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:31 PM   #6942
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwingfan View Post
Ass clowns on Harleys that need to crank their radio - the bike isn't loud enough on it's own, better crank your ####ty music overtop of it. Losers
Loud radios save lives.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2019, 06:38 PM   #6943
OMG!WTF!
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
Is it possible that you just don't actually know what's going on with her, because it's none of your business?

Yeah cause that's what I do. I go around asking my friend everything I can about her junkie daughter.

The reason I'm not sure about this is because I just listen to her complain about how the government enables her daughter visa vis AISH. If I asked to see the kid's medical records it might paint a different story.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:48 PM   #6944
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

It most definitely would. Her AISH checks enabling drug purchasing does not equal AISH being given because of drug addiction. Alcohol and Drug addiction does go hand in hand with a lot of mental illness, however.

I'm not sure how you'd want it done, though? There's lots of issues with AISH and spending habits due to the fact that it's people with mental illness that use it. But if they're adults and they qualify and don't have a legal guardian than they get paid, and should.

Your complaint should be more directed at Canada's lackluster ability to provide quality addiction treatment not people qualifying for and receiving AISH.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2019, 07:10 PM   #6945
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post

This was on Sarcee North about 3/4 up the hill from 16th with a bunch if traffic returning into the city. To be fair to the officer the shoulder wasn't huge there, but him and who he pulled over could have easily gone up on the curb a meter or two and been fine.

Besides that, it seems like they take their sweet ass time giving a ticket. There could have been other issues taking time in this case, but it seems like officers love wasting speeders' time. Trouble is traffic gets crazy because of the blocked lane..

Stupid cop union no doubt is to blame.

Sorry couldnít help myself.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:03 PM   #6946
81MC
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
Ass clowns on any type of bike that thinks itís cool to rev their bike louder than necessary. We donít think you are as cool as you think you are.
I donít disagree with the sentiment, really loud bikes are obnoxious. Just keep in mind when you hear someone slowing down and revving their engine is the proper way to downshift.
The Following User Says Thank You to 81MC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2019, 07:49 AM   #6947
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post

Yep - often the two vehicles haphazardly pulled over / blocking a lane and causing traffic backups and rubber-neckers is several orders of magnitude more dangerous than one guy speeding. But, gotta meet those quotas.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:34 AM   #6948
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

I absolutely cannot stand people that take conference calls with speakers and cause an echo loop. BUY A FARKING HEADSET!!!!

I worked remote for Dell for a few years and we did tons of calls. But people were used to it and noobs would get rooted out and people would make sure they got their stuff fixed. At the university I work at now, I recently took a new role and we have more calls. There is a person that works remote and is on calls all the time, yet she can't be bothered to have a headset????
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2019, 02:40 PM   #6949
Nufy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anything with the tag...

"I bet I won't even get one share..."
Old 07-01-2019, 06:22 PM   #6950
jayswin

Exp:

Involved in road rage today, but handled it way better than when I was younger. Two younger aggressive looking guys in a black sierra left the Safeway liquor store in shawnessy as I was leaving cobbs bread (don't want to say for sure he was drinking, but certainly seemed like it with the swerving).

I had the actual lane and I don't think he knew that as he tried to pull in front of me as I was already passing him (he was just coming away from the safeway liquor store area, still in the main parking lot). He just laid on the horn and tailed me aggressively.

Then right after that I was turning right out of the safeway complex parking lot, an older couple looked like they were going to cross in front of me so I waited to make sure. This guy just lost it and started honking relentlessly, then sped around me and almost hit the guy in front of him in the left lane.

Instead of losing it like I probably would have 8 years ago or so, I just followed him to James Mckevitt, got a clear picture of his truck and plate and one that has him in the side mirror yelling back.

Now it'll be a police report and willingness to show up in court. Feels good after being so much dumber and aggressive when I was younger.

Last edited by jayswin; 07-01-2019 at 06:26 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2019, 06:24 PM   #6951
jayswin

Exp:

Are you allowed to post plate numbers on here? And yes, I confirmed it wasn't 4X4 first, lol.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:41 PM   #6952
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Now it'll be a police report and willingness to show up in court. Feels good after being so much dumber and aggressive when I was younger.
Well, at least he didn't shoot at you and accidentally hit a construction worker...
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #6953
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Now it'll be a police report and willingness to show up in court.
They won't be charged with anything in this instance. If it sounds bad enough they may have a talk with him, but that's it.

BlackArcher101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:58 PM   #6954
jayswin

Exp:

I'm hoping for just a ticket.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:04 PM   #6955
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
I donít disagree with the sentiment, really loud bikes are obnoxious. Just keep in mind when you hear someone slowing down and revving their engine is the proper way to downshift.
Are you sure you're not a hell's angel??!! (kidding)
Old 07-02-2019, 01:02 AM   #6956
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Are you allowed to post plate numbers on here? And yes, I confirmed it wasn't 4X4 first, lol.
Haha. I have a black sierra, but that was not me. I'm older and chiller, too. Good job on keeping your cool. Ironically, it turns out that that infuriates the rager even more. Buddy was probably in a bad mood from paying $10 more for his liquor instead of going to Olympia.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:35 AM   #6957
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

People that can't be bothered to pick up their dog's crap.
Rubicant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rubicant For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2019, 08:41 AM   #6958
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Haha. I have a black sierra, but that was not me. I'm older and chiller, too. Good job on keeping your cool. Ironically, it turns out that that infuriates the rager even more. Buddy was probably in a bad mood from paying $10 more for his liquor instead of going to Olympia.
I swear the Safeway Liquor store must be under the protection of the Hell's Angels or something, they have to charge more because they've got to pay for their protections racket.

Nothing like paying for the HA Graft.

Because if they're not then I dont know who are the bigger criminals...the Hell's Angels or the Safeway Liquor Store...
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:52 AM   #6959
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I swear the Safeway Liquor store must be under the protection of the Hell's Angels or something, they have to charge more because they've got to pay for their protections racket.

Nothing like paying for the HA Graft.

Because if they're not then I dont know who are the bigger criminals...the Hell's Angels or the Safeway Liquor Store...
We could probably ask someone on this board if they know whether the HA are involved or not, but he doesn't seem too interested in talking about it.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:38 PM   #6960
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicant View Post
People that can't be bothered to pick up their dog's crap.
Hate this. Seems to be rampant in my block and canít tell if itís just one pet owner. Thing is, never catch them in the act. So are they just looking around every time and only picking up when people are there? Or do they walk the dog at very odd times?
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post: